Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight 15:36 - Apr 9 with 5239 viewsPentyrchJack

Emily Maitlis, host of Newsnight, criticized UK government officials on Wednesday for their language surrounding the coronavirus.

In a clip that has since been widely shared on social media, Maitlis opened Newsnight on Wednesday by rebuking politicians for implying that those with a "fighter" attitude could survive the virus.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/emily-maitlis-praised-as-she-slams-language-u

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 17:20 - Apr 9 with 4156 viewsPegojack

That's her looking for a new job, then
Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 17:30 - Apr 9 with 4136 viewsNotLoyal

I’m unsure is upset, or indeed who the govt upset, or who cares.
Or maybe it’s just more millennial upset between self identifying alleged humans whose lives aren’t on demand anymore.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 17:35 - Apr 9 with 4126 viewsFieryJack

She's spot on.

So much nauseating cant and pious claptrap being spouted during this crisis - mostly from the right because they're scared of how grotesquely exposed the inequalities in the country become at times like this.

And, while I'm on it, I do not enjoy being press-ganged into participating in some nation-wide, self-deluding, sentimental slush-fest, choreographed by the likes of The One Show et al.

If I choose not to participate in this regular Thursday night clap-along I half expect to be shunned by the neighbours for years to come, or a few of them might even rap on my door at 8pm and demand to know why I'm not taking part.
Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 17:41 - Apr 9 with 4083 viewsKilkennyjack

Well done to Emily Maitlis 👏👏👏

Beware of the Risen People

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 18:13 - Apr 9 with 4069 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It’s the same with cancer sufferers. We tend to call survivors fighters but if you have lost a loved one it is often seen as a suggestion that he/she somehow wasn’t a fighter.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 18:35 - Apr 9 with 4031 viewsmonmouth

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 18:13 - Apr 9 by Joe_bradshaw

It’s the same with cancer sufferers. We tend to call survivors fighters but if you have lost a loved one it is often seen as a suggestion that he/she somehow wasn’t a fighter.

Aye, all our bodies fight this shit as hard as we can, mainly because it is hardwired in. To imply that it is a personal lack of resolve if THE DISEASE kills you, is quite ridiculous. I’m glad she called it out. Hopefully she’ll call out all the moronic war metaphors next.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 19:17 - Apr 9 with 3976 viewsPegojack

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 17:35 - Apr 9 by FieryJack

She's spot on.

So much nauseating cant and pious claptrap being spouted during this crisis - mostly from the right because they're scared of how grotesquely exposed the inequalities in the country become at times like this.

And, while I'm on it, I do not enjoy being press-ganged into participating in some nation-wide, self-deluding, sentimental slush-fest, choreographed by the likes of The One Show et al.

If I choose not to participate in this regular Thursday night clap-along I half expect to be shunned by the neighbours for years to come, or a few of them might even rap on my door at 8pm and demand to know why I'm not taking part.

When they said we're having a clap for Boris, I thought they said crap for Boris, so I had a shyte for him.
Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 19:25 - Apr 9 with 3956 viewsblackpooljack

What was gripping my shit the other night was first up was the story of BJ being in hospital whilst the story of the nurse who had died at home after he'd been refused admittance to a hospital 4 times was way down the list of importance
Login to get fewer ads

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 19:29 - Apr 9 with 3949 viewsBrynCartwright

Well done Pento for bringing this to my attention. She was on the button.

Tits like Madonna soaking in a milky bath with masses of petals, talking absolute garbage about the virus being a leveller are not in the real world. She can fortress up in one of her mansions, while the bloke or lady that stocks the supermarket shelves or wipes some poor old person's bottom is being much more frequently exposed to the virus.

Hats off Emily.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 19:54 - Apr 9 with 3917 viewsCatullus

People can't win whatever they say, they're either bleeding hearts or heartless and anywhere in between.

If the government didn't talk about fighting this that'd be wrong too. For a tolerant society we atre very intolerant of people's opinions.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight (n/t) on 19:58 - Apr 9 with 3912 viewshowenjack

CLAP FOR CARERS 8 P.M TONIGHT
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 19:59]
Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 20:43 - Apr 9 with 3849 viewsFlashberryjack

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 19:54 - Apr 9 by Catullus

People can't win whatever they say, they're either bleeding hearts or heartless and anywhere in between.

If the government didn't talk about fighting this that'd be wrong too. For a tolerant society we atre very intolerant of people's opinions.

"For a tolerant society we are very intolerant of people's opinions"

All depends on who gives the opinion.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 00:55 - Apr 10 with 3745 viewswestside

Suprised the Brexit politicians haven't said people need to believe more to beat the virus
Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 01:24 - Apr 10 with 3731 viewstheloneranger

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 19:17 - Apr 9 by Pegojack

When they said we're having a clap for Boris, I thought they said crap for Boris, so I had a shyte for him.

I thought they said Boris had the clap.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 08:18 - Apr 10 with 3667 viewsGlyn1

People living in one room and people with a garden are obviously not in the same boat. Which is why closing the parks is a terrible idea.

Here in London, Kensington Gardens (next to Kensington Palace) = kept open. But Victoria Park (east London, poverty all around it) = closed for weeks.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 09:22 - Apr 10 with 3622 viewsJackinexile1

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 08:18 - Apr 10 by Glyn1

People living in one room and people with a garden are obviously not in the same boat. Which is why closing the parks is a terrible idea.

