Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. 15:54 - Sep 25 with 2354 viewsI_would

Easy! Stop going to games. Stop buying merchandise.

That might be enough for the dopey bunch of arrogant, blinkered owners to sell up. Nothing will improve until they're gone. That's fairly obvious, sad as it is.

You can argue about team selections, tactics, sacking the manager till you're blue in the face but it's the incompetence of the owners that's led Saints up this embarrassing cul-de-sac.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 15:59 - Sep 25 with 2339 viewsSaintNick

As you and others keep telling us, they are only interested in buying and selling player to make money, they arent interested in selling replica shirts, winning games of football or the fans.

If this is the case then they don't need us at games and buying replica shirts, they can keep buying and selling players without us, its that simple.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 16:01 - Sep 25 with 2336 viewsgrumpy

Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 15:59 - Sep 25 by SaintNick

As you and others keep telling us, they are only interested in buying and selling player to make money, they arent interested in selling replica shirts, winning games of football or the fans.

If this is the case then they don't need us at games and buying replica shirts, they can keep buying and selling players without us, its that simple.

What happens when nobody wants to buy our players?
Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 17:36 - Sep 25 with 2233 viewsI_would

Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 15:59 - Sep 25 by SaintNick

Are you trying to tell me, Nick, that if there were a couple of thousand die-hard extremely hopeful fans on televised games in the ground that the owners would do nothing different and take no notice?

Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 21:15 - Sep 25 with 2080 viewsSaintNick

Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 17:36 - Sep 25 by I_would

Are you trying to tell me, Nick, that if there were a couple of thousand die-hard extremely hopeful fans on televised games in the ground that the owners would do nothing different and take no notice?

Im not trying to tell you that, I am just saying that if the owners are merely trying to make money out of transfers as many our claiming on social media, then it doesn't matter to them if the stadium is empty of not.

20,000 replica shirts sold at a profit of say £400k is a drop in the ocean if you can but a player for £10 million and sell him for £58 million.

If you believe that the owners are truly only interested in making profit from player sales then this would be logical.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 12:25 - Sep 26 with 1864 viewsI_would

Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 21:15 - Sep 25 by SaintNick

Im not trying to tell you that, I am just saying that if the owners are merely trying to make money out of transfers as many our claiming on social media, then it doesn't matter to them if the stadium is empty of not.

20,000 replica shirts sold at a profit of say £400k is a drop in the ocean if you can but a player for £10 million and sell him for £58 million.

If you believe that the owners are truly only interested in making profit from player sales then this would be logical.

I take you point about the merchandise but the embarrassment of a near empty ground would put the spotlight firmly on them. RM is obviously clueless but SR could not be trusted to make a decent replacement to fend off relegation.

What do you think SR's MO will be if nobody wants to buy our players in Jan?

Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 12:40 - Sep 26 with 1841 viewssaints__fan__73

Sports Republic aren't good at making money buying and selling players.

Two of the 3 main sales of the Summer were not bought by them and the rest was just to pay the bills of the useless players they did buy.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 17:59 - Sep 26 with 1725 viewssaint901

I get the frustration but the reality is that a boycott of sufficient proportion and of sufficient length of time would be impossible to achieve.

We are averaging high 20,000's and to convince 27k of people to stay away and not buy merch is just not going to happen.

Other clubs with ownership issues have had protests outside the ground and inside after matches and have organised a campaign in which the media - in all its forms - is energised to repeat the message that the owners need to leave.

I can't name one owner who was "shamed" into selling a club and walking away. These people are driven by financial plans and spreadsheets and don't give a flying cuss about mugs who turn up and pay to watch - or not.

The money these days is in TV and that is a contract signed and agreed by the league and each club has a guaranteed minimum. If there are no fans to watch (remember lockdown?) the TV doesn't care either.

A campaign of the size required to persuade people to stay away, protest, write to the Echo etc needs commitment and time from a team of perhaps 20 core post holders and 10x that in helpers. That is a big ask.
Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 08:45 - Sep 27 with 1569 viewsarfurdent

Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 17:59 - Sep 26 by saint901

I get the frustration but the reality is that a boycott of sufficient proportion and of sufficient length of time would be impossible to achieve.

We are averaging high 20,000's and to convince 27k of people to stay away and not buy merch is just not going to happen.

Other clubs with ownership issues have had protests outside the ground and inside after matches and have organised a campaign in which the media - in all its forms - is energised to repeat the message that the owners need to leave.

I can't name one owner who was "shamed" into selling a club and walking away. These people are driven by financial plans and spreadsheets and don't give a flying cuss about mugs who turn up and pay to watch - or not.

The money these days is in TV and that is a contract signed and agreed by the league and each club has a guaranteed minimum. If there are no fans to watch (remember lockdown?) the TV doesn't care either.

A campaign of the size required to persuade people to stay away, protest, write to the Echo etc needs commitment and time from a team of perhaps 20 core post holders and 10x that in helpers. That is a big ask.

could always ask the playing staff to help they seem to be doing not a lot

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Login to get fewer ads

Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 08:58 - Sep 27 with 1545 viewsDELLBOY11

The simple answer we cannot improve until we get a new manager and a new midfield and two good big strong aggressive centre backs.
Our midfield is our main problem, not the only problem but the main problem. They are just not good enough strong enough and not tall enough and with no pace or creativity. They dont support the forwards and do not protect a poor back four. Every game this season we get overrun in midfield and that is a fact and a very important fact. When i look at Downes and Smallbones, what do they actually offer..... Nothing
Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 09:29 - Sep 27 with 1522 viewsdirk_doone

Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 12:40 - Sep 26 by saints__fan__73

Sports Republic aren't good at making money buying and selling players.

Two of the 3 main sales of the Summer were not bought by them and the rest was just to pay the bills of the useless players they did buy.

Yes, they've sold just about everyone who was any good and brought in a load of dross. What have the players bought in the last transfer window done to improve the team? Absolutely nothing, and they're going to be difficult to shift too, although at least the loanees can be sent back at the end of the season.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2023 9:30]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 09:29 - Sep 27 with 1522 viewsNumber_58

Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 17:36 - Sep 25 by I_would

Why should we listen to anything you say? You were the muppet who relentlessly claimed everything would be fine when 'joggy joggy' left because he was apparently the source of all our problems. How's that going?
Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 09:43 - Sep 27 with 1501 viewsI_would

Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 09:29 - Sep 27 by Number_58

Why should we listen to anything you say? You were the muppet who relentlessly claimed everything would be fine when 'joggy joggy' left because he was apparently the source of all our problems. How's that going?

And you're the muppet that hasn't noticed that, apart from Joggy, all our best players went at the same time. Maybe that's why we're in the shite, as well as having another clown manager.

Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 12:44 - Sep 27 with 1430 viewsMattFinish

Everyone is wondering how we improve the dire situation we're in. on 21:15 - Sep 25 by SaintNick

I've got to agree with Nick

Let's be honest if your only interest is to make money you wouldn't buy a football club
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024