Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could this team push for promotion? 10:52 - Aug 7 with 4999 viewsTyrion_Lannister

The pundits and various 'respectable' forums etc are virtually guaranteeing us relegation.
BUT, I actually think we have a really good makings of a squad here, yes probably short of a striker, another keeper and possibly winger/attacking midfielder. I think if Riga can get some cohesion early, and a stress 'EARLY', I honestly think we will surprise this League.
It seems with the Miller Interview he has been assured personally by Riga that he is going to stay, and possibly for the long term.
A few good results and the Tangerine Army will soon give their vocal backing !!

UTMP - OYSTON OUT

WINTER IS COMING!!

Could this team push for promotion? on 10:54 - Aug 7 with 4434 viewsLytham_FY8

No one knows, stranger things have happened, although the defence looks weak as Bazzle said yesterday.

We need to hit the ground running though, which is virtually impossible with our pre season shamblefest.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Could this team push for promotion? on 11:00 - Aug 7 with 4395 viewsspider29

You better believe it....
With a good manager and...
the calibre of player he is..
Bringing in...
The sky is the limit....
E i e i e i o.....
Could this team push for promotion? on 11:10 - Aug 7 with 4381 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

It's not as daft a suggestion as it may seem, although you may get some stick for it before the day is out.

I think we need at least five more players - a 'keeper, a right back, another centre back, an attacking midfielder and another forward who will be an out and out finisher.

After that, if you get a good rub of the green with injuries and suspensions, it's a Division where almost anyone can make the top six. After that it's how your form and luck are from April onwards.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Could this team push for promotion? on 11:13 - Aug 7 with 4362 viewsTyrion_Lannister

Could this team push for promotion? on 11:10 - Aug 7 by basilrobbiereborn

It's not as daft a suggestion as it may seem, although you may get some stick for it before the day is out.

I think we need at least five more players - a 'keeper, a right back, another centre back, an attacking midfielder and another forward who will be an out and out finisher.

After that, if you get a good rub of the green with injuries and suspensions, it's a Division where almost anyone can make the top six. After that it's how your form and luck are from April onwards.

Robbie, although somewhat different, I do see similarities in the way Ollie 'cobbled' a team together. Players played out of their skin for him, and I have a sneaking suspicion that could be echoed with Jose.

WINTER IS COMING!!

Could this team push for promotion? on 12:05 - Aug 7 with 4316 viewsgjr69

The problem is the five or so players that the squad is lacking, the men who would make a real difference, probably cost too much for our owners.
Could this team push for promotion? on 12:52 - Aug 7 with 4272 viewsOldSkool

No strength in depth.
There will be injuries, suspensions and individuals will have a drop in form.
Their replacements will simply not be good enough.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2014 12:53]
Could this team push for promotion? on 13:07 - Aug 7 with 4229 viewsstraightatthewall

Go on then, I'll share an op I put on the Real Avftt.

Miller - 192 league and cup games in 9 seasons. Avg 21 games per season.

Orlandi - 142 league and cup games in 7 seasons. Avg 20 games per season.

Oriol - 199 games in 6 seasons. Avg 33 games per season. 71 of the 199 were for Villareal B.

Cywka - 124 games in 8 seasons. Avg 16 games per season.

The records of Mellis and the Fonz look better when you factor in their ages and recognise that they wouldn't play much in the first 3 years of their pro careers. They are both 23 however and as yet, they haven't set the world alight. Now is their time.

Lewis has plenty of games under his belt with 221 in 8 seasons, but he's averaged 5 games a season in the last games in the 3 seasons and he needs to really get back into things and kick on.

The Rican is an unknown, alongside the Estonian. I think it's fair to say that we could do with both being overwhelming.

Forgive my negativity, but at this stage I don't see too much to be getting overexcited about. We've signed very few players with records that stand up to proper scrutiny. Even those that have played against us and shown talent have obvious question marks over their ability to get through a season unscathed.

