Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Performance today 18:19 - Dec 14 with 1820 viewsTomRAFC

Three mini games in one.

First half they completely stopped us playing. We came out of the traps well at the start of the second half but had an almost Alan Buckley like fear of shooting. Soon the lads got frustrated and took to hoof ball which was never going to work 1. In that wind and 2. Without a striker.

We can't keep just passing it back to Lillis. There were times when we almost had the ball on the halfway line and it was rolled back to him.

Rhys Bennett is not a right back.

We missed Lund but would sooner have seen him replaced with Allen than Tutte. Tutte was very poor and doesn't seem to excel at any one thing.

I think I saw Vincenti cover ever role on the park today. Surprised he didn't go in net for the penalty. Another good game from the big man and was our best attacking out look in the second half.

Quietest game I have ever seen from Hendo.

Molyneux just doesn't look match fit.

Hogan can't pick and choose when he is envolved. He needs at least try when the ball is in the air (bar one good effort in the second half) and stop falling over so easily. Would have liked to see him try and work a bit more magic in the second half.

Bunney looked lively as he always does when he comes on and deserves more game time.

Two main things jumped out at me today.

1. We need a striker. A proper striker. A big lad with a decent record who can do a job.

2. We were totally static going forward. Players who should have just been arriving and running when they got the ball were stood stone still which completely stopped us playing our usual flowing game.

Fair play to fleetwood who were a decent side. They didn't play much of their own football but they certainly stopped us playing ours.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Performance today on 18:29 - Dec 14 with 1785 viewsmacro

Poor game hampered by the weather

We look better with raff at right back
Dicker poor we missed Lund
Never thought I'd say this but we miss Donnelly

Donnelly up front hogan and Henderson on the flanks is better
Performance today on 18:59 - Dec 14 with 1706 viewssandylaner1

agree with most of your points

though thought bennett did well enough today, definitely shouldn't be singled out as a poor performance

hendo MOM???? personally would have given it to eastham or vincenti but hendo just couldn't get going in any position today
Performance today on 19:32 - Dec 14 with 1644 viewsrochdale1987

Agree on tutte, sometimes I feel like the only person who doesn't rate him, our win record with him in the side is poor, he scores a few worldys now and again but I feel like I'm watching a headless chicken at times. Overall though we aren't good enough defensively at the moment, and we can't seem to find at end product up the other end of the pitch, hopefully we can get 3 points next week but it will be tough!
Performance today on 19:57 - Dec 14 with 1582 viewsdale10

Performance today on 18:29 - Dec 14 by macro

Poor game hampered by the weather

We look better with raff at right back
Dicker poor we missed Lund
Never thought I'd say this but we miss Donnelly

Donnelly up front hogan and Henderson on the flanks is better

dicker poor really?
Performance today on 20:00 - Dec 14 with 1568 viewsD_Alien

Performance today on 19:57 - Dec 14 by dale10

dicker poor really?

Yes, without any question.

Plodding, doesn't look up before passing, no bite in the tackle. Not good enough.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Performance today on 20:04 - Dec 14 with 1551 viewsroccydaleian

Performance today on 20:00 - Dec 14 by D_Alien

Yes, without any question.

Plodding, doesn't look up before passing, no bite in the tackle. Not good enough.

We where shit. End of, get over it, dust down and carry on Up The Dale.
Performance today on 20:06 - Dec 14 with 1540 viewsD_Alien

Performance today on 20:04 - Dec 14 by roccydaleian

We where shit. End of, get over it, dust down and carry on Up The Dale.

Nowt wrong with being shit roccy, but I'd prefer rapid-fire diarrhoea to turgid hard stools

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Performance today on 20:19 - Dec 14 with 1508 viewsroccydaleian

Performance today on 20:06 - Dec 14 by D_Alien

Nowt wrong with being shit roccy, but I'd prefer rapid-fire diarrhoea to turgid hard stools

Typical Health Service answer answer. You do know my wife is a nurse ?
Login to get fewer ads

Performance today on 20:21 - Dec 14 with 1499 viewsTVOS1907

Performance today on 20:19 - Dec 14 by roccydaleian

Typical Health Service answer answer. You do know my wife is a nurse ?

