Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. 17:11 - Dec 15 with 7263 viewssweetcorn

This board will be hell on earth tonight.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:31 - Dec 15 with 1140 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 19:40 - Dec 15 by sweetcorn

Please tell me the similarities between this season and last, apart from the time of year.

Very few, as I remember enjoying the Yoevil match which was to be Eyre's last. We played well and was unlucky not to win having hit the woodwork 4 times. We have probably only played better at home 3 times in the 11 months JC has been here.

Coleman bettered the position when Eyre left by one place initially, but ultimately finished two places worse off than when Eyre left.

We have dropped 18 places under JC with a further drop quite possible!

If Aldershot can suss out that we play narrow and that all you have to do is have two players ready to receive the ball wide, break and play round us, so will everyone else!

Eyre's problem was that he had a new plan every week, Coleman goes every week without a having a new plan!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:31 - Dec 15 with 1136 viewsBobbyjoe

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:21 - Dec 15 by judd

It wasn't hasty, it was 6 weeks too late.

Judd, this is a rare issue on which you and I don't agree. I understand your objections to him, but with hindsight (and even with foresight), nothing would have been lost by giving him a season-and-a-bit to see if he could have made a fist of it, then we could have made a reasonable judgement, and there would be more support for the present incumbent.
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:35 - Dec 15 with 1124 viewsjudd

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:31 - Dec 15 by Bobbyjoe

Judd, this is a rare issue on which you and I don't agree. I understand your objections to him, but with hindsight (and even with foresight), nothing would have been lost by giving him a season-and-a-bit to see if he could have made a fist of it, then we could have made a reasonable judgement, and there would be more support for the present incumbent.

I'm pretty sure I told you what I knew just after he was appointed when we met - he was completely and dangerously out of his depth.

After the gross error in appointing him, the next one was not relieving him of his duties after the FA Cup game at Bradford.

I'm not advocating sacking JC and never have, but I'm seriously pissed off with what we are expected to tolerate this season.

Poll: What is it to be then?

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:39 - Dec 15 with 1109 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:35 - Dec 15 by judd

I'm pretty sure I told you what I knew just after he was appointed when we met - he was completely and dangerously out of his depth.

After the gross error in appointing him, the next one was not relieving him of his duties after the FA Cup game at Bradford.

I'm not advocating sacking JC and never have, but I'm seriously pissed off with what we are expected to tolerate this season.

Please tell us more Judd?

Was the Hilcroft defeat against FCUM not far worse then Bratfurt?

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:43 - Dec 15 with 1098 views442Dale

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:39 - Dec 15 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Of course it wasn't because that was a one off result in a cup match against the back-drop of being a well managed and talented side. The players knew their roles within the team and the squad - they completely underperformed in one game.

Against Bradford it was the pinnacle of a run of games where the team looked bereft of ideas, tactical awareness and above all, any real fight. It was almost as if we accepted Bradford's late goal as inevitable.

At least against FC we had come back from two goals while playing poorly, the players never looked like they expected to lose the game...leven if they should because we always did under Hill in the cup.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:45 - Dec 15 with 1065 viewssandylaner1

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:39 - Dec 15 by SteTsGoldenBoot

their 3rd goal should not have stood

bradford was horrible, eyre should have gone after that
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 21:09 - Dec 15 with 1030 viewsjudd

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:45 - Dec 15 by sandylaner1

their 3rd goal should not have stood

bradford was horrible, eyre should have gone after that

As the previous posts said.

Poll: What is it to be then?

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 21:14 - Dec 15 with 1015 viewsGizzaNosh

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 21:09 - Dec 15 by judd

As the previous posts said.

I agree Eyre should have gone after the Bradford game too. As the previous posts to your previous post said.
Login to get fewer ads

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 21:23 - Dec 15 with 991 viewssweetcorn

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:24 - Dec 15 by dale10

just a point we wernt in the relagation zone when eyre was sacked

Yes we was.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16250270
Please read that article and simmer down.

And GizzaNosh, although you are correct in stating that if we went off budgets we were certain to be relegated and that you could apply the same logic and be happy that we were matching expectations.

However there are a few differences between the Eyre situation and the one we find ourselves in now with Coleman. First and foremost when eyre took over we had a team which had been together for a while and had proven itself at league one level, albeit without its leading stars Dawson and O'grady and the very replaceable Wiseman and Done. Eyre committed a footballing crime by attempting to replace Dawson with the once highly rated Neal Trotman (and we all know how that worked out) and decided not to bother replacing our main attacking outlet in Chris O'grady as he hadn't quite found the player which he wanted to spend our (for our club) large budget on. This instantly showed eyres niavety and inability to recruit and manage at this level as he felt the team could survive when the spine of its team had been ripped out.

