Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Profiteering from a ST 15:28 - Sep 5 with 6555 viewsBlackCrowe

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/qpr/Sports-Tickets/Football/Barclays-Premier-League/Que

Not good.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Profiteering from a ST on 15:56 - Sep 5 with 4242 viewsN12Hoop

Disgrace. You should only be allowed to sell at face value in my view. This is just an official vehicle for ticket touts. I would never try and make profit out of my ticket if I couldn't go.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Profiteering from a ST on 16:08 - Sep 5 with 4200 viewskensalriser

That's pretty effed up.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Profiteering from a ST on 16:09 - Sep 5 with 4196 viewsJeff

agreed all round, but seriously, who is stupid enough to spend £300 on a ticket?

(i'll give em mine for £250... )

Can we not knock it?

Profiteering from a ST on 16:25 - Sep 5 with 4156 viewsJonDoeman

Profiteering from a ST on 16:09 - Sep 5 by Jeff

agreed all round, but seriously, who is stupid enough to spend £300 on a ticket?

(i'll give em mine for £250... )

Better get an extra one next year !

It Is What It Is !!

Profiteering from a ST on 16:30 - Sep 5 with 4135 viewsCogster

Surely this is against the terms and conditions of original sale?

is this club sponsored?.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Profiteering from a ST on 16:37 - Sep 5 with 4104 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

And how do they check you support the R's with the fact being they make a percentage of the sale so they won't turn business away IMHO
Profiteering from a ST on 16:45 - Sep 5 with 4072 viewslinda08

Profiteering from a ST on 16:37 - Sep 5 by Sudbury_Hill_R

And how do they check you support the R's with the fact being they make a percentage of the sale so they won't turn business away IMHO

This is a topic the OSC has previously raised with the Club. However, I've raised this particular instance with the Marketing team and will let you know how it progresses.
Profiteering from a ST on 16:46 - Sep 5 with 4061 viewsWeaverQPR

So does viagogo have access to the QPR database? Should qpr be allowing a third party access to the database?

@WeavQPR

Login to get fewer ads

Profiteering from a ST on 17:02 - Sep 5 with 4019 viewsfinney

Very wrong and the club backing this is more than shocking
Profiteering from a ST on 17:08 - Sep 5 with 4003 viewsToast_R

£300 for 1 ticket in the Pu block?

Who'd actually be that dumb to pay out such money, and if that can afford it, why aint they in a box?

Didnt even go to this last season cos couldnt be arsed with the train strike and as it was on TV and was nursing a hangover, wasnt too bothered either.
Profiteering from a ST on 17:42 - Sep 5 with 3928 viewsjonno

I'm sure it's actually illegal to sell tickets at more than face value.
Profiteering from a ST on 18:04 - Sep 5 with 3885 viewswarwickhoop

Profiteering from a ST on 17:42 - Sep 5 by jonno

Why would it be illegal? On what grounds. If you bought a £10k list price car, and sold it for £12k. Is it illegal. If you have a personal asset you have the right to (try) and sell it for whatever you wish dependant on demand.
Added to the fact that almost everyone is feeling the pinch why not try and earn a bit, if someone is stupid enough to pay for it.
I am not saying it is right, and I am not selling mine.
Just playing devils advocate.
The club needs to take action, like the RFU have done.
Ban the sellers from making future purchases of tickets.
Until the Club steps in with penalties and definitive action, it will continue.
Profiteering from a ST on 18:31 - Sep 5 with 3826 viewshamptonhillhoop

Some of those tickets are in the family stand. How does that work then?
Profiteering from a ST on 18:37 - Sep 5 with 3813 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

When I've enquired about tickets for mates, even the cup game, I was told if I'm not bringing a child then no entry to the Lower Loft, so this does look v dodgy.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Profiteering from a ST on 18:37 - Sep 5 with 3812 viewsnadera78

The obvious thing for the club to do would be for season ticket holders to be able to sell tickets they can't use through the club, in stead of via an outside agency. Then they can control who the purchaser is. Of course, this would require the box office to actually do some work so is a non-starter.
Profiteering from a ST on 18:56 - Sep 5 with 3759 viewssmegma

Profiteering from a ST on 18:37 - Sep 5 by nadera78

The obvious thing for the club to do would be for season ticket holders to be able to sell tickets they can't use through the club, in stead of via an outside agency. Then they can control who the purchaser is. Of course, this would require the box office to actually do some work so is a non-starter.

They do already. The outside agency is called VIAGOGO. The club gets about £10 for every ticket sold like this via VIAGOGO.
Profiteering from a ST on 18:59 - Sep 5 with 3751 viewsMarc

Profiteering from a ST on 18:56 - Sep 5 by smegma

They do already. The outside agency is called VIAGOGO. The club gets about £10 for every ticket sold like this via VIAGOGO.

Yeah I think you will notice he said without an Outside agency.
Profiteering from a ST on 19:34 - Sep 5 with 3696 viewsMatch82

This is common in the US, I'm not a fan.

The idea of being able to resell tickets you can't use is great, but IMO the ticket holder shouldn't be able to make a profit.

List it for whatever price you want - first 5 quid over face value should go to viagogo (after all, they're going to charge something for hosting this service), all extra money should go the club and/or charity.