We all do.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Performance today on 20:26 - Dec 14 with 1481 viewsrobbowood

I agree with virtually all that
Hogan seems to have lost his sharpness since he came back from injury. Lund was badly missed and Fleetwood's midfield was on top for a lot of the game. We gave the ball away too often.
Neither goalie had any difficult saves to make but if anybody was going to score it was most likely them. I would gladly have settled for a point at half-time and was a bit surprised when we did equalise
Molyneaux didn't seem to improve matters when he came on and I saw nothing to suggest he will add anything - he seems to be similar to Tutte and Done
We are lightweight up front and Donnelly cannot come back quickly enough for me
We seem to be playing with one up front at times and Hogan isn't the one for such a role
I am baffled why Rafferty isn't playing as he has put in some excellent performances recently with some great crosses especially at home
The worry is that we never opened up their defence today and were going backwards and sideways even when we had a good breakaway going
The good news is though we are still only four points off the top despite losing 3 out of our last 4 home games
Performance today on 21:18 - Dec 14 with 1403 viewsToffeemanc

Performance today on 19:32 - Dec 14 by rochdale1987

Agree on tutte, sometimes I feel like the only person who doesn't rate him, our win record with him in the side is poor, he scores a few worldys now and again but I feel like I'm watching a headless chicken at times. Overall though we aren't good enough defensively at the moment, and we can't seem to find at end product up the other end of the pitch, hopefully we can get 3 points next week but it will be tough!

You're not alone, Tutte is the most overrated player at the club. He is only good enough for a place on the bench at best. He has the odd good game and everyone raves about it, but more typical is the type of performance he put in today. Always seems to go missing in big games, and for me if you are playing centrally in midfield then you have to be a good tackler which Tutte is'nt not. Add to this the slowing down of attacks and constant square and backward passes and I just don't see how we benefit from having him in the team. A midfield two including Tutte is like playing with a man short as his partner will spend 90 minutes covering for him. He should have been released in the summer and I still think the decision to give him a 2 year deal was a big mistake.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Performance today on 21:30 - Dec 14 with 1380 viewsSaxonDale

Poor game and not one which will be remembered this time next year. To me it looked like it was heading towards a draw and then they bought on Brown who looked the best player on the pitch, Molynuex failed to have the same impact.

I think Vincenti put in a good shift and provided a decent enough outlet, however on days like today when the conditions are poor and the midfield are struggling it highlights the need for a proper forward.

The club needs to get back in the habit of keeping clean sheets, we'll struggle to be successful if we're having to score 2 or 3 every game.
Performance today on 17:03 - Dec 15 with 1101 viewskirbys

Some interesting comments on yesterday, but no emphasis on the players unable to play or given a strategic week off e.g. Lancashire. Yesterday was a bit like a makeshift team who were not familiar with one another enough to trouble Fleetwood.
Hill did try a few new permutations, pushing Ian Henderson inside with hogan and allowing Vincenti to gallop around his space. The combination of Hogan and Henderson was not helped by long balls to the two shortest players on the pitch almost and effectively giving possession back straight away. Until they bagged the winner, which by the way was via another play acting free kick won by the blatant gamesmanship of Fleetwood and encouraged by a toothless ref who had a very poor game, Dales shape was causing them a lot of trouble and they were no threat for 30 mins of the 2nd half. The goal re-energised them and they held onto their lead quite comfortably.
I don't go overboard in criticising dale yesterday like some on this post but the tactics didn't quite come off.
Plus points, an outstanding performance by Vincenti, solid game by Bennet and lets not forget Lillis who was solid enough. Credit Dales fitness once more they really do keep going 90 mins.
Worries - Hogan had a forgettable first half, did scramble a goal, but is currently struggling to have any real impact and couldn't put his head on an airship, he needs a partner. Midfield centrally was outplayed and made it hard work for our defense.
Work in progress yes and on another day Fleetwood would have been denied both goals for gamesmanship, I hope they don't get promotion on the back of that performance which despite Alexanders comments on radio "we controlled the match from start to finish against a good footballing side", did nothing to raise the pre Christmas spirit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024