Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post match reflection 23:51 - Dec 20 with 2143 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Two teams determined to give the ball away to each other. Poor quality passing all round.

Great strike by Jamie Allen, worked hard all night.

The double clearance off the line looked like handball to everyone aside from the referee.

Point gained.

Post match reflection on 08:27 - Dec 21 with 1874 viewsColDale

the handball looked as clear as anything.

Looked like we were missing a touch of confidence last night. Maybe its Hill's words ringing in their ears about making sure they don't lose, but even up to the final whistle, we seemed reluctant to go for the kill. Had we gone into this game on the back of a couple of wins, I think we could have won at a canter.

Southend didn't look impressive. We weren't exactly free flowing ourselves, but I can't think of a shot on target other than the goal from the home side. Certainly don't blame Lillis, but it would seem we concede from a very high proportion of shots on target this season.
Post match reflection on 08:31 - Dec 21 with 1866 viewsColDale

Post match reflection on 09:22 - Dec 21 with 1787 viewsDaleFan7

Post match reflection on 08:27 - Dec 21 by ColDale

the handball looked as clear as anything.

Looked like we were missing a touch of confidence last night. Maybe its Hill's words ringing in their ears about making sure they don't lose, but even up to the final whistle, we seemed reluctant to go for the kill. Had we gone into this game on the back of a couple of wins, I think we could have won at a canter.

Southend didn't look impressive. We weren't exactly free flowing ourselves, but I can't think of a shot on target other than the goal from the home side. Certainly don't blame Lillis, but it would seem we concede from a very high proportion of shots on target this season.

Surely Lillis is the only person you can blame if a high % of shots on target are going in?

We just don't trouble the opposition's keeper enough, that's the bottom line. Without Hogan scoring we don't have anyone else we can rely on for a steady stream of goals.
Post match reflection on 10:40 - Dec 21 with 1652 viewsroccydaleian

Post match reflection on 09:22 - Dec 21 by DaleFan7

Surely Lillis is the only person you can blame if a high % of shots on target are going in?

We just don't trouble the opposition's keeper enough, that's the bottom line. Without Hogan scoring we don't have anyone else we can rely on for a steady stream of goals.

Can't understand the Lillis bashing on here. The team should be defending better and try and stop these shots in the first place.
Post match reflection on 10:44 - Dec 21 with 1641 viewsSuddenLad

Post match reflection on 09:22 - Dec 21 by DaleFan7

Give it a rest.

What about the other 10 in front of him who allow the opposition to get in a position to take a shot.............?

Perhaps we should also blame Lillis for his poor scoring record.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Post match reflection on 12:47 - Dec 21 with 1476 viewsTVOS1907

Post match reflection on 10:40 - Dec 21 by roccydaleian

Can't understand the Lillis bashing on here. The team should be defending better and try and stop these shots in the first place.

Lillis had a decent game.

Took some good crosses and made a couple of crucial blocks, particularly one in the second half.

He had no chance with the goal.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2013 12:47]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Post match reflection on 21:24 - Dec 21 with 1215 viewsRochdaleLeeds

A lot of people just see goals conceeded and remember a mistake he made once weeks ago so jump straight onto bashing the goalkeeper, not the saves made, corners caught, through balls picked up etc etc.
Unfortunately the last line of defense means he is the difference between a clean sheet and not and that sometimes leads to undeserved slating.

Already people who attended the Southend game have told me he played well and dealt with certain situations. I still think he was a major factor in us beating Rotherham where he played very well, and that goal was anything but his fault as you will all agree.
Post match reflection on 10:19 - Dec 24 with 969 viewsDaleFan7

Post match reflection on 10:44 - Dec 21 by SuddenLad

Give it a rest.

What about the other 10 in front of him who allow the opposition to get in a position to take a shot.............?

Perhaps we should also blame Lillis for his poor scoring record.

I said as a % in reply to someone else so why don't you read it properly?

If we were having 15 shots a game against us and letting 3 goals a game in then yeah you can fully blame the defence for putting him under that pressure. It's just an observation that in a lot of games the other team are having 3 shots and scoring at least 2. Show me a defence that doesn't allow the opposition to have any shots all the time. I'd be quite impressed by them.

Why is it when on here if someone doesn't agree with a certain 'generic' opinion or says something slightly negative they get jumped on? I thought the idea of a forum was to have an opinion. Lillis has been under par this season compared to other seasons he's played here, get over it.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2013 10:22]
Login to get fewer ads

Post match reflection on 10:42 - Dec 24 with 941 viewswmgunit

Post match reflection on 10:19 - Dec 24 by DaleFan7

I said as a % in reply to someone else so why don't you read it properly?

If we were having 15 shots a game against us and letting 3 goals a game in then yeah you can fully blame the defence for putting him under that pressure. It's just an observation that in a lot of games the other team are having 3 shots and scoring at least 2. Show me a defence that doesn't allow the opposition to have any shots all the time. I'd be quite impressed by them.

Why is it when on here if someone doesn't agree with a certain 'generic' opinion or says something slightly negative they get jumped on? I thought the idea of a forum was to have an opinion. Lillis has been under par this season compared to other seasons he's played here, get over it.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2013 10:22]

I think if you look beyond the crude shots on target to goals conceded ratios, we've conceded more goals this season from defensive mistakes than errors by Lillis. Not that I think the defence has been particularly bad, they had a very good run of games October time, just singling out Lillis alone doesn't seem to match the reality.
Post match reflection on 11:34 - Dec 24 with 903 viewsjonesy

Lillis played very well at Southend. No chance with the goal. Jamie Allen very good. Hogan unlucky and not as good as normal.

Southend stand like a wind tunnel. Freezing.

As an aside how tall is Jamie Allen. Official site says 5'11"? mind you it says Joe Bunney is 19'8"!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024