Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its Back.... 15:50 - Aug 2 with 749 viewsdale1968

So the new season is back with us again.

After a pretty good pre-season I am feeling quietly optimistic about the coming campaign.
Whilst not wanting to count chickens etc: I feel that a top 7 place is achievable this year?

Anyway looking forwards to tomorrow.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Its Back.... on 22:36 - Aug 2 with 611 viewsChaffRAFC

I'm very excited about the new season ahead. I don't like this feeling because it's not something I'm too used to. I've been brought up the Rochdale way which is' low expectations means less hurt when you're not successful'. It all stems back to the season Paul Simpson was in charge. We were all expecting to go up and we all know how that ended and it's stuck in my memory ever since. Like marching down to the bookies and getting my mate to slap my last £20 on us to win the league when Lee Hodges signed.

Keith Hill changed all that really and made all those hopes off success a reality and now he's back and I think we're in for a good season where we'll finish in the playoffs.

The depth we have in the squad is unlike we've ever seen before. Our squad has been assembled earlier than we've ever seen before with a fairly large amount of new players coming in. How many people can actually name their starting 11 tomorrow because I've tried several times and it's hard because whichever team you choose, you're leaving out a player you thought should be a starter. There are players who would usually be guaranteed a spot on the bench who are left out of the squad tomorrow.

So, yes, I'm excited, yes, I'm a tad wary of the risk of disappointment but at least the football season is back.

Up The Dale.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Its Back.... on 22:47 - Aug 2 with 597 viewsmacro

It's a plus being a dale fan that's for sure, never have we been so organised, never before can I pick half a dozen different teams for tomorrow and probably be wrong with all of them.

This where we lose 4-1 at home and it's a reality check!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024