Secondly when eyre was sacked we hadn't shown an ability to put a run of results together to get us out of the mess we had found ourselves in, unlike Coleman's team who have already shown this season with the 7 game unbeaten run that they can string together some good results.

And finally and probably most importantly, when Eyre was in charge there was always the feeling that there were better managers out there, who were realistically within our reach, who could handle our shoe string budget and build a team capable of competing (John Coleman being one of those), whereas right now, if we do sack Coleman, who would you suggest replacing him with, who is not only experienced in league two, but also has previous evidence of being able to build a team from the ground up on virtually no budget. I personally can't think of one and if you can, then by all means post a suggestion. So for the time being, in my opinion, JC remains the right man to try to take Dale forward.

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 21:23 - Dec 15 with 991 viewssweetcorn

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:24 - Dec 15 by dale10

just a point we wernt in the relagation zone when eyre was sacked

Edit: Double post.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 21:26 - Dec 15 with 978 viewssweetcorn

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 20:03 - Dec 15 by phomem

League position

We are mid-table (be it the division below) under coleman, We were 22nd when eyre departed i.e relegation zone.

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 21:31 - Dec 15 with 963 viewsGizzaNosh

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 21:23 - Dec 15 by sweetcorn

Yes we was.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16250270
Please read that article and simmer down.

And GizzaNosh, although you are correct in stating that if we went off budgets we were certain to be relegated and that you could apply the same logic and be happy that we were matching expectations.

However there are a few differences between the Eyre situation and the one we find ourselves in now with Coleman. First and foremost when eyre took over we had a team which had been together for a while and had proven itself at league one level, albeit without its leading stars Dawson and O'grady and the very replaceable Wiseman and Done. Eyre committed a footballing crime by attempting to replace Dawson with the once highly rated Neal Trotman (and we all know how that worked out) and decided not to bother replacing our main attacking outlet in Chris O'grady as he hadn't quite found the player which he wanted to spend our (for our club) large budget on. This instantly showed eyres niavety and inability to recruit and manage at this level as he felt the team could survive when the spine of its team had been ripped out.

Secondly when eyre was sacked we hadn't shown an ability to put a run of results together to get us out of the mess we had found ourselves in, unlike Coleman's team who have already shown this season with the 7 game unbeaten run that they can string together some good results.

And finally and probably most importantly, when Eyre was in charge there was always the feeling that there were better managers out there, who were realistically within our reach, who could handle our shoe string budget and build a team capable of competing (John Coleman being one of those), whereas right now, if we do sack Coleman, who would you suggest replacing him with, who is not only experienced in league two, but also has previous evidence of being able to build a team from the ground up on virtually no budget. I personally can't think of one and if you can, then by all means post a suggestion. So for the time being, in my opinion, JC remains the right man to try to take Dale forward.

Just playing Devils Advocate as I said.

Saying that though, O'Grady and Dawson were both Beyonces as far as I'm concerned and were the backbone of the team.

Fon Williams was a solid keeper and was also got rid of. Kean was highly rated but it just didn't work out (starting for Blackburn now).

Trotman was a good signing on paper and it just didn't work out (was rightly shipped out for Holden who was average at best granted).

Wiseman was tough to replace too, questionable defensively perhaps but going forward like I've not seen many better.

Has Coleman been as unlucky? He's brought tried and tested players in (in his eyes) and they haven't delivered.

Once again, devil's advocate
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 22:34 - Dec 15 with 896 viewspl56

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 17:29 - Dec 15 by firgrovedale51

Yes and including at least 2 players who are not good enough Crainey and Cavanagh.Like you say most of the players he knows yet he still fetched this rubbish to our club.

I still don't understand how we still have non-contract players at the club (Crainey) half way through the season - its NW Counties mentality , a few decent contracted players , and pad out the rest with non-contract rubbish .
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 23:00 - Dec 15 with 870 viewsMasher

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 17:25 - Dec 15 by sweetcorn

No it's not, but its perfectly viable. We have signed a whole new team on a small budget. We have no right to win and have a small fanbase and are probably in the bottom 4 in terms of the budget for this season. We are overachieving even being 15th in my opinion, when we were a top side in this division and near the play-offs in league one, it was verging on a miracle.

We cannot realistically afford to sack JC and i only feel this would regress us further, most of the players he has signed are ones who are players who have played under him for a while and have come simply for this fact. pulling the trigger on JC could see a dressing room revolt and see us drop dramatically into a relegation battle.

Let this season run its course and assess at the end of the season. What people need to remember is we were missing 2 of our best players today with Grant and Gornell missing.

REALISM IS THE KEY.

The fact that Grant and Gornell were missing holds no water. We cannot afford to keep conceding 3 or 4 goals a game. even on the previous games when they have been present we still have been beaten

Up The Dale!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024