Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. 09:35 - Nov 11 with 1478 viewspomanjou

Those who wanted it, did it wor?

If not, was the reason the great satan Hughes?

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 09:49 - Nov 11 with 1432 viewsWatford_Ranger

It would have worked if they were all playing in the right position i.e. Faurlin behind the others in a 4-3-3. Playing Granero on the right in a 4-4-1-1 was a bit pointless.
Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 11:36 - Nov 11 with 1288 viewsNov77

I'm a big fan of Faurlin but he doesn't look fit to me, two yards off the pace yesterday. disappointing as I think those three should be the basis of our midfield.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 11:47 - Nov 11 with 1265 viewsClive_Anderson

No one expects us to win every game with those three in midfield, just it improves our chances by playing the best players.

Should stick with that midfield for 3-4 games to see how it does.
Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 12:02 - Nov 11 with 1236 viewsnadera78

Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 11:36 - Nov 11 by Nov77

I'm a big fan of Faurlin but he doesn't look fit to me, two yards off the pace yesterday. disappointing as I think those three should be the basis of our midfield.

After nine months out Faurlin came back in and was our best player, only to be dropped and left to rot for the past month. There aren't even any reserve team games for him to play in. No wonder he looked off the pace.

That said, most of the calls were for him and Diakite to play deep together with Granero one of three further forward supporting the man up top.
Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 12:39 - Nov 11 with 1197 viewsdaveB

playing Granero as a winger was incredible
Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 12:54 - Nov 11 with 1163 viewscarrotcrunch_R

We only have 2 strikers to pick and they are both sadly off form last week I was saying cisse has to start every time I would try Jamie mackie up there with him . We need goals badly. We could lose a defender (won't make much difference lol) and keep 5 in the middle
Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 13:14 - Nov 11 with 1124 viewsAGEREPC01

Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 12:54 - Nov 11 by carrotcrunch_R

We only have 2 strikers to pick and they are both sadly off form last week I was saying cisse has to start every time I would try Jamie mackie up there with him . We need goals badly. We could lose a defender (won't make much difference lol) and keep 5 in the middle

I think Jamie has to be up there as an alternate to Zamora.

stainrod81

Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 13:55 - Nov 11 with 1071 viewsPey

I wanted those three in the middle and i still stand by it, for the first time in 4 games we didn't get overrun in the midfield.

Login to get fewer ads

Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 14:08 - Nov 11 with 1054 viewsRBlock

It was difficult though because we seemed to play Granero on the right. He isn't a winger though and was not playing wide enough, getting sucked inside. It meant we had to rely on Bosingwa for nearly all our attacks down the right flank. Had Hoillet played on the right and Tarbs on the left with a license to roam i think we would have been better.
Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 14:12 - Nov 11 with 1041 viewsJHoop

Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 14:08 - Nov 11 by RBlock

It was difficult though because we seemed to play Granero on the right. He isn't a winger though and was not playing wide enough, getting sucked inside. It meant we had to rely on Bosingwa for nearly all our attacks down the right flank. Had Hoillet played on the right and Tarbs on the left with a license to roam i think we would have been better.

We had to rely on Bosingwa for all our attacks and on the odd occasion he was in a position to cross, there was nobody in the box.
Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 14:13 - Nov 11 with 1036 viewssevenhoop

Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 14:08 - Nov 11 by RBlock

the three of them should have played narrower, with one of them(probably Graneo) playing further upfield. I agree,playing Grnero wide was competely pointless. Thought we looked much better with Faurlin in.
Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 16:27 - Nov 11 with 946 viewsderbyhoop

Granero started OK but in the last 20 minutes was continually bullied. It was as if Stoke set out to kick him out of the game and Atkinson let them get away with it.

I know the coaching staff are trying to ensure Diakite is more disciplined and, despite the yellow card, he was. But the driving forward runs were missing yesterday. Faurlin was slightly off the pace and Hoilett got nothing out of Wilkinson, second half. I actually thought Wilkinson was Stoke's best player.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 17:41 - Nov 11 with 867 viewsBirminghamR

Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 09:49 - Nov 11 by Watford_Ranger

It would have worked if they were all playing in the right position i.e. Faurlin behind the others in a 4-3-3. Playing Granero on the right in a 4-4-1-1 was a bit pointless.

Yes - we were not over run in mid.
Play a narrow midfieled 3 - perhaps Granero most forward of the 3
Then Taarabt and Hoilett roaming wide left and right with Cisse in centre.
This does need one or more of the 3 mid players to chance it in the box though - which I don't often see.
Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 21:10 - Nov 11 with 722 viewsHAYESBOY

Like to see a 4-2-3-1.

Cesar
Bosingwa Nelson Mbia Traore
Diakite Faurlin
Hoilet Granero Taarabt
Cisse

That was not our formation yesterday

Smells like a trout farm in here

Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 21:55 - Nov 11 with 675 viewsbaz_qpr

Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 21:10 - Nov 11 by HAYESBOY

Like to see a 4-2-3-1.

Cesar
Bosingwa Nelson Mbia Traore
Diakite Faurlin
Hoilet Granero Taarabt
Cisse

That was not our formation yesterday

The amount of times that team in that formation has been posted on here and yet sadly we are still to see it
Diakite, Granero, Faurlin. on 23:05 - Nov 11 with 633 viewsRBlock

We seemed to play:
-----Cesar-----
JB--AF--RN--ATr
--EG---SD-AF---
--------AT-----JH
--------DC--------

Honestly what was Mark Hughes thinking?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024