Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will we be disorientated today? 11:55 - Feb 6 with 1639 viewsgerry_us

Obviously depends on if the rain ever stops I suppose, and if the named team members actually know each other!
Time will tell.
Will we be disorientated today? on 17:06 - Feb 8 with 446 viewsdurham_exile

Will we be disorientated today? on 11:32 - Feb 8 by RSCOSWORTH

In the short highlights I watched most of Orient's attacks came down our left side, did our new left back not have the best of debuts or were the highlights a little misleading?

RS - I know that highlights can be misleading.

Doherty wasn't match fit and so there were some misplaced tackles and passes. He was replaced in due course by Clampin.

I reckon after some games he will show more promise. But we are not short of cover in that department.

Wiredu was good, SB played him in the number 10 slot.

When Pell is back SB will have a decision to make with Stevenson, Chilvers, Pell, Lapslie and Wiredu all vying for three slots.

I'm sorry to say that when he came on Senior was poor. He fails to challenge sufficiently well. He doesn't make lung busteing runs or dribbles which at one time he was doing rather better than now and his shooting would clear the Aaron Skelton memorial netting.

Big Frank offered a lot and his header crossed the line. I very much regret that SB didn't play Jevani Brown which was a mistake.

This weekend is now a must win.

The season has gone and it is all about survival now. Harsh perhaps but true.

Up the U's

PS It is too late this season for a managerial change. Noone is going to come with the club facing mid table mediocrity.

Durham_exile

Will we be disorientated today? on 17:43 - Feb 8 with 427 viewsmfb_cufc

It is definitely not too late for a managerial change, but the only way it is going to happen is if Ball resigns, as Cowling will not sack him.

PS There is another way Ball could leave. John McGreal is favourite for the Port Vale managers job. If he got it he might want Ball to be his assistant, as they seemed to get on well together.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 18:04]

mfb

Will we be disorientated today? on 18:54 - Feb 8 with 415 viewswessex_exile

Will we be disorientated today? on 17:06 - Feb 8 by durham_exile

RS - I know that highlights can be misleading.

Doherty wasn't match fit and so there were some misplaced tackles and passes. He was replaced in due course by Clampin.

I reckon after some games he will show more promise. But we are not short of cover in that department.

Wiredu was good, SB played him in the number 10 slot.

When Pell is back SB will have a decision to make with Stevenson, Chilvers, Pell, Lapslie and Wiredu all vying for three slots.

I'm sorry to say that when he came on Senior was poor. He fails to challenge sufficiently well. He doesn't make lung busteing runs or dribbles which at one time he was doing rather better than now and his shooting would clear the Aaron Skelton memorial netting.

Big Frank offered a lot and his header crossed the line. I very much regret that SB didn't play Jevani Brown which was a mistake.

This weekend is now a must win.

The season has gone and it is all about survival now. Harsh perhaps but true.

Up the U's

PS It is too late this season for a managerial change. Noone is going to come with the club facing mid table mediocrity.

Think you're right about Doherty - he made a good run up the left wing first half which showed promise, but he just seemed to run out of puff when he reached the 18-yard line. I don't think he's going to be another Clampin, think he's far more defensively-minded in his style, but definitely has potential. Big Frank caused problems all day, and had a good new debut, and I liked some of the link-up play with Wiredu at times. I'll take your word for the goal, as I haven't seen a replay to analyse yet, but then again Orient should have already been 1-0 up, so I suppose these things even out? A solid full debut for George too - one or two slightly alarming moments when he had to take a second touch to get the ball under control, and injuries aside I think he's not quite ready to replace Gerken as the first choice, but again has potential. For me, Lapslie was MoM, almost back to his terrier-like best, just needs a few more games to get fully match fit. For those that rather it wasn't so, I'm afraid to say that Ball will definitely be our manager through to the end of the season, and if he can pull us comfortably back into the top half, certainly our manager to start next season. As you say Durham, the rest of this season is about survival both on and off the pitch - do that and I'll count it as a (limited) success.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Will we be disorientated today? on 20:19 - Feb 8 with 399 viewsgerry_us

Sad to have come to such a state that staying in Div. 2 will be seen as a successful season. Can't believe that you really will accept that Wessex because I can't. Chairman has to act NOW
Will we be disorientated today? on 00:36 - Feb 9 with 372 viewswessex_exile

Will we be disorientated today? on 20:19 - Feb 8 by gerry_us

Sad to have come to such a state that staying in Div. 2 will be seen as a successful season. Can't believe that you really will accept that Wessex because I can't. Chairman has to act NOW

This season, I’ll accept survival Gerry. If you can’t, what then?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Will we be disorientated today? on 10:30 - Feb 9 with 341 viewsgerry_us

Will we be disorientated today? on 00:36 - Feb 9 by wessex_exile

This season, I’ll accept survival Gerry. If you can’t, what then?

Mmmm! Been there before; but please not again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024