Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Window Activity 06:25 - Aug 9 with 3241 viewsrkershaw

With the window about to close do you think we might bring somebody in last minute??
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 6:28]
Transfer Window Activity on 07:33 - Aug 9 with 3164 viewsseasidedale

The window doesnt really affect us (unless we sell), you can still sign loan players until end of August. Seeing that we sigh players who are unattached then we can sign them anytime so would be suprised if anyone not fitting this criteria signs
Transfer Window Activity on 08:26 - Aug 9 with 3087 viewsfitzochris

The only area I can see being strengthened is the forward line and, only then, if the right type of forward is available.

Given we rarely pay a fee for a player when Keith Hill is manager, a loan would be my guess and that doesn't have to happen today.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Transfer Window Activity on 09:17 - Aug 9 with 2983 viewsColDale

Can we read anything into Hilly doing a video yesterday? He'll often do a video when there's been a signing, and it seemed a little OTT for him to do a video simply because Macc did a match report on a BCD game. Probably reading far too much into it but I wonder whether they did a longer video explaining a transfer, and cut a section on the Macc game for early release.
Transfer Window Activity on 09:21 - Aug 9 with 2974 viewsColDale

Peterborough have signed Ivan Toney. Good signing him, and always been a player that I thought would flourish under Hilly.
Transfer Window Activity on 09:22 - Aug 9 with 2973 viewsSuddenLad

Posh have just signed Ivan Toney for a substantial 6 figure fee from Newcastle on a 3-year deal. He'll be a handful on Saturday.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Transfer Window Activity on 09:55 - Aug 9 with 2893 viewsColDale

Transfer Window Activity on 09:17 - Aug 9 by ColDale

Can we read anything into Hilly doing a video yesterday? He'll often do a video when there's been a signing, and it seemed a little OTT for him to do a video simply because Macc did a match report on a BCD game. Probably reading far too much into it but I wonder whether they did a longer video explaining a transfer, and cut a section on the Macc game for early release.

Half right. They've put the pre-match video on a day early and the Macc video was a part of that.

Another good interview with Hilly. Talks about how he doesn't expect anyone to leave, the squad's in a great place, and Jamie Allen's transfer from last season.
Transfer Window Activity on 10:03 - Aug 9 with 2878 viewsBartRowou

I think we could easily accommodate the transfer of Camps if someone came in for him with an acceptable offer.

I see the Scottish macwindow doesn't close till the end of August so Dawson to Celtic looks like our last hope on that front.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Transfer Window Activity on 10:31 - Aug 9 with 2802 viewsfitzochris

Transfer Window Activity on 09:21 - Aug 9 by ColDale

Peterborough have signed Ivan Toney. Good signing him, and always been a player that I thought would flourish under Hilly.

Absolutely. Peterborough’s forward options are frightening.

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Window Activity on 10:33 - Aug 9 with 2786 viewsdeeplishblue

Transfer Window Activity on 10:31 - Aug 9 by fitzochris

Absolutely. Peterborough’s forward options are frightening.

I wonder if our expert man to man marker will be employed again on Saturday?

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Transfer Window Activity on 10:47 - Aug 9 with 2722 viewsdingdangblue

Transfer Window Activity on 09:22 - Aug 9 by SuddenLad

Posh have just signed Ivan Toney for a substantial 6 figure fee from Newcastle on a 3-year deal. He'll be a handful on Saturday.

Scored against Dale previously for both Scunthorpe and Shrewsbury.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Transfer Window Activity on 09:20 - Aug 10 with 2164 viewsColDale

Already a farce. This morning Wigan have signed a player on loan who will join them permanently on January 1st.
Transfer Window Activity on 10:10 - Aug 10 with 2074 viewsBFC1885

Transfer Window Activity on 10:03 - Aug 9 by BartRowou

I think we could easily accommodate the transfer of Camps if someone came in for him with an acceptable offer.

I see the Scottish macwindow doesn't close till the end of August so Dawson to Celtic looks like our last hope on that front.

Just a possible warning if he goes to Scotland.
A few years ago one of the Bury players ( I think it was Chris Porter) moved to a Scottish club, we had a sell on clause on him, but because he went to Scotland we lost out and got nothing.
It's a good while ago now so maybe that rule has now been altered?
Transfer Window Activity on 10:21 - Aug 10 with 2045 viewsfitzochris

Transfer Window Activity on 10:10 - Aug 10 by BFC1885

A few years ago one of the Bury players ( I think it was Chris Porter) moved to a Scottish club, we had a sell on clause on him, but because he went to Scotland we lost out and got nothing.

That’s not true. If the selling club makes any kind of profit on a player, the club who inserted a sell-on clause is entitled to the pre-agreed percentage, no matter what country the buying club is from.

You may be thinking of a development fee?

Motherwell are very happy at getting Tom Aldred back btw.

Transfer Window Activity on 12:06 - Aug 10 with 1908 viewsdingdangblue

Transfer Window Activity on 10:10 - Aug 10 by BFC1885

You lost out because he was out of contract and left Oldham on a free transfer - unfortunately sell on clauses only work if the player gets sold!!!
We had similar with Glen Murray - he left Brighton on a free to join Palace and we missed out on a big sell on clause.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/12242/Porter-h

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Transfer Window Activity on 12:13 - Aug 10 with 1893 viewsBFC1885

Transfer Window Activity on 10:21 - Aug 10 by fitzochris

That’s not true. If the selling club makes any kind of profit on a player, the club who inserted a sell-on clause is entitled to the pre-agreed percentage, no matter what country the buying club is from.

You may be thinking of a development fee?

Motherwell are very happy at getting Tom Aldred back btw.

Well, it really did happen I can assure you that.
He wasn't a development player either.
Must have been around 10 years ago, so?

Tom Aldred hasn't set Bury on fire, but he's a good player everywhere else, so we'll have to assume that the fault lies with Bury F. C.rather than the footballer.
Wish him all the best at Motherwell, hope it works out for the lad.

EDIT
Ahhh ... just read ddb's point, ok.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 12:17]
Transfer Window Activity on 12:22 - Aug 10 with 1859 viewsDaley_Lama

Transfer Window Activity on 12:13 - Aug 10 by BFC1885

Tom Aldred hasn't set Bury on fire, but he's a good player everywhere else, so we'll have to assume that the fault lies with Bury F. C.rather than the footballer.

EDIT

Tom Aldred has always been a carthorse wherever he did play.

His only purple patch was at Accy, where their pitch levelled playing fields and suited his hooved plYing style.

Poll: DF in or out

Transfer Window Activity on 12:42 - Aug 10 with 1809 viewsfitzochris

Transfer Window Activity on 12:13 - Aug 10 by BFC1885

EDIT

Yes, you actually need the player to be sold at a profit to benefit from a sell-on clause. The country of the buying club has nowt to do with it.

Aldred has looked alright at Motherwell in the few games I saw last season. Chipped in with goals too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024