Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dead last in net spend yet again 14:13 - Sep 1 with 10865 viewsFerrieBodde

https://talksport.com/football/every-premier-league-club-ranked-their-net-spend-

Just like in the last summer window (and cumulatively in the last 3 years), we've once again spent the least. A profit of £24m in this window. How lovely.

It's an awful feeling knowing your club is owned by some parasitic foreigners who want nothing except to spend the bare minimum, if even that (since these Yanks took over we have a transfer surplus of +£14m), and that all they want to do is keep us in the Premier League before selling us for a tidy profit. Both Levien and Kaplan are two no good lying cvnts, and they should be held accountable for all the BS they spouted after the purchase about how they want to win, how ambitious they are, and how we're no longer going to be a stepping stone club.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 0:58]
Dead last in net spend yet again on 19:40 - Sep 2 with 2063 viewsJBG

Dead last in net spend yet again on 20:19 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

Ending a transfer window in profit having clearly strengthened the team/squad is one of the first signs that perhaps some of the damage of the last three or four years is being reversed.

it's the same old boring people who have watched us for a few years Dr
Dead last in net spend yet again on 20:02 - Sep 2 with 2040 viewsJackflack

I'm very excited about our signings.
The fact that we have a surplus of dosh burning a hole in YOUR pocket is something you'll have to live with.
To me, we have money for January if we need it if we're struggling.
Also, they may extend the stadium.
I'll tell you this much, I'd have been very concerned if we'd paid WBA what they wanted for Chadli.

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Dead last in net spend yet again on 20:10 - Sep 2 with 2025 viewsGowerjack

Dead last in net spend yet again on 20:02 - Sep 2 by Jackflack

The fact that we have a surplus of dosh burning a hole in YOUR pocket is something you'll have to live with.
I'll tell you this much, I'd have been very concerned if we'd paid WBA what they wanted for Chadli.

Wise words JF

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Dead last in net spend yet again on 20:16 - Sep 2 with 2012 viewsJackflack

I have more faith in the yanks than i do in the Trust.
There, I said it.

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Dead last in net spend yet again on 20:23 - Sep 2 with 2007 viewsDewi1jack

Dead last in net spend yet again on 20:02 - Sep 2 by Jackflack

"I'll tell you this much, I'd have been very concerned if we'd paid WBA what they wanted for Chadli."
And as Jacksomething states "Can't believe there's not better out there" probably for less cash as well

Too true.
I know the market is seriously skewed at the mo, but £25/26 million for Chadli?
£12 ish million for Wilf seems extortionate for a player not wanted at his club as well.
Saying that, I thought Sigurdsson was seriously overpriced as well, so what the F do I know

It does seem our scouting department is either woeful or Beaky totally ignores them.
We've needed a RB for a few years now and IMHO we still need one.
Getting rid of a tidy looking LB and replacing him with a "Jack of all trades" was a bad idea as well.

Don't really understand the hatred for Jas and Stevie boy.
We all know they're only in it for the money they can make their syndicate- I still don't think they're the owners BTW.

At least we know they're not "fans who only want the best for the club and would never harm it."
The Tapas waiter has got more grief for his "I loooouuuuve this cloooob" speech than Dimwit (ex Trust top boy!) and the rest of the sellout vermin scum have.
Still wondering what sh1te that load of tossers have on the Trust. Guess I'll never find out.

So apart from the longstanding RB position problem and flogging a LB who can cross the ball (back up i know), I don't think we've had too shabby a window.
May have had a look at Kingsley as a left winger anyway.

Just hope PC is given time to continue his (so far) good work
And Dimwit, Jenkins and all the rest fug off from the club for good.
(going to get plenty of down arrows from some previously unheard of posters for that last comment )

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Dead last in net spend yet again on 21:58 - Sep 2 with 1950 viewsBanosswan

Money if needed for January. And then if needed next summer to replace our two loanees.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:04 - Sep 2 with 1940 viewsSwansNZ

I’m sure some people won’t be happy until we’re £100 million in debt.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:10 - Sep 2 with 1921 viewspencoedjack

Dead last in net spend yet again on 21:58 - Sep 2 by Banosswan

Money if needed for January. And then if needed next summer to replace our two loanees.

I think we will need the money next summer as we will be lacking players to sell

The only possible 1 is Alf.

Probably the 30 million will be used to lease the staduim & the Yanks will bail out with a healthy profit
Login to get fewer ads

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:11 - Sep 2 with 1919 viewsDr_Winston

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:10 - Sep 2 by pencoedjack

I think we will need the money next summer as we will be lacking players to sell

The only possible 1 is Alf.

Probably the 30 million will be used to lease the staduim & the Yanks will bail out with a healthy profit

It won't cost £30m to lease the stadium. Not a chance in hell.

If the council can walk away with rent of £1m p/a and no requirement to meet maintenance costs they'll see that as a right result.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:21 - Sep 2 with 1899 viewspencoedjack

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:11 - Sep 2 by Dr_Winston

It won't cost £30m to lease the stadium. Not a chance in hell.

