Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom trouble 10:35 - Jan 29 with 2023 viewsSonicBoom

Anyone think there was a bit of an over exaggerated reaction?
Apparently there were only 6 arrests and one guy who got bonked on the head.
Maybe cos I'm older and lived through the 80's I'm less sensitive about these things but that stuff used to happen all the time, and much worse.
West Brom trouble on 11:14 - Jan 29 with 1974 viewsgrumpy

The 70/80s were much worse,there was that sort of disturbance most weekends.
Its just a shock when we see it now with the all seater stadiums, its a blast from the past.
West Brom trouble on 11:15 - Jan 29 with 1965 viewsSaintNick

West Brom trouble on 11:14 - Jan 29 by grumpy

The 70/80s were much worse,there was that sort of disturbance most weekends.
Its just a shock when we see it now with the all seater stadiums, its a blast from the past.

I think the TV said they didnt show the worst of the trouble

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

West Brom trouble on 12:06 - Jan 29 with 1913 viewskingolaf

A few crappy films and YouTube channels glorifying hooliganism in the 80s, and a load of these idiots think they’re Danny Dyer. Idiots, the whole lot of them.
I’m in the 80s generation and have a lot of mates who were in that scene. It doesn’t impress me, never has and never will.
These people involved yesterday should be banned from football for life. Take your moody Stone-Island somewhere else. Football doesn’t want you.
West Brom trouble on 12:16 - Jan 29 with 1896 viewsIfonly

Much like scenes from the 70s/80s but I think the key thing is that it spilled on to the pitch so the game did have to be stopped. Apparently people started running on the pitch from 3 sides and there weren't enough police/stewards. Then there was a long delay because regulations require paramedics to be available, but they weren't because they were treating injuries from the ruck (from a few images there did appear to be a lot of blood - it was more than just a few showy punches). So, I don't think any over reaction.
West Brom trouble on 12:51 - Jan 29 with 1844 viewsUTS1885

It was a total overeaction and started from just one wolves fan celebrating a goal in the home end. That area then attacked him and fans rushed forwards towards the police. Bearing in mind how these fans despise each other. I was very surprised to see that they sold tickets right up to the corner of the away section, where the wolves fans were located.

Matterface talking out of his arse and just another classic case of the media hyping it all up.
West Brom trouble on 18:12 - Jan 29 with 1627 viewsgrumpy

They would have thought World War 3 had broken out if they had been at Highbury for the Semi Final against Everton.
West Brom trouble on 20:37 - Jan 29 with 1505 viewsdarthvader

West Brom trouble on 18:12 - Jan 29 by grumpy

They would have thought World War 3 had broken out if they had been at Highbury for the Semi Final against Everton.

I wasnt there but i hear it was a bit juicy .. ?

keep the faith coyr

West Brom trouble on 21:14 - Jan 29 with 1459 viewsgrumpy

West Brom trouble on 20:37 - Jan 29 by darthvader

I wasnt there but i hear it was a bit juicy .. ?

Login to get fewer ads

West Brom trouble on 22:40 - Jan 29 with 1367 viewscocklebreath

Bigger fight in the Kingsland last season V Newcastle. Over reaction

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

West Brom trouble on 23:16 - Jan 29 with 1329 viewsLondonSaint76

West Brom trouble on 18:12 - Jan 29 by grumpy

Or a few Portsmouth v Saints games...

Millwall at Luton? Actually, 80's Millwall period...

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

West Brom trouble on 09:48 - Jan 30 with 1181 viewsSouthamptonfan

It was mostly caused by away fans getting in the home end and celebrating the second goal. Most trouble we have had at St Mary's has been because of this too. Not so much this year in the Championship but PL teams have a lot of disrespectful idiot fans. The authorities are far too sloppy with this and should tighten this up.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

West Brom trouble on 14:01 - Jan 30 with 1039 viewshedgeend61

West Brom trouble on 09:48 - Jan 30 by Southamptonfan

It was mostly caused by away fans getting in the home end and celebrating the second goal. Most trouble we have had at St Mary's has been because of this too. Not so much this year in the Championship but PL teams have a lot of disrespectful idiot fans. The authorities are far too sloppy with this and should tighten this up.

Apparently this absolute goon of a Wolves fan (only one) decided it was a good idea to open his jacket and show off his gold shirt after the second goal at the West Brom
end/ corner (the other end from the Wolves fans)

This was a family (as seen by WBA players pulling their kids out)/corporate area, so his ticket would have come from a player? or someone within the club, not a WBA fan as only ST and members could buy them. What did this braindead think would happen, a handshake?
Then it all kicked off the other end, though the police numbers seemed insufficient for a game like that.
Probably were a few other Wolves fans dotted round in home areas, but they knew the score, keep quiet. I went in the North Bank Upton Pk for the 3-3 mid 90's as couldn't get a ticket from Saints and their terrace was pay on the gate, not a time to be brave or stupid, just keep quiet.
West Brom trouble on 14:15 - Jan 30 with 1025 viewsSaintNick

West Brom trouble on 14:01 - Jan 30 by hedgeend61

Apparently this absolute goon of a Wolves fan (only one) decided it was a good idea to open his jacket and show off his gold shirt after the second goal at the West Brom

This was a family (as seen by WBA players pulling their kids out)/corporate area, so his ticket would have come from a player? or someone within the club, not a WBA fan as only ST and members could buy them. What did this braindead think would happen, a handshake?
Then it all kicked off the other end, though the police numbers seemed insufficient for a game like that.
Probably were a few other Wolves fans dotted round in home areas, but they knew the score, keep quiet. I went in the North Bank Upton Pk for the 3-3 mid 90's as couldn't get a ticket from Saints and their terrace was pay on the gate, not a time to be brave or stupid, just keep quiet.

Up to about 10 years ago it was quite common to be able to buy tickets in the home ends and as you say most knew the score, be respectful and keep quiet, loads of people did it in our two years in League one and then our promotion season

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

West Brom trouble on 15:08 - Jan 30 with 978 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

West Brom trouble on 14:01 - Jan 30 by hedgeend61

The guy was plain stupid starting that in the family section, have some respect for those that want to be quiet with, er, families ... maybe he thought no one would hit him there.

But the OTT media reaction was silly. "Not showing disgraceful images" blah blah blah, yet before the match they were dribbling on about fierce rivalries and so on. Can't have it both ways.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

West Brom trouble on 17:52 - Jan 30 with 897 viewsgrumpy

The worst trouble I have ever seen at a Saints game was when Chelsea visited us during the skinhead era,there were thousands of them looking for trouble.
Riot police called out,bedlam after the game.
West Brom trouble on 18:23 - Jan 30 with 848 viewsBridders2

West Brom trouble on 21:14 - Jan 29 by grumpy

I was on the open terrace you can see at the beginning, the front of the terrace was about 5 ft below the pitch so you had to climb out, there was a line of police clubbing the Saints fans with their truncheons as they came up, but they couldn't stop the tide. That was a full on pitch punch-up.

It's nice to go to a football game these days without all that b*locks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024