Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brilliant England 12:58 - Aug 16 with 2594 viewsgrumpy

England’s lionesses 😀😀😀
Brilliant England on 23:38 - Aug 17 with 373 viewshedgeend61

Brilliant England on 22:34 - Aug 17 by Heisenberg

Turn the match on at kick off. Don’t watch the half time nonsense then turn it off as soon as the game ends. And don’t listen to talk sport or football phone ins. Job done. I occasionally listen to Radio 5s Monday night discussion but they have now got Clinton innit Morrison on it so that one’s gone as well. It’s all bollox.

Probably best to mute the commentary as well as the women commentators are terrible.

Got some kind of interest as my daughter played in the 2nd tier a few years back for Oxford, but she can see what I can see that the so called pundits can't.
Semi v Aussie we gave the ball away far to easy, the defender backed off for about 20 yards for Kerr's wonder strike, how about putting in a tackle, and 10 players in the box daydreaming at 2-1 to give an unmissable chance from 6 yards which an unmarked Kerr somehow skied when it was easier to score.

Lets hope they can keep the ball a lot better in the final, then hopefully they'll win it,
Brilliant England on 00:58 - Aug 18 with 326 viewsmountsaint

They are (England ) a team that play well and not afraid to put a bit of effort in tackles. I went to see the USA v Portugal game 43000 people amazing atmosphere. Cannot wait until Sunday for the final but doubly pleased we knocked the Aussies out in the Semi. Watch if you haven't already and give the girls your support.
Brilliant England on 10:12 - Aug 18 with 264 viewssaint901

There's certainly a debate to be had about whether female professionals should be paid the same as their male counterparts.

For me, this is a question of supply and demand. The men's game rakes in billions and rewards the stars accordingly. The women's game is not there yet and should pay accordingly.

There is an argument that says the money in the men's game should be used to grow the game and expand it and that "investing" in the women's game is ultimately worth doing. For example, would women who have not really watched or attended men's games, be more likely to do so if their interest was captured by the womens' game?

I do also agree that some of those sitting alongside the commentators (who are generally pretty good) are hard to listen to. Football punditry is all about how many cliche's can be packed into the mouth of the pundits and all sexes are guilty of this.

In the semi though, the BBC pundit was clearly watching a different game! She said England had their backs to the wall and were defending desperately when in fact we were knocking the ball around and keeping hold of it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024