Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR 12:30 - Mar 20 with 3010 viewsMattFinish

Ridiculous decision again
VAR on 22:35 - Mar 20 with 922 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

VAR on 14:17 - Mar 20 by cocklebreath

It really is killing the game, every goal you have to wait to celebrate properly, how is that an improvement?

Yep. I haven't actually cheered a single Saints goal properly for a while now because of VAR and the delay.

Maybe it'd be different in the ground with beer in me, but currently I suspect not as I've grown accustomed to waiting for confirmation ...

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

VAR on 23:33 - Mar 20 with 888 viewsElijahK

VAR on 13:06 - Mar 20 by dirk_doone

His elbow was offside apparently because no other part of him was. It seems with VAR that you have to have every part of your body at least 6 inches onside. Otherwise it's offside. The old rules that in line was onside and only parts of the body that could legally play the ball could be offside seem to have been changed by VAR.

Who is the ref on VAR today?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 13:13]

David Coote did VAR today

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

VAR on 23:37 - Mar 20 with 884 viewsdirk_doone

VAR on 23:33 - Mar 20 by ElijahK

Thanks.

I see from his Wiki entry that he has a bit of history with VAR and he's not very good at it:

"In February 2020, Coote was the video assistant referee for the match between Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur. During the game, Giovani Lo Celso committed a serious foul when he stamped on Chelsea's Cesar Azpilicueta. On reviewing the incident, Coote deemed the foul not worthy of a red card and Lo Celso escaped a sending off. Coote would later admit to having erred and stated he should have recommended a red card for Lo Celso.

In October of the same year, Coote was again the VAR referee for a derby game. This time between Everton and Liverpool in the Merseyside derby. During the game, Jordan Pickford made a dangerous tackle on Virgil van Dijk in the penalty area, rupturing the latter's cruciate ligament. Coote correctly refused to give a penalty kick due to an offside in the build up. However, due to the offside, he controversially refused to give a red card to Pickford in spite of the challenge clearly endangering the opposition player. The on-field referee, Michael Oliver, later admitted that he should have sent Pickford off."
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 23:57]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

VAR on 11:30 - Mar 21 with 812 viewssaint22

VAR on 23:33 - Mar 20 by ElijahK

He is another inept ref

On another note what happened to the t shirt rule??
VAR on 12:10 - Mar 21 with 799 viewsJaySaint

Both were correct decisions....like it or not

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

VAR on 15:29 - Mar 21 with 754 viewsDorsetIan

VAR on 12:10 - Mar 21 by JaySaint

Both were correct decisions....like it or not

The first one wasn’t. KWP was level with the last defender.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

VAR on 19:21 - Mar 24 with 624 viewsdirk_doone

You could imagine Mike Dean saying something like this in our games:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/ice-hockey/56515077

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024