It seems to me that we have little to shout about at this moment in time and any progress is going to be made via a great deal of good fortune as much as anything else.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Could this team push for promotion? on 13:10 - Aug 7 with 4217 viewsFixitian

Could this team push for promotion? on 12:52 - Aug 7 by OldSkool

No strength in depth.
There will be injuries, suspensions and individuals will have a drop in form.
Their replacements will simply not be good enough.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2014 12:53]

We need to be vocal from the very first game, and be the twelfth man.
Login to get fewer ads

Could this team push for promotion? on 13:14 - Aug 7 with 4205 viewsrigamortis

Could this team push for promotion? on 13:10 - Aug 7 by Fixitian

25/1 - lump on for top 6 finish

Poll: Playoffs - Possibility or pipe dream

Could this team push for promotion? on 13:15 - Aug 7 with 4203 viewsGraham9

Could this team push for promotion? on 13:10 - Aug 7 by Fixitian

The qualty lof the players we have signed looks better than we've had for a season or twoand I believe Riga could be our ace up the sleeve, but last two seasons we have clung on by the skin of our teeth and this year the Championship looks stronger, so harder to compete you would think. Pushing for promotion looks unlikely at the moment.
Could this team push for promotion? on 13:27 - Aug 7 with 4180 viewsdaveclayt

Could this team push for promotion? on 13:07 - Aug 7 by straightatthewall

Oriol - 199 games in 6 seasons. Avg 33 games per season. 71 of the 199 were for Villareal B.

The records of Mellis and the Fonz look better when you factor in their ages and recognise that they wouldn't play much in the first 3 years of their pro careers. They are both 23 however and as yet, they haven't set the world alight. Now is their time.

Lewis has plenty of games under his belt with 221 in 8 seasons, but he's averaged 5 games a season in the last games in the 3 seasons and he needs to really get back into things and kick on.

The Rican is an unknown, alongside the Estonian. I think it's fair to say that we could do with both being overwhelming.

Forgive my negativity, but at this stage I don't see too much to be getting overexcited about. We've signed very few players with records that stand up to proper scrutiny. Even those that have played against us and shown talent have obvious question marks over their ability to get through a season unscathed.

It seems to me that we have little to shout about at this moment in time and any progress is going to be made via a great deal of good fortune as much as anything else.

What SATW said.

We haven't prepared. We have put ourselves in the worst position out of all 24 teams in the league. We have given ourselves the worst chance of all those teams to gain promotion. It isn't going to happen, I'm afraid.
Could this team push for promotion? on 13:49 - Aug 7 with 4149 viewsTyrion_Lannister

Could this team push for promotion? on 13:07 - Aug 7 by straightatthewall

Straighters - I understand and appreciate your point of view on this. However again under Ollie we inherited some players with relatively poor game per season ratio, yet when playing and happy were revelations.

When this happens, players don't seem to have 'injuries'. One good example was RVP under Wenger was always injured, yet under Fergie and enjoying his football, Im not sure he missed any.

Im hoping this is the case under Riga.

WINTER IS COMING!!

Could this team push for promotion? on 14:00 - Aug 7 with 4125 viewsbig_bloomers

Could this team push for promotion? on 13:49 - Aug 7 by Tyrion_Lannister

Straighters - I understand and appreciate your point of view on this. However again under Ollie we inherited some players with relatively poor game per season ratio, yet when playing and happy were revelations.

When this happens, players don't seem to have 'injuries'. One good example was RVP under Wenger was always injured, yet under Fergie and enjoying his football, Im not sure he missed any.

I'd say we're four good players off even thinking that way - was interesting though that someone posted our team from the opening day against QPR in 2009 and no one would have predicted that side would get promoted!

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

Could this team push for promotion? on 14:01 - Aug 7 with 4124 viewsSeasider91

I think that we will finish mid-table. I shall liken our season to the battle of the mountain versus the viper. Blackpool is the viper and will tangle with the big boys for a long time battling away and even pulling off some surprises. We will be on the verge of a surprise victory over the big boys by getting into the play offs but get too cocky and get crushed by the teams with more strength in depth at the end of the season. We will finish around 12th. (Sorry if anybody who is watching the back catalogue of game of thrones hasn't got to season 4 yet but I felt that this is a decent analogy to make)

"We shall take baby steps up the league" Ian Holloway in July 2009

Could this team push for promotion? on 14:21 - Aug 7 with 4086 viewsTyrion_Lannister

Could this team push for promotion? on 14:01 - Aug 7 by Seasider91

I think that we will finish mid-table. I shall liken our season to the battle of the mountain versus the viper. Blackpool is the viper and will tangle with the big boys for a long time battling away and even pulling off some surprises. We will be on the verge of a surprise victory over the big boys by getting into the play offs but get too cocky and get crushed by the teams with more strength in depth at the end of the season. We will finish around 12th. (Sorry if anybody who is watching the back catalogue of game of thrones hasn't got to season 4 yet but I felt that this is a decent analogy to make)

Good analogy, however we will see ....... A LANNISTER ALWAYS PAYS HIS DEBTS

WINTER IS COMING!!

