Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post War Rochdale FC match programmes 14:18 - Apr 9 with 1152 viewsDaleView

I am trying to locate someone who has access to Rochdale FC programmes dated between 1946 - 1951. What I am trying to locate is the date when my father Walter R Commins became the secretary of the club. In these old programmes, the was always a list of Club officials. I would be grateful for any help fellow supporters can offer.
Post War Rochdale FC match programmes on 14:44 - Apr 9 with 1084 viewsdale1968

PM Sent

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Post War Rochdale FC match programmes on 09:57 - Apr 10 with 818 viewspioneer

DId dale68 sort you out OK?

If not let me know and I'll go through my records when I get home at the weekend
Post War Rochdale FC match programmes on 10:03 - Apr 10 with 808 viewsdale1968

I did get a text back and will try to assist but if you have any info as well that would be great...2 heads and all that

Post War Rochdale FC match programmes on 15:23 - Apr 11 with 491 viewsdale1968

Walter Commins was appointed Club secretary in the summer of 1946, prior to the first full post-war season of 1946/7.
He continued in this position until February 1968 when, after an office re-organisation, assistant manager, Len Richley, took over the secretarial role to enable the manager, Bob Stokoe, to fully concentrate on team duties. Walter continued to work in the office until the end of the season when he retired "after almost thirty years of loyal service." To quote the Club programme.
His name last appeared in the programme of 24th February 1968.against Exeter.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024