Profiteering from a ST on 19:40 - Sep 5 with 3680 viewsMarc

Profiteering from a ST on 19:34 - Sep 5 by Match82

This is common in the US, I'm not a fan.

The idea of being able to resell tickets you can't use is great, but IMO the ticket holder shouldn't be able to make a profit.

List it for whatever price you want - first 5 quid over face value should go to viagogo (after all, they're going to charge something for hosting this service), all extra money should go the club and/or charity.

Pretty sure there is a £16 booking fee that goes to Viagogo as well
Profiteering from a ST on 19:50 - Sep 5 with 3660 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

And who's to say it's not the club or anyone working for the club themselves selling the tickets way above cost?
Profiteering from a ST on 19:54 - Sep 5 with 3651 viewsM40R

Profiteering from a ST on 17:42 - Sep 5 by jonno

I thought this at first bit Wikipedia has the answer ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticket_resale )

"In the United Kingdom resale of football tickets is illegal under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 unless the resale is authorized by the organiser of the match. Secondary ticketing market StubHub have signed partnership agreements with Sunderland and Everton for 2012/13 season, whilst competitor viagogo hold partnerships with Chelsea and other clubs."

So the club, as organiser, is authorising the arrangement. Sounds like this has not been thought through properly - we must limit resale to face value to avoid abuse.

In answer to other questions, I've not signed up yet but went down the process as far as I could. To sale you must register and quote your Fan Ref no. The sale fee etc is paid by the buyer, not the seller, on top of the listed price. I guess the club then blocks your season card for that match and sends out a ticket. Not sure how the club gets its slice.
Profiteering from a ST on 19:56 - Sep 5 with 3646 viewssmegma

Profiteering from a ST on 18:59 - Sep 5 by Marc

Yeah I think you will notice he said without an Outside agency.

Profiteering from a ST on 20:20 - Sep 5 with 3606 viewsEalingHoop81

There's always something to moan about isn't there!!??

I think the club entering this partnership is excellent. Every year I have had to miss a number of games through holidays, work trips and other commitments etc. In the past I've had to leave my seat empty or on occasions leant my ticket to a mate. This has led to non QPR fans being sat in the R block. In fact last year the WBA and Everton games had opposition fans in my seat. I knew they wouldn't celebrate if their team scored but I would much rather they saw their team than the ticket went unused. This is the same issue we all get pi55ed off about with the Olympics and corporate tickets in general.

Now the club has given us a method of recycling the tickets to legitimate QPR fans and all everyone can do is find the negatives! Yes it's outrageous that someone is trying to get £300 for a Chelsea ticket, but it's bl00dy supply and demand. If someone is stupid enough to pay it then good luck to them. If this were any other form of sale transaction we were talking about everyone would say good luck to them.

As for only being able to sell at face value, what would then happen for games that didn't sell out and therefore led to tickets not being sold? Would the club guarantee a minimum repurchase? No of course not - but it seems inequitable to prohibit making money on ticket A of you are going to lose money on ticket B.

For those of you who haven't signed up yet, I did last week. It was quick and efficient and as I'm on holiday tried to sell my WH ticket. I wasn't sure of the price on general sale because it wasn't out yet so asked for £35. It sold within a day on e the general sale opened and I'll see £30.80. If I miss the same number of home games as last year and get that price it'll make my ticket £480 and avoids there being a space in my seat, like there was for Bolton and Man City......

I'm going to step carefully off my soap box, perhaps a couple on others should do the same with the high horse.....
Profiteering from a ST on 20:20 - Sep 5 with 3606 viewsNW5Hoop

And to think I only got £45 for my two tickets for the Swansea game. ;)
Profiteering from a ST on 20:23 - Sep 5 with 3594 viewsMarc

Profiteering from a ST on 20:20 - Sep 5 by EalingHoop81

There's always something to moan about isn't there!!??

I think the club entering this partnership is excellent. Every year I have had to miss a number of games through holidays, work trips and other commitments etc. In the past I've had to leave my seat empty or on occasions leant my ticket to a mate. This has led to non QPR fans being sat in the R block. In fact last year the WBA and Everton games had opposition fans in my seat. I knew they wouldn't celebrate if their team scored but I would much rather they saw their team than the ticket went unused. This is the same issue we all get pi55ed off about with the Olympics and corporate tickets in general.

Now the club has given us a method of recycling the tickets to legitimate QPR fans and all everyone can do is find the negatives! Yes it's outrageous that someone is trying to get £300 for a Chelsea ticket, but it's bl00dy supply and demand. If someone is stupid enough to pay it then good luck to them. If this were any other form of sale transaction we were talking about everyone would say good luck to them.

As for only being able to sell at face value, what would then happen for games that didn't sell out and therefore led to tickets not being sold? Would the club guarantee a minimum repurchase? No of course not - but it seems inequitable to prohibit making money on ticket A of you are going to lose money on ticket B.

For those of you who haven't signed up yet, I did last week. It was quick and efficient and as I'm on holiday tried to sell my WH ticket. I wasn't sure of the price on general sale because it wasn't out yet so asked for £35. It sold within a day on e the general sale opened and I'll see £30.80. If I miss the same number of home games as last year and get that price it'll make my ticket £480 and avoids there being a space in my seat, like there was for Bolton and Man City......

I'm going to step carefully off my soap box, perhaps a couple on others should do the same with the high horse.....

Encouraging profiting off of fellow fans, shameful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024