Could this team push for promotion? on 14:23 - Aug 7 with 4080 viewsstraightatthewall

Could this team push for promotion? on 13:49 - Aug 7 by Tyrion_Lannister

The team Ollie inherited, while by no means an obvious promotion bet, was at least well stocked with players who had played plenty of games regularly at the level for a coinsistent period.

Of the team from that day, only Burgess and Edwards stand out as an obvious injury concerns. All the rest were good for 30+ games at least. The only changes for that game and the Boxing Day win at Derby were Eardley for Edwards and Ormerod for Vaughan. The final game of the season had Coleman for Eardley and DJ for Burgess.

Could this team push for promotion? on 14:26 - Aug 7 with 4075 viewsTyrion_Lannister

Could this team push for promotion? on 14:23 - Aug 7 by straightatthewall

The team Ollie inherited, while by no means an obvious promotion bet, was at least well stocked with players who had played plenty of games regularly at the level for a coinsistent period.

Of the team from that day, only Burgess and Edwards stand out as an obvious injury concerns. All the rest were good for 30+ games at least. The only changes for that game and the Boxing Day win at Derby were Eardley for Edwards and Ormerod for Vaughan. The final game of the season had Coleman for Eardley and DJ for Burgess.

Crainey?

WINTER IS COMING!!

Could this team push for promotion? on 14:35 - Aug 7 with 4064 viewsstraightatthewall

Could this team push for promotion? on 14:26 - Aug 7 by Tyrion_Lannister

Crainey?

He was in and out at Leeds to some extent, but I always thought that was football related. He had a bad knock in his second season with us, but a bad knock is different to persistent, niggling injuries.

He's at 21 games per season after 14 seasons. The first 5 of which were at Celtic or in the Premier League, where he was very much a bit-part player.

Could this team push for promotion? on 14:49 - Aug 7 with 4049 viewsWizaard

For a team written off by their own supporters as relegation certainties, anywhere safe will be a result.

Having said that, with the odds currently available, a supporter would find it difficult not to have a punt
Could this team push for promotion? on 14:50 - Aug 7 with 4047 viewsstraightatthewall

Could this team push for promotion? on 14:49 - Aug 7 by Wizaard

For a team written off by their own supporters as relegation certainties, anywhere safe will be a result.

Having said that, with the odds currently available, a supporter would find it difficult not to have a punt

Survival will clearly be seen as success. That in itself, is the biggest problem.

Could this team push for promotion? on 14:54 - Aug 7 with 4029 viewsTyrion_Lannister

Could this team push for promotion? on 14:49 - Aug 7 by Wizaard

Wiz, re my other post, it seems the odds are now shortening due to the quality of our signings!

WINTER IS COMING!!

Could this team push for promotion? on 15:23 - Aug 7 with 3981 viewsspider29

Could this team push for promotion? on 14:54 - Aug 7 by Tyrion_Lannister

Wiz, re my other post, it seems the odds are now shortening due to the quality of our signings!

The players will run through ..
a brick wall 4 Riga...
They love him !
That is extremely important !
Could this team push for promotion? on 15:34 - Aug 7 with 3974 viewsseasider13

Mid table this season

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Could this team push for promotion? on 15:52 - Aug 7 with 3948 viewsrockbriggs

Could this team push for promotion? on 14:54 - Aug 7 by Tyrion_Lannister

I think the league this season is there for the taking I cant see any standout teams apart from maybe derby. With the quality weve brought in I rhink we all could be in for a surprise
Could this team push for promotion? on 16:10 - Aug 7 with 3916 viewsFY4MIKEH

Could this team push for promotion? on 15:52 - Aug 7 by rockbriggs

I think the league this season is there for the taking I cant see any standout teams apart from maybe derby. With the quality weve brought in I rhink we all could be in for a surprise

I think this season that promotion is a bridge too far, but mid table should be achievable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024