Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last night work in progress or cause for serious concern ? 13:02 - Aug 20 with 1090 viewsGraham9

Well, bitterly disappointed, particularly as we started off promisingly but degenerated into what looked like a rabble after 25 minutes or so . Miller in particular looked clumsy on the ball and lumbering in his movement. I very much support Riga's philosohy of trying to play open attractive football but we looked miles away last night being seriously outplayed for most of the game by a team likely to prove no no better than average in the Championship, overrun in midfield and run ragged down the flanks Pritchard for them was all over us. I had been planning a number of away games but am now questioning if I want to schlep all over the country to see us get our a*** slapped week in week out. It has the feeling of a man paying good money watch a member his family beaten up every week.
Last night work in progress or cause for serious concern ? on 15:04 - Aug 20 with 1045 viewschesterbfc

Totally agree,unfortunately I just bought my Wigan ticket!!!After Sat I had belief but agree with your view ,I wouldn't knock Donavan too hard,but I thought Miller, Perkins McMahon, Clarke, we're poor
Last night work in progress or cause for serious concern ? on 16:22 - Aug 20 with 1014 viewstommytwojags

Last night work in progress or cause for serious concern ? on 15:04 - Aug 20 by chesterbfc

Totally agree,unfortunately I just bought my Wigan ticket!!!After Sat I had belief but agree with your view ,I wouldn't knock Donavan too hard,but I thought Miller, Perkins McMahon, Clarke, we're poor

Sadly I have to agree with you Graham. Pre-season or not, the team should be showing some signs of competing, but looks a million miles for a first win. Weak at the back, absent in midfield and woeful up front. I can't see one single player capable of turning a game for us and I have never seen that in 50 years. Every Pool team I have seen, even in the dark days, would beat the current side.
Last night work in progress or cause for serious concern ? on 17:49 - Aug 20 with 992 viewsSouthStandSeasider

I think we're still very much a work in progress. We played well second half v Blackburn, we played poorly for most of last night. Until the players gel as a team, it won't be possible to find any sort of consistency.

It's natural to be concerned when we've got no points from three games, and while it would have been nice to have picked up something, there's plenty of people out there who expect us to still be on 0 points after the Millwall game. We have been left well behind the eight ball in this early part of the season. The aim must be to try to pick up something from Wigan / Millwall if we can, then take the two week break to regroup, and come out all guns blazing in September.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024