Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ki 19:30 - Aug 11 with 4733 viewsJackfath

On a hiding to nothing I think.

I sincerely hope he has a great season as it's obvious he's a target for the boo boys looking for an escape goat.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Ki on 19:33 - Aug 11 with 3602 viewsHighjack

Yeah judging by the Villareal reaction the tag of escape goat is a close thing between Ki, Bartley and Rangel this season.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ki on 19:38 - Aug 11 with 3557 viewsSwan91

Ki on 19:33 - Aug 11 by Highjack

Yeah judging by the Villareal reaction the tag of escape goat is a close thing between Ki, Bartley and Rangel this season.

Agree with this. Funny thing was that Ki wasn't the worst midfielder in the game and Bartley wasn't the worst defender in the game aswell. But they're the ones getting the slack. I could already tell Rangel is going to be that way even before villareal game, sad really.

With Ki I think he's looked pretty good this pre season. Not just with passes etc. I think his fitness looks a lot better and he looks good when it comes to running forward with the ball. I would say he's had a better pre season than Shelvey has.

Hopefully him playing in a position he is used to he will do more for the club and show why we payed 5 million for him.
Ki on 19:41 - Aug 11 with 3531 viewsHighjack

I like Ki but I think he needs to be alongside someone a bit more disciplined and defensive than Shelvey. It was so easy for Villareal to pass through our midfield, our back four had no protection which is why they looked like rabbits in the headlights.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Ki on 19:43 - Aug 11 with 3525 viewsLeonisGod

Nothing wrong with Ki at all. He gets grief for making himself available and recycling the ball - two of the main roles for someone in his position. Go figure
Ki on 19:57 - Aug 11 with 3479 viewsHighjack

Ki on 19:43 - Aug 11 by LeonisGod

Nothing wrong with Ki at all. He gets grief for making himself available and recycling the ball - two of the main roles for someone in his position. Go figure

Indeed, he's very accomplished on the ball but he's a bit powderpuff defensively for such a big guy. Put him alongside a proper DM like LEON or a new addition to our roster and he will be able to really show what he can do.

Ki on 19:58 - Aug 11 with 3468 viewsOldjack

I thought Ki was tidy on sat, pinging good passes all over the field and he's now a good work horse unlike De Guzman

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Ki on 20:00 - Aug 11 with 3456 viewslifelong

Don't rate Ki and don't see him as any improvement to what we had last season.
Ki on 20:03 - Aug 11 with 3432 viewsNOTRAC

Ki disappeared completely in the second half.There is talk of giving him a long term contract.Considering we lent him out for one year of his present one,doesn't make sense to me.
Also if he was that good at Sunderland why haven't they put a bid in for him?

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Login to get fewer ads

Ki on 20:05 - Aug 11 with 3415 viewsUplandsJack

I personally like Ki but I do wish he had a bit more about him in the tackle....
Ki on 20:08 - Aug 11 with 3390 viewsOldjack

Ki on 20:05 - Aug 11 by UplandsJack

I personally like Ki but I do wish he had a bit more about him in the tackle....

What, Like De Guzman

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Ki on 20:09 - Aug 11 with 3380 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Ki on 19:33 - Aug 11 by Highjack

have you ever thought that the reason they are singled out is because they are not good enough
Ki on 20:10 - Aug 11 with 3363 viewsSwan91

Ki on 20:03 - Aug 11 by NOTRAC

Ki disappeared completely in the second half.There is talk of giving him a long term contract.Considering we lent him out for one year of his present one,doesn't make sense to me.
Also if he was that good at Sunderland why haven't they put a bid in for him?

To be honest the whole team disappeared in that game.

It was because the manager fell out with him that's the reason why he got loaned out. The club felt he was long term for us that's why it was a loan and not a transfer. Well how do you know they didn't put in a bid? From the beginning the club has said they had no intention of selling and Ki's agent also said he had no intention of leaving. Sunderland could've easily put in a call to the club and ask if he's available and the club simply said no.
Ki on 20:11 - Aug 11 with 3360 viewsA_Fans_Dad

But he is not supposed to "make himself avaliable" when the opposition have the ball, he is supposed to tackle them. Which is the very first requirement.
Ki on 20:12 - Aug 11 with 3354 viewsbishjack

He has got some real silky passing though. real silky. silky silky silky

Poll: Which CB should join Ash in defence ?

