Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? 18:33 - Dec 14 with 5125 viewsFerrieBodde

I don't understand why Monk favours Routledge so much. Ever since he's been appointed, he's been in every one of his starting XIs and he's almost never subbed off regardless of how bad he's been. I know he was solid today and assisted Bony's goal, but lately, he's been bad. That game last week against West Ham when he lost the ball every time he received it and struggled to even complete a pass was perhaps the worst performance I have ever seen from a guy in the Prem since Ali Dia.

He constantly gets the ball nicked from him, he almost never completes a decent cross, and his finishing is just piss poor. Piss poor. There's been like 3-4 times this season when he was clear on goal and did nothing but hit the ball straight at the keeper.

Dyer started off the season fantastically, scoring 3 goals in 3 games, but then Montero established himself in the starting XI and he got injured. Monk sacrificed Dyer, playing Montero in his natural left wing role and moving Routledge to his unnatural role on the right where Dyer normally plays. It hasn't really worked out thus far, and I seriously think we'd benefit greatly if our natural right winger starts on the right over Routs.

We're only scoring about a goal a game, and this needs to change. Stop playing Routledge in a role he's unaccustomed to and hoping that its going to work Monk. The time to drop him and play Dyer is long overdue.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2014 18:36]
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 22:08 - Dec 14 with 1090 views_

No

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 22:15 - Dec 14 with 1074 viewsBillyChong

Routledge only ever uses one foot regardless which side of the goal he is on anyway - the inside of the boot or that awkward looking outside of the boot thing he always does.
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 22:15 - Dec 14 with 1072 viewsDarran

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 22:15 - Dec 14 by BillyChong

Routledge only ever uses one foot regardless which side of the goal he is on anyway - the inside of the boot or that awkward looking outside of the boot thing he always does.

Spot on.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 22:19 - Dec 14 with 1064 viewsNeathJack

I thought Routledge had a decent game today. He put in numerous dangerous crosses including the one for the goal. His best game in that position for us imho.
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 22:21 - Dec 14 with 1055 viewsDarran

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 22:19 - Dec 14 by NeathJack

I thought Routledge had a decent game today. He put in numerous dangerous crosses including the one for the goal. His best game in that position for us imho.

He did.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024