Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where does the Carling Cup lie in our priorities? 18:34 - Aug 6 with 982 viewsPoolman

Little mention of thye Shrewsbury game thus far. I think what we need as a club is a boost and early season the best way to get that is to progress in the cup and get a decent Prem Club at home in the second round. So, for me, whilst the league is clearly our priority until we reach 50 points, I am hoping we get further in the cups that some of our previous managers managed!

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Where does the Carling Cup lie in our priorities? on 18:59 - Aug 6 with 966 viewsBloodtangerine

I will be there for that one..can't think it will be a big away following though tbh

Voice of the two scarfers..UTMP

Where does the Carling Cup lie in our priorities? on 19:03 - Aug 6 with 958 viewsPoolSupporter

Where does the Carling Cup lie in our priorities? on 18:59 - Aug 6 by Bloodtangerine

I will be there for that one..can't think it will be a big away following though tbh

It should be treated like a pre season run out
Where does the Carling Cup lie in our priorities? on 19:03 - Aug 6 with 958 viewsbfccarpetfitter

Comes in handy,more game time for players to gel without the risk of losing any points.Think I am going with Blackpoolmad.

I am about as welcome as a fart in an astronaughts suit.

Where does the Carling Cup lie in our priorities? on 19:04 - Aug 6 with 956 viewsGrayth

It will basically act as a pre-season friendly. At least we'll pick our strongest team, though I'd like to see Waddington given some minutes in preparation for his move to the first club that offers Karl some lovely, shiny money.
Where does the Carling Cup lie in our priorities? on 19:10 - Aug 6 with 947 viewsGraham9

Where does the Carling Cup lie in our priorities? on 19:04 - Aug 6 by Grayth

It will basically act as a pre-season friendly. At least we'll pick our strongest team, though I'd like to see Waddington given some minutes in preparation for his move to the first club that offers Karl some lovely, shiny money.

Agree I'm trying to look at the 1st two games as a bit of a gimme... yes we have had a non existent pre-season but look at this way, if we were to lose away against Forest in the opening game of the season I doubt it would have rocked the football world to its roots even if we had the perfect pre-season they would have always been a tough nut at home and game 2 against Shrewsbury, more important for the game time than the result in my eyes. So game 3 is the one that in my eyes is the real start of the season. Though if we can nick something at the city ground despite the circumstances then thats a bonus.
Where does the Carling Cup lie in our priorities? on 19:23 - Aug 6 with 930 viewsspider29

Where does the Carling Cup lie in our priorities? on 19:10 - Aug 6 by Graham9

Agree I'm trying to look at the 1st two games as a bit of a gimme... yes we have had a non existent pre-season but look at this way, if we were to lose away against Forest in the opening game of the season I doubt it would have rocked the football world to its roots even if we had the perfect pre-season they would have always been a tough nut at home and game 2 against Shrewsbury, more important for the game time than the result in my eyes. So game 3 is the one that in my eyes is the real start of the season. Though if we can nick something at the city ground despite the circumstances then thats a bonus.

Gives the squad players a run out...
No importance for me..
I wonder if Riga will start a reserve team..
when we have enough bodies...
Ollie wasn't too keen..
interefered with his nights out in ..
the admiral !
Where does the Carling Cup lie in our priorities? on 19:28 - Aug 6 with 923 viewsOrmegod

To be honest,a lot of fans say a cup run is a distraction but I think a cup run can really help you out in your league form,hope we take it seriously for once.

"Managing a league club is like making love to a mermaid, you should be aiming for a top half finish"

Where does the Carling Cup lie in our priorities? on 19:42 - Aug 6 with 913 viewsWizaard

Given the lack of game time, for the first time in years I expect us to take it fairly seriously. Five of us going over for it from LeedsSheffield.
Login to get fewer ads

Where does the Carling Cup lie in our priorities? on 19:52 - Aug 6 with 905 viewsGrayth

Where does the Carling Cup lie in our priorities? on 19:42 - Aug 6 by Wizaard

Given the lack of game time, for the first time in years I expect us to take it fairly seriously. Five of us going over for it from LeedsSheffield.

I think it was season before last when we took it seriously and played a full-strength side at home to Morecambe. We lost 2-1
Where does the Carling Cup lie in our priorities? on 20:19 - Aug 6 with 890 viewsOsbourne

Has this cup changed its name again?
Where does the Carling Cup lie in our priorities? on 20:29 - Aug 6 with 883 viewsSTHolder

Where does the Carling Cup lie in our priorities? on 20:19 - Aug 6 by Osbourne

Has this cup changed its name again?

Pretty sure it's the Capital One cup Osbourne (unless it's changed again!).
I agree with those who are saying this should be taken seriously and should be a first team run out. They've had all season to rest and we need game time together as a team. So I wouldn't change the side that much from Saturday (unless it's a complete disaster) and I'd get a good win under the belt. Plus the thought of Matt Williams smiling smugly from the stand is not one we want to see
Where does the Carling Cup lie in our priorities? on 20:41 - Aug 6 with 873 viewsOsbourne

Where does the Carling Cup lie in our priorities? on 20:29 - Aug 6 by STHolder

Pretty sure it's the Capital One cup Osbourne (unless it's changed again!).
I agree with those who are saying this should be taken seriously and should be a first team run out. They've had all season to rest and we need game time together as a team. So I wouldn't change the side that much from Saturday (unless it's a complete disaster) and I'd get a good win under the belt. Plus the thought of Matt Williams smiling smugly from the stand is not one we want to see

Yes, good point STHolder, Matt Williams and also Micky Mellon who will be in only his second game in charge of Shrewsbury. Good luck Micky on the Saturday but not on the Tuesday night!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024