Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Checka-quiz 12:48 - Nov 6 with 1109 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Anyone tried it yet.....only got 5!

Good effort from the Club to generate a touch more interest.

I see that Leicester Reserves have nothing to win tomorrow and we are certs, so how might it pan out......no risk from either party. Play it like a bounce game and do some experimenting?
Checka-quiz on 13:19 - Nov 6 with 1062 viewsTVOS1907

We need a draw to guarantee topping the group (and getting a home draw in the next round), while Leicester can still go through if they win and bury lose to Fleetwood next week.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 13:21]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Checka-quiz on 13:39 - Nov 6 with 1037 viewsD_Dale

I'm not sure about that. Aren't Leics U-21 on 2 points now, so a win tomorrow would give them 5 points? If next week Fleetwood beat bury, they'd finish with 4 points and the Buckets with 3. But a Dale defeat and a bury win would mean 6 points each

Isn't there the advantage of finishing top of the group, in that it gives a home draw in the next round? If so, it should be a team that is likely to take at least a point (though a draw would lead to a penalty shoot-out for an extra point - it is complicated, for such a micky-mouse competition, and isn't there also a requirement that several 'regular' players are fielded?).

In a way I'd like Hilly to pick a Dale U-21 team - and to challenge our young players to show they are better than a Premiership's U-21s. But also I'd want to ensure a win, to end top of the group but also to provide the feel-good factor that comes with a win.

And I'd like Clough to start ...

Edit: while I was typing out all the above, TVOS beat me to the need-for-an-extra-point point.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 13:41]
Checka-quiz on 14:07 - Nov 6 with 1002 viewsTVOS1907

Checka-quiz on 13:39 - Nov 6 by D_Dale

I'm not sure about that. Aren't Leics U-21 on 2 points now, so a win tomorrow would give them 5 points? If next week Fleetwood beat bury, they'd finish with 4 points and the Buckets with 3. But a Dale defeat and a bury win would mean 6 points each

Isn't there the advantage of finishing top of the group, in that it gives a home draw in the next round? If so, it should be a team that is likely to take at least a point (though a draw would lead to a penalty shoot-out for an extra point - it is complicated, for such a micky-mouse competition, and isn't there also a requirement that several 'regular' players are fielded?).

In a way I'd like Hilly to pick a Dale U-21 team - and to challenge our young players to show they are better than a Premiership's U-21s. But also I'd want to ensure a win, to end top of the group but also to provide the feel-good factor that comes with a win.

And I'd like Clough to start ...

Edit: while I was typing out all the above, TVOS beat me to the need-for-an-extra-point point.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 13:41]

It was all explained in TVOS v Charlton, hence it being at the front of my mind.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024