Ki on 20:12 - Aug 11 with 3347 viewsJack1

I'm as guilty as anyone of this. I've said in a previous thread that he's a good player, but he's not suited to our style of play. He needs a fair few touches on the ball which allows the opposition to get back into position, especially when it comes to counter-attacking football.

I just feel that the quickness if thought isn't there and therefore he's not a good fit.

That's my opinion anyhow. I do hope I'm wrong on this as we need a DM.
Ki on 20:14 - Aug 11 with 3334 viewsJack1

Ki on 20:12 - Aug 11 by Jack1

I'm as guilty as anyone of this. I've said in a previous thread that he's a good player, but he's not suited to our style of play. He needs a fair few touches on the ball which allows the opposition to get back into position, especially when it comes to counter-attacking football.

I just feel that the quickness if thought isn't there and therefore he's not a good fit.

That's my opinion anyhow. I do hope I'm wrong on this as we need a DM.

Quickness of thought *
Ki on 20:16 - Aug 11 with 3305 viewsHighjack

Ki on 20:09 - Aug 11 by TenkosBlondeWig

have you ever thought that the reason they are singled out is because they are not good enough

No I think it's more to do with thick people needing somebody to blame because they don't understand what is going on.

Ki on 20:18 - Aug 11 with 3293 viewsNOTRAC

I love the way certain decisions are purely Laudrups.Don't you think the Board and Jenkins agreed to the move?
There were doubts then and after Saturdays game there are doubts now.
I just hope we don't give him a long term contract.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Ki on 20:21 - Aug 11 with 3268 viewsicecoldjack

Ki did ok on Saturday, but doing ok is what he does best.

Steady eddy player, no frills and does what it says on the tin .
Ki on 20:23 - Aug 11 with 3247 viewsJackyyBoyy

Ki on 20:12 - Aug 11 by bishjack

He has got some real silky passing though. real silky. silky silky silky

I agree..... real smooth
Ki on 20:25 - Aug 11 with 3231 viewsbishjack

Ki on 20:23 - Aug 11 by JackyyBoyy

I agree..... real smooth

I gets me excited its so silky

Poll: Which CB should join Ash in defence ?

Ki on 20:26 - Aug 11 with 3224 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Ki on 20:16 - Aug 11 by Highjack

No I think it's more to do with thick people needing somebody to blame because they don't understand what is going on.

So what is going on?

Angel has lost the little pace he had and seems to be depreciating every year and getting caught out more
Bartley is nowhere near first choice centre half
Ki is not a defensive midfielder

. . .and I am not the only one who is saying this. Its just my observation based on 35 years watching the Swans
Ki on 20:32 - Aug 11 with 3199 viewsraynor94

Ki on 20:26 - Aug 11 by TenkosBlondeWig

So what is going on?

Angel has lost the little pace he had and seems to be depreciating every year and getting caught out more
Bartley is nowhere near first choice centre half
Ki is not a defensive midfielder

. . .and I am not the only one who is saying this. Its just my observation based on 35 years watching the Swans

And have you ever been positive in any of those years, you make look like a bundle of fun

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ki on 20:37 - Aug 11 with 3183 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Ki on 20:32 - Aug 11 by raynor94

And have you ever been positive in any of those years, you make look like a bundle of fun

Yes of course I can be positive

You just wait until I come back from Old Trafford following a late 93rd minute winner from Dwight Tiendalli who comes on as a 90th minute sub for the injured Siggy
Ki on 20:45 - Aug 11 with 3150 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ki on 20:37 - Aug 11 by TenkosBlondeWig

Yes of course I can be positive

You just wait until I come back from Old Trafford following a late 93rd minute winner from Dwight Tiendalli who comes on as a 90th minute sub for the injured Siggy

Ki is good player I think he can do a good job for us. In a bad team performance on Saturday he did not look any worse than the others. If we struggle this season then I agree it will be Ki and Bartley who get it. I suspect Jeff may come in for it as well as there are already mumblings of no end product.
I think all of them offer us something but it has to be in the right formation with players of adequate quality around them. That is where my positivity ends sadly.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024