Here in London, Kensington Gardens (next to Kensington Palace) = kept open. But Victoria Park (east London, poverty all around it) = closed for weeks.

My brother told me they have re-opened Victoria Park for the weekend?
Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 11:11 - Apr 10 with 3562 viewspikeypaul

Who would have thought it?

BBC trying to use the worldwide health crisis for its far left political agenda, they and all like them should be ashamed of themselves.the same ones hoping certain people die if it, labour really are the nasty party, in fact replace nasty with vile.

Maitlis and the rest of the Newsnight team pushing their political propaganda, rather than reporting an unbiased/ balanced account of the news which is their remit when using our money.

No wonder it’s only time before the license fee will become history.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 11:44]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 21:33 - Apr 10 with 3476 viewsEbo

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 11:11 - Apr 10 by pikeypaul

BBC trying to use the worldwide health crisis for its far left political agenda, they and all like them should be ashamed of themselves.the same ones hoping certain people die if it, labour really are the nasty party, in fact replace nasty with vile.

Maitlis and the rest of the Newsnight team pushing their political propaganda, rather than reporting an unbiased/ balanced account of the news which is their remit when using our money.

Oh do shut the f uck up you tedious f ucking shit goblin.

You are embarrassed by the fact she has exposed the truth about the current situation. Chickens are coming home to roost, and when they do, they will crap all over the likes of you.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 05:00 - Apr 11 with 3396 viewspikeypaul

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 21:33 - Apr 10 by Ebo

Oh do shut the f uck up you tedious f ucking shit goblin.

You are embarrassed by the fact she has exposed the truth about the current situation. Chickens are coming home to roost, and when they do, they will crap all over the likes of you.

Hahaha, nice little tantrum son.

Another piece of shit trying to use the crisis for his political agenda and hoping people die.

Shameful

What she actually said is that it’s people like you that are going to be “crapped on”not the likes of me,and the gap between wealthy and poor will rise due to the consuqences of the virus not just in the UK but worldwide.

Anyway another beautiful Easter weekend to enjoy.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 11 Apr 2020 6:08]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 06:38 - Apr 11 with 3351 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 11:11 - Apr 10 by pikeypaul

Yes that’s right. Who could forget the excellent backing given to Labour which enabled them to gain a historic landslide victory for Jeremy Corbyn. Your parallel universe must be a great place to live in.

Perhaps the BBC is finally waking up and smelling the coffee.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 18:53 - Apr 11 with 3270 viewsEbo

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 05:00 - Apr 11 by pikeypaul

Hahaha, nice little tantrum son.

Another piece of shit trying to use the crisis for his political agenda and hoping people die.

Shameful

What she actually said is that it’s people like you that are going to be “crapped on”not the likes of me,and the gap between wealthy and poor will rise due to the consuqences of the virus not just in the UK but worldwide.

Anyway another beautiful Easter weekend to enjoy.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 11 Apr 2020 6:08]

The bunch of kunts you admire were calling nurses low skilled a few weeks ago. The same bunch of kunts who helped 900+ people to die in a single day because of piss poor organization, ignorance and underfunding.

900+ people die and the headlines read 'Boris is out of bed" which goes to show it was one big sick PR stunt. You do not spend 3 days in ICU with the virus and then be sitting up laughing and in high spirits. He took up a bed that could have been used for someone that really needed it.

Imagine someone messed up so badly at work that 10,000 people died and they 'almost' died themselves through their own carelessness. Now imagine that they were greeted as a 'hero' for 'surviving' and the dead barely mentioned. That is where we are at right now.

It is your bunch who are playing politics with people's lives, not us.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2020 19:16]

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 19:00 - Apr 11 with 3246 viewslittlejack

My wife was in ICU with Pneumonia and multi organ failure.iI was called into the office where the consultant stated there was nothing more they could do and she would probably pass away within 24 hrs.I went back to her bedside distraught only to be told by the nurse that she had worked on ICU for over twenty years and a patient's will to live is as important as the care they are given,some patients who should live die because they havent the will to survive and the reverse happens in people who should really die.
She said "I've got to know Lisa over the last few days, ,she's got spirit and having two young children everything to live for,don't listen to the the medical evidence im sure she will survive.
The next day she started to improve and left the hospital ten days later.
Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 19:16 - Apr 11 with 3226 viewsEbo

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 19:00 - Apr 11 by littlejack

My wife was in ICU with Pneumonia and multi organ failure.iI was called into the office where the consultant stated there was nothing more they could do and she would probably pass away within 24 hrs.I went back to her bedside distraught only to be told by the nurse that she had worked on ICU for over twenty years and a patient's will to live is as important as the care they are given,some patients who should live die because they havent the will to survive and the reverse happens in people who should really die.
She said "I've got to know Lisa over the last few days, ,she's got spirit and having two young children everything to live for,don't listen to the the medical evidence im sure she will survive.

Glad she is home mate.

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 19:20 - Apr 11 with 3221 viewsHighjack

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 19:00 - Apr 11 by littlejack

Good stuff.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Well said Emily Maitlis on Newsnight on 19:24 - Apr 11 with 3218 viewsdickythorpe

That's lifted me Littlejack.
Great news
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024