If the council can walk away with rent of £1m p/a and no requirement to meet maintenance costs they'll see that as a right result.

You know more than me about buying the lease Dr

I am concerned on how we will fund incoming players next season we will have no saleable assets (as I said possibly Alf ) but will be ripe to sell ... you agree ?
Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:27 - Sep 2 with 1891 viewsSwansNZ

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:21 - Sep 2 by pencoedjack

I am concerned on how we will fund incoming players next season we will have no saleable assets (as I said possibly Alf ) but will be ripe to sell ... you agree ?

This time last year you would not think that Llorente would be a saleable asset, let alone a 15 millon quid one.

Step up Mr. Wayne Routledge

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:28 - Sep 2 with 1887 viewsDr_Winston

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:21 - Sep 2 by pencoedjack

Depends how many incoming players we need I suppose. Cutting swathes out of the wage bill should free up a fair amount of cash. Plus there's nothing further to spend on facilities.

Long season ahead. Who knows? Maybe Naughton will have a stormer and join Man City for £50m next summer.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:31 - Sep 2 with 1876 viewspencoedjack

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:28 - Sep 2 by Dr_Winston

Depends how many incoming players we need I suppose. Cutting swathes out of the wage bill should free up a fair amount of cash. Plus there's nothing further to spend on facilities.

Long season ahead. Who knows? Maybe Naughton will have a stormer and join Man City for £50m next summer.

Nice answer surprised you didn't throw Bartley in as well

Seriously Tammy & Sanches will need replacing
Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:37 - Sep 2 with 1871 viewsDr_Winston

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:31 - Sep 2 by pencoedjack

Nice answer surprised you didn't throw Bartley in as well

Seriously Tammy & Sanches will need replacing

Aye, probably. That's a year away and things change quickly in fotball though.

Dead last in net spend yet again on 13:12 - Sep 3 with 1775 viewsawayjack

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:04 - Sep 2 by SwansNZ

I’m sure some people won’t be happy until we’re £100 million in debt.

Maths not very good in NZ? So per Times we've made £35m profit on window, will save £20m on wages and, partly dependent on position, but expect £20m more from PL income. That's a swing of over £75m in profit, and based on last years accounts somewhere over £60m profit. Our loans and OD cover Summer typically paid off with Sky money. So how does £75m of extra profit equate to £100m of debt? Apologies if you're too young to understand basic maths and accounts.
Dead last in net spend yet again on 13:14 - Sep 3 with 1774 viewsDr_Winston

Dead last in net spend yet again on 13:12 - Sep 3 by awayjack

Maths not very good in NZ? So per Times we've made £35m profit on window, will save £20m on wages and, partly dependent on position, but expect £20m more from PL income. That's a swing of over £75m in profit, and based on last years accounts somewhere over £60m profit. Our loans and OD cover Summer typically paid off with Sky money. So how does £75m of extra profit equate to £100m of debt? Apologies if you're too young to understand basic maths and accounts.

Where is this saving of £20m in wages?

Unless you can demonstrate this the rest of your figures are untrustworthy.

Dead last in net spend yet again on 13:33 - Sep 3 with 1761 viewsclement

Dead last in net spend yet again on 20:19 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

Ending a transfer window in profit having clearly strengthened the team/squad is one of the first signs that perhaps some of the damage of the last three or four years is being reversed.

This

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Dead last in net spend yet again on 13:43 - Sep 3 with 1752 viewsraynor94

Dead last in net spend yet again on 13:14 - Sep 3 by Dr_Winston

Where is this saving of £20m in wages?

Unless you can demonstrate this the rest of your figures are untrustworthy.

Same here, I'd love to know where this £20 million of savings has come from

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Dead last in net spend yet again on 13:51 - Sep 3 with 1748 viewsDewi1jack

Dead last in net spend yet again on 13:43 - Sep 3 by raynor94

Same here, I'd love to know where this £20 million of savings has come from

IF
Gomis, Llorente and Sigurdsson were on £50k a week, that would come to nearly £8 million.
Can't see the rest including Borja, who I'm guessing we're paying part of the wages for still, coming up to £12 million.

Not unless we've finally got rid of Dimwit, Beaky and nearly half of the hangers on, sorry family and friends employed by the club by the ex board

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Dead last in net spend yet again on 13:56 - Sep 3 with 1739 viewsraynor94

Dead last in net spend yet again on 13:51 - Sep 3 by Dewi1jack

IF
Gomis, Llorente and Sigurdsson were on £50k a week, that would come to nearly £8 million.
Can't see the rest including Borja, who I'm guessing we're paying part of the wages for still, coming up to £12 million.

Not unless we've finally got rid of Dimwit, Beaky and nearly half of the hangers on, sorry family and friends employed by the club by the ex board

Clucas, Mesa, Sanches and Bony are not on peanuts, so it's hard to see how we are saving £20 million

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Dead last in net spend yet again on 14:19 - Sep 3 with 1728 viewsr0ckin

Excellent news, we're running a football club how it should be run.

