Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad Depth 15:58 - Aug 11 with 2029 viewsButty101

That squad looks like it has a lot of unknowns and actaully weaker than last season. Leftback has Dnejpo covering which cant be the answer.

If Vestguard leaves we have lost 3 of our nailed on first team players this summer and replaced them with punts.

Goalkeepers
Forster/McCarthy/Lewis

Defence
KWP/Livramento/Valery
Perraud/Djnepo
Bednerek/Stephens
Salisu

Midfield
JWP/Diallo
Romeu/Smallbone
Armstong/Dnepo/Elyounoussi
Walcott/Redmond

Forwards
Armstong/Long/Obafemi
Adams/Tella/Broja

Assume we lose Obafemi/Long/Valery/Vestergaard

Edit removed Vestergaard
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 8:49]

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Squad Depth on 16:38 - Aug 11 with 1976 viewsHeisenberg

Isnt there another Chelsea centre half ? But yes it is light. We need left back and a defensive midfielder at least. I would get rid of Obafemi and Long. What about NDulu ?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Squad Depth on 17:34 - Aug 11 with 1922 viewsdirk_doone

Squad Depth on 16:38 - Aug 11 by Heisenberg

Isnt there another Chelsea centre half ? But yes it is light. We need left back and a defensive midfielder at least. I would get rid of Obafemi and Long. What about NDulu ?

He's been loaned to Lincoln.

If results are good, the squad will appear fine; if results are bad, it won't. I'm hoping for the former.

Livramento, Tella and Amstrong could be really exciting to watch this season. The defence is still a bit of a concern though and there is the ever present danger that Ralph might pick McCarthy again.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 17:34]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Squad Depth on 17:39 - Aug 11 with 1912 viewssaint22

Squad Depth on 17:34 - Aug 11 by dirk_doone

He's been loaned to Lincoln.

If results are good, the squad will appear fine; if results are bad, it won't. I'm hoping for the former.

Livramento, Tella and Amstrong could be really exciting to watch this season. The defence is still a bit of a concern though and there is the ever present danger that Ralph might pick McCarthy again.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 17:34]

A bit of a concern????
It seems to me Ralph has a huge blind spot where defence and keepers are concerned! It’s a big worry ahead of a thin squad season
Squad Depth on 18:30 - Aug 11 with 1854 viewsVeloSaint

Short of us buying proven premier league quality, every transfer is a 'punt'. In fact bar maybe a dozen games Vest has looked anything but premier league quality. We've a tough start but its going to be interesting to see where we are 8-10 games in. If we lose Vestergaard he gets replaced and Ralph was talking up a DM/CD signing just a few days ago, can't believe thats changed post the Bilbao game.
Squad Depth on 21:00 - Aug 11 with 1769 viewsMonksway

Crisis management fine. Bertrand and Ings replaced with "potential" Plus backup KWP in Livramento. But have we really addressed defensive issues. Same goal keepers, right back, central defence and central midfield. Still work to do in addition to replacing Vestagard.
Squad Depth on 07:19 - Aug 12 with 1612 viewsMattFinish

Squad Depth on 17:39 - Aug 11 by saint22

A bit of a concern????
It seems to me Ralph has a huge blind spot where defence and keepers are concerned! It’s a big worry ahead of a thin squad season

What do you mean Ralph has a blind spot. He's said he wanted to strengthen the defence, instead the board have let two of our best defenders go for a grand total of £12m. Do you seriously think Ralph has planned to have Djnepo as left back?
Our defence which was our weakness last season has now been decimated so instead of strengthening our defence we'll be lucky if it's as good as last season. No offence to Stephens but he's not good enough but will probably be one of our main defenders this season.
If we get injuries and suspensions we could be in the position where our defence is McCarthy, Valery, Salisu, Stephens and Djenepo with youth team defenders on the bench
Squad Depth on 08:48 - Aug 12 with 1562 viewsButty101

Squad Depth on 07:19 - Aug 12 by MattFinish

What do you mean Ralph has a blind spot. He's said he wanted to strengthen the defence, instead the board have let two of our best defenders go for a grand total of £12m. Do you seriously think Ralph has planned to have Djnepo as left back?
Our defence which was our weakness last season has now been decimated so instead of strengthening our defence we'll be lucky if it's as good as last season. No offence to Stephens but he's not good enough but will probably be one of our main defenders this season.
If we get injuries and suspensions we could be in the position where our defence is McCarthy, Valery, Salisu, Stephens and Djenepo with youth team defenders on the bench

No Matt, you have it all wrong - Nick and co keep saying the squad is stronger as we have some untried chelsea youth players.....

