Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hello Again 13:46 - Feb 23 with 2067 viewsMark44stfc

Good Afternoon Rochdale fans.....

Just wanted to congratulate you on your cup run so far and so glad you got a trip to Wembley......that will be awesome.

Perhaps those in the know should contact us at Slough and use our pitch as a training ground being circa 15 miles from Wembley :)

Really hope you guys can stay up too, seems a shame to have all glory in the cups but to have that forgotten so quickly by failure in the bread and butter competition. We are in a bit of a sticky situation ourselves with the cup run......we now have 19 games to play with only 9 Saturday's until the end of the season so we are really feeling the effect of our cup run
Hello Again on 15:15 - Feb 23 with 1868 viewsBendy

Thank you. I had seen somewhere about all your games and it seems silly. That said, I think your situation is more something needs than be looked at by the FA as it seems to happen every season. There’s always at least one club which makes it through qualifying and into the first couple of the FA Cup and follows that up with a decent run in the FA Vase or Trophy (depending on their level), and you don’t even need to get very far for the games to start mounting. Add to that the league cups that exist and even the local county cups which non-league sides take more seriously as first team games unlike league teams like Dale who will play youth and fringe players in both the Lancashire and Manchester FAs’s Senior Cups. These clubs always then seem to be penalised for their successes as they invariably end up with fixture chaos at this stage of the season. Add to that the inclement weather which can cause havoc in the lower leagues, and even having an artificial pitch still leaves you at the mercy of away games being postponed, or indeed games being called off due to opponents still being involved in one of the numerous cups which take primacy over league games.

Then add all this into a season which is two weeks shorter than that in the Football League. Basically it is madness, clearly defined as it happens to at least one club year after year.

Anyway, good luck!
Hello Again on 16:46 - Feb 23 with 1656 viewsBigKindo

Up to and including next Wednesdays FA Cup replay Dale will have played a minimum of 60 matches this season.

League 46, FA Cup 7, Checkatrade 5 League Cup 2
Hello Again on 19:56 - Feb 23 with 1421 viewsNorthernDale

Mark you have a tough run in, especially when you are in the playoffs, so the 19 games in effectively 8 weeks could cost you a playoff spot, may I ask have you the squad to cope for such a run in.

Good luck for the run in and I hope you keep your play off spot and even win it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024