Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFR The Royal Mail 12:03 - Jun 9 with 6072 views49thseason

I have just sent this to the CEO and the Complaints Dept. Is anyone else having problems?
Dear Sir/ Madam
On Monday a white van stopped outside my home, a man in a Hi-Viz got out and dropped a parcel in front of my garage in plain view of the road, jumped back into his van and drove off
I was expecting a 1m Spirit Level, inside the small box he left was a silver trinket box!
It was addressed to a house half a mile away.
I decided to deliver the parcel myself.
On arriving at the address, there was no one home so I left a message on their digital doorbell.
The parcel I was expecting to be delivered was marked as “delivered” on your tracking system.
I tried to call you but apparently no one works on Monday afternoons...

On Tuesday the correct owners of the trinket box turned up and collected their parcel with grateful thanks.

The next day, Wednesday, a neighbour contacted me. A woman about half a mile away in the opposite direction had received a parcel meant for me and had posted a request on Facebook for anyone who knew me to get in touch as she was disabled and couldn’t deliver it herself.

I went round and found my Spirit Level at her house , it had been shoved through her letter box! She had not been expecting a parcel!

So now after a game of “pass the parcel”, and thanks to the honesty of the people involved everyone had the parcel they were expecting.

Today, Friday, I get a call from The Royal Mail, unfortunately I didn’t get to the phone on time and it went to answer phone and switched off, I rang back and found myself in a Byzantine Labyrinth of button pressing and questions, none of which I could answer as you rang me!

If this is an example of how the Royal Mail treats is customers and their parcels, it is a very poor one, Fortunately for you, honesty and ingenuity has overcome your ineptness and and frankly appalling, delivery system. Do you actually employ people who can’t read? It seems like it!

My previous experience of a Royal Mail delivery involved some live plants, well, they were alive when they left the Nursery, they arrived 12 days later, having been delivered to the wrong address and eventually that person walked up the street with them.

I note you charged the sender of the parcel you dropped outside my Garage nearly £5 to have the parcel “signed for”
Clearly if you are charging for this service and just dropping parcels off in front of peoples houses in plain view, you are participating in a fraud. What is to stop someone simply following your vans and picking up the parcels?

Frankly, I don’t expect to hear your apologies or explanations for this embarrassing episode. But I shall be posting this letter on my social media channels far and wide, and as you should know, a dissatisfied customer will tell everyone about their poor service. I understand the The Royal Mail is close to going bust, perhaps you will remember this incident when you are in the queue at the job centre? Its all a bit shit isn’t it?
NFR The Royal Mail on 18:45 - Jun 15 with 697 viewsjudd

NFR The Royal Mail on 16:10 - Jun 15 by SuddenLad

Wasn't she a grandma at 12 or summat?

Poll: What is it to be then?

NFR The Royal Mail on 19:05 - Jun 15 with 639 views49thseason

The only test she had passed when she left school was the pregnancy test!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024