Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Air travel... 15:11 - Feb 21 with 1077 views1885_SFC

not really what you want to see out of your seat window! The Boeing 777, with 231 passengers and 10 crew on board, was able to return safely and land at Denver airport yesterday. No injuries were reported.

Police in the town of Broomfield posted pictures of what appears to be the front of an engine casing in the front garden of a home.

Old School is Cool

Air travel... on 17:21 - Feb 21 with 988 viewskingslandstand1

Mine wasn't quite that bad but taking off on a domestic flight about 10 years ago early one morning when we noticed the sun in the window was on a different side pretty quickly and we were returning back to Soton and the pilot said sorry, got to go back as won't make it to Newcastle like this
Someone then pointed out why and looking out of the window the whole engine casing had fallen off in mid air! We think it must have landed somewhere in the railway yard but even so, not something you expect to happen!
Air travel... on 10:11 - Feb 22 with 847 viewsRon11

Air travel... on 17:21 - Feb 21 by kingslandstand1

Mine wasn't quite that bad but taking off on a domestic flight about 10 years ago early one morning when we noticed the sun in the window was on a different side pretty quickly and we were returning back to Soton and the pilot said sorry, got to go back as won't make it to Newcastle like this
Someone then pointed out why and looking out of the window the whole engine casing had fallen off in mid air! We think it must have landed somewhere in the railway yard but even so, not something you expect to happen!

Flybe?
In November 2019 took off with Flybe from Amsterdam (to Southampton). I noticed pretty quickly that we weren't gaining any altitude and that we could see lights on the ground and not the darkness of the North Sea. We went back and made an emergency landing after an alarm telling the crew the cargo door wasn't shut.
Back on the ground they found the latch was broken. Another night in Amsterdam.
FlyMaybe....
Air travel... on 12:18 - Feb 22 with 810 viewskingslandstand1

Air travel... on 10:11 - Feb 22 by Ron11

Flybe?
In November 2019 took off with Flybe from Amsterdam (to Southampton). I noticed pretty quickly that we weren't gaining any altitude and that we could see lights on the ground and not the darkness of the North Sea. We went back and made an emergency landing after an alarm telling the crew the cargo door wasn't shut.
Back on the ground they found the latch was broken. Another night in Amsterdam.
FlyMaybe....

That's the crowd, although a night in Amsterdam isn't to be (sniffed) at! They did actually get another plane for us (jet this time with more space) although we had to hang around for a couple of hours. When we returned back that evening our original plane had scaffold etc all around it and I saw in the Echo some 4 or 5 months later an air investigation report on the event

It turned out someone hadn't tightened all of the bolts on the casing

But hey, bit of excitement although a rushed meeting for what we went oop north for!
Air travel... on 17:17 - Feb 22 with 760 viewsRon11

Air travel... on 12:18 - Feb 22 by kingslandstand1

That's the crowd, although a night in Amsterdam isn't to be (sniffed) at! They did actually get another plane for us (jet this time with more space) although we had to hang around for a couple of hours. When we returned back that evening our original plane had scaffold etc all around it and I saw in the Echo some 4 or 5 months later an air investigation report on the event

It turned out someone hadn't tightened all of the bolts on the casing

But hey, bit of excitement although a rushed meeting for what we went oop north for!

Yeah night in Amsterdam, great fun, but we were put on the first FlyBe flight out in the morning about 0745. So back to Schiphol at the crack of dawn feeling like shite . Get to gate - delayed by one hour...they were cheap tickets though apart from four quid for a small can of Stella on board.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024