Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Context 08:17 - Aug 22 with 2109 viewsRodingdale

I think the reason for the frustration in the main stand last night runs quite deep and we have a recurring scepticism of Hills continual chopping and changing of personnel and formations. The key issue isn't the changes in themselves, although the results on the pitch don't look like they work so far this season, in fact for many seasons. I've seen Calvin and Hendo play in almost every
position in the last three years, sometimes it looks like the players are confused themselves.

No - the issue is,why can't Hill

a. Explain want he's trying to achieve with his selections and
b. Admit it when he gets it wrong.

It's being going on for years now and people are getting fed up of it.

When Lillis gets taken off - unless you noticed he's injured it just looks like anther unfathomable change.

Combine that with back to back home hammerings - you will get frustrated people venting after they've looked forward to a game AND we usually have such a hard-to-beat-at-home reputation which seems to have given way to a "well, their budget is more than ours, what can you expect". When did we have a worse home start to the season? People are going to get upset, that's what a lot of people go to football for!!

The final point I'd make is back to the fans forum before the start of the season. Hill was asked why we seem to start slowly. He was quite defensive and ended up denying we did make slow starts. The guy is clearly in a very very powerful position in the club, the way the acting CEO was deferential to KH particularly around the training facilities, indicates to me where the power lies.

But this has to be team Rochdale, not team Rochdale when it suits Keith.

I do wonder how it would go if Hill had a stronger Chairman and a less acquiescent board? Oh but we know how that went.........

Everyone needs to be careful what they wish for.

Walsall in good form........but similar budget.......chin up......
Context on 09:25 - Aug 22 with 1976 viewsdingdangblue

I thought after last season a few more of our fans would be more battle hardened but it seems not. Back to back hammering's yes - but put it in context - we've just played the top 2 teams at home and looking at the way they have played, their squads and budgets I think they could both stay in those positions. Imagine starting last season against Wigan and Blackburn at home? 2 games we got blown away in both and no shame in either results. It's a long season.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Context on 12:53 - Aug 22 with 1787 viewsrochdale_ranger

Context on 09:25 - Aug 22 by dingdangblue

I thought after last season a few more of our fans would be more battle hardened but it seems not. Back to back hammering's yes - but put it in context - we've just played the top 2 teams at home and looking at the way they have played, their squads and budgets I think they could both stay in those positions. Imagine starting last season against Wigan and Blackburn at home? 2 games we got blown away in both and no shame in either results. It's a long season.

after last season we don’t want to put up with the same sh1t and same mind games between Hill and supporters. Barnsley were great but we didn’t even do the basics right. We look a pushover side.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024