Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Failing our kids again.......... 07:13 - Jan 13 with 2814 viewssaint22

.......and lining their cronies pockets
How much more incompetence is this government capable of...?

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2021/jan/12/what-am-i-supposed-to-make-wit
Failing our kids again.......... on 19:25 - Jan 14 with 409 viewsSaintsforeverj

Failing our kids again.......... on 19:12 - Jan 14 by Vagina_Dentata

I’m honestly unsure what your real point is?
We should let the children starve as a punishment for poor parenting? Not withstanding that a high number not reading or feeding properly doesn’t means that it’s the majority.
It’s also not necessarily the same children that aren’t fed as the ones that are not read to. That’s your prejudice showing.

Just to be clear again, you’re advocating letting children go without meals because you believe some parents to be substandard?
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 19:15]

I'm suggesting that some of the parents that say they can't afford to feed their children, perhaps could be a bit more responsible. Would you say that the parents you meet, are so impoverished that they can't afford to feed their kids? If the kids have tablets why can't they afford to feed their kids? If parents arn't feeding their kids, surely that's neglect? Hold the parents to account, and ensure they feed them, not just accept bad parenting. How many parents do you think genuinely can't afford to feed them or is it an excuse?
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 19:26]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Failing our kids again.......... on 19:38 - Jan 14 with 393 viewsVagina_Dentata

Failing our kids again.......... on 19:25 - Jan 14 by Saintsforeverj

I'm suggesting that some of the parents that say they can't afford to feed their children, perhaps could be a bit more responsible. Would you say that the parents you meet, are so impoverished that they can't afford to feed their kids? If the kids have tablets why can't they afford to feed their kids? If parents arn't feeding their kids, surely that's neglect? Hold the parents to account, and ensure they feed them, not just accept bad parenting. How many parents do you think genuinely can't afford to feed them or is it an excuse?
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 19:26]

I’ve already spoken about the tablet/console point several times but to add to it you can buy a kindle for 20 quid and I would argue that some form of information technology in the household has become essential for a variety of reasons. Being plonked in front it is a separate issue to the meals and the idea of wealth/poverty.

I think we agree to some extent on parent responsibility, although this does not apply to the majority. Where we differ, it seems, is that I do not view this as a reason to punish children.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Failing our kids again.......... on 19:44 - Jan 14 with 381 viewsSaintsforeverj

Failing our kids again.......... on 19:38 - Jan 14 by Vagina_Dentata

I’ve already spoken about the tablet/console point several times but to add to it you can buy a kindle for 20 quid and I would argue that some form of information technology in the household has become essential for a variety of reasons. Being plonked in front it is a separate issue to the meals and the idea of wealth/poverty.

I think we agree to some extent on parent responsibility, although this does not apply to the majority. Where we differ, it seems, is that I do not view this as a reason to punish children.

I am not saying that we should let the kids starve. I'm saying that we should make parents feed their kids, hold them to account and if they don't it's neglect and take action. I'm saying that to just give free meals to irresponsible parents to give to their kids is to say their bad parenting is ok. What message will this serve in the long term, continued bad parenting? There may be a few exceptions but we are accepting irresponsibility and encouraging it. I suspect you have met parents who don't feed their kids, but could if they were more responsible. Don't let kids starve, get tougher with the parents instead of just accepting it.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 19:58]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024