I do remember in the not to distant past, that we had some pride in the fact we ran things properly and didn't spend more than we brought in.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2017 14:22]

Peace

Dead last in net spend yet again on 14:36 - Sep 3 with 1715 viewsDr_Winston

Dead last in net spend yet again on 13:56 - Sep 3 by raynor94

Clucas, Mesa, Sanches and Bony are not on peanuts, so it's hard to see how we are saving £20 million

It's highly unlikely that we are.

We should have saved some, which long term will help. I'd be amazed if it's anything like £20m though.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Dead last in net spend yet again on 14:55 - Sep 3 with 1705 viewsDewi1jack

Dead last in net spend yet again on 13:56 - Sep 3 by raynor94

I think I remember the Sanches fee including wages being around £6 million.
No way do I see the players we've shipped out, not even including what we've brought in and are now spending, saving £20 million.

But we've got rid of a lot of players on anything from a few thousand a week to the Sigurdsson/ Nando/ Gomis wages of reportedly (This board!!!!) up to £70ish K a week.
But with some of the very deadwood we've got rid of, it seems to be a more effective use of wages.

IMHO, Jasie and Stevie boy appear to be moving us as a club in the right direction, correcting what a lot of people have been stating is painfully wrong with the club.
No thanks there to the Ex board and the Trust.

Am starting to become fairly sure our Merrycan cousins want to maximise their syndicates profit when they sell and the near miss of last year was a wake up call they've heeded

Dead last in net spend yet again on 17:47 - Sep 3 with 1647 viewsawayjack

Dead last in net spend yet again on 14:55 - Sep 3 by Dewi1jack

I think I remember the Sanches fee including wages being around £6 million.
No way do I see the players we've shipped out, not even including what we've brought in and are now spending, saving £20 million.

But we've got rid of a lot of players on anything from a few thousand a week to the Sigurdsson/ Nando/ Gomis wages of reportedly (This board!!!!) up to £70ish K a week.
But with some of the very deadwood we've got rid of, it seems to be a more effective use of wages.

IMHO, Jasie and Stevie boy appear to be moving us as a club in the right direction, correcting what a lot of people have been stating is painfully wrong with the club.
No thanks there to the Ex board and the Trust.

Am starting to become fairly sure our Merrycan cousins want to maximise their syndicates profit when they sell and the near miss of last year was a wake up call they've heeded

26 players out including our top earners of Siggy, Lorente and Gomis, with his huge 'free transfer' wages based on free. Depends how we treat bonuses and loan fees for Tammy/Sanches but top 5 earners that left / loaned save over £15m pa. Chats with insiders, you'd be amazed how much the 20 or so average squad players like Barrow, Grimes, Montero etc earn. £20m was estimate from insider just before close, so may change slightly with Bony/Sanches in Llorente, Montero and McBurnie out but suspect that'll net out of Sanches Fee (v wage) is in transfer profit.

Time will tell and depends what we do in Jan and where we finish, but I expect to see a huge swing in profits this year. If it's not at the expense of depleting squad for future, fair enough. Saving grace is we had a poor Sunner window last year but did well in Jan. My concern is this year Board/Sharholders use these one-off profits to exit again at big premium next year, and we won't use funds to replace our loan players and ageing old guard next Summer. Anyway, window is over now, so focus on supporting PC and team. Exit speculation and profit estimates will become reality in a year or so. Just a shame Trust don't get (or share) more financial details and budgets a normal business would provide to a 20%+ shareholder. I've got more financial info from Swiss Ramble than the Board/Trust.
Dead last in net spend yet again on 18:39 - Sep 3 with 1618 viewsKerouac

We have been storing up big problems with our squad...BIG problems.

These players need replacing and have next to zero resale value;
1) Rangel,
2) Dyer,
3) Routledge,
4) Leon,

(3 of them are Home Grown players...if we don't replace them with more HG players, which are generally more expensive , our squad size goes down and we have less flexibility in the transfer market.
This is why we should have pounced on the likes of Joe Allen and Nathaniel Chalobah)

These players are loans so will need replacing next year;
5) Abraham
6) Sanches
(...and as happy as I am with Abraham for example, we are developing their player and ensuring that he won't come back to us in the process. If Abraham and Sanches tear it up this year and go for big money moves next summer we get NOTHING.
The thing is, our model depends on selling our most in form players for big money...apart from Abraham and Sanches who else in the squad would you bet on having that kind of season?)

These players are no good and will fetch shite transfer fees;
7) Montero
8) Ki
9) Narsingh
and possibly
10) Van der Hoorn

and we also have;
11) Baston (loaned out)
and
12) Amat (loaned out)

I don't think either have a future here anymore and once again, will bring next to nothing in when they leave.

If we are to believe that we can only purchase based on what we sell it would seem that we need to shift Mawson or Carroll or Clucas for MAJOR dosh next year if we are to have a chance of plugging even 3/4 of the holes.
Frankly, I'm worried.

In particular that Baston money we spent last summer could have sorted out right-back and cover with potential at Centre-back.
A scandalous waste.
Gomis too (which I called at the time), we lost a lot of money there)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024