Squad Depth on 10:03 - Aug 12 with 1501 viewspjt50

Improvement doesn't just come from bringing in new players, it also comes from developing the players that we've got. We know this is the philosophy of the club & Ralph's modus operandi.

The outgoings make perfect sense. None of them were going to get any better. It's left us with a younger & fitter squad that's likely to improve over the next 2-3 seasons, even if this season has its ups & downs.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Login to get fewer ads

Squad Depth on 15:34 - Aug 12 with 1427 viewsMattFinish

Squad Depth on 08:48 - Aug 12 by Butty101

No Matt, you have it all wrong - Nick and co keep saying the squad is stronger as we have some untried chelsea youth players.....

I stand corrected
Squad Depth on 15:42 - Aug 12 with 1418 viewsdirk_doone

Squad Depth on 21:00 - Aug 11 by Monksway

Crisis management fine. Bertrand and Ings replaced with "potential" Plus backup KWP in Livramento. But have we really addressed defensive issues. Same goal keepers, right back, central defence and central midfield. Still work to do in addition to replacing Vestagard.

Livramento is a hell of a lot better than 'backup' for KWP and therein lies the problem if you have 2 good Premier League quality players in every position. They will get hacked off if they are not playing regularly in the first team and so will seek first team football elsewhere. Big clubs like Man City and Chelsea can just about get away with it because they have the lure of big bucks and trophies and they are involved in Europe as well as long runs to the finals of cup competitions so both players get plenty of quality games.

It's a difficult balancing act to have replacements who are good enough yet not so good that they want a regular first team place.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 15:43]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Squad Depth on 17:53 - Aug 12 with 1368 viewsdwayne_dibley

Please DON'T PANIC

we have Olly Lancashire

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Squad Depth on 23:51 - Aug 12 with 1239 viewsKRAZYB

Squad Depth on 17:53 - Aug 12 by dwayne_dibley

Please DON'T PANIC

we have Olly Lancashire

Squad Depth on 08:36 - Aug 13 with 1161 viewsMattFinish

So we're going into the opening game of the season With 3 CBs available, Bednarek, Stephens and Salisu. Bednarek is reliable but not top quality, Stephens is FLC/L1 at best and Salisu is an inexperienced 21 year old. Our defence wasn't good enough last season and we go into the game missing our best CB.
But never mind Gao is a good owner apparently.
A good owner who's not prepared to invest any of his money and don't forget his worth is more than the owners of Leeds, WHU, Everton, Liverpool, Newcastle and Leicester
Squad Depth on 09:38 - Aug 13 with 1130 viewsbarry_sanchez

That squad is the shittest by some margin since we got back in this League, when the titanic hit that iceberg I suppose some knew pretty quickly they were f**ked, this is a similar feeling, ah well the Championship is better and fat Kat and Gao will be a lot skinter so every cloud.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Squad Depth on 08:39 - Aug 14 with 976 viewsMattFinish

Let's face it we've more or less gone full circle to before Markus took over.
Squad Depth on 10:44 - Aug 14 with 880 viewsSadoldgit

Here we go again, writing the team off before a ball has been kicked.
I don’t believe that anyone has ever said that Gao is a good owner, just that we could have worse. Livramento can play as a back up LB if needed so the only cover isn’t Djenepo.There was a time when people were willing to drive Vestergaard to another club themselves. Now there is a wailing and gnashing of teeth because he has gone. We could well be rubbish this season and his replacement could end up being worse, but why the constant need to get the moaning in first before these things happen?
Squad Depth on 13:07 - Aug 14 with 813 viewsButty101

Squad Depth on 10:44 - Aug 14 by Sadoldgit

I don’t believe that anyone has ever said that Gao is a good owner, just that we could have worse. Livramento can play as a back up LB if needed so the only cover isn’t Djenepo.There was a time when people were willing to drive Vestergaard to another club themselves. Now there is a wailing and gnashing of teeth because he has gone. We could well be rubbish this season and his replacement could end up being worse, but why the constant need to get the moaning in first before these things happen?

Have you seen Livramento play left back?

Squad Depth on 13:16 - Aug 14 with 799 viewsJaySaint

When has Livramento played LB. Tell us about it

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Squad Depth on 19:05 - Aug 15 with 673 viewsbarry_sanchez

So you're sitting on the fence, you're 3 years late, for those 3 years we've progressively got worse, that apathy is an affront to proper fans, we're shit and we're shit for the reason of selling our best players and not replacing them adequately, you remind me of woke Labour questioning why they're fu**ed, they're also fu**ed as they arrogantly believe they can carry on without listening to their heartlands and traditional voters, you're not only wrong but wholly misguided.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024