Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much time does Warburton have? 17:10 - Jul 11 with 17375 viewsHOOPNO7

Since coming back from Lockdown we have been P!ss poor in defence & after today's performance/result how long will it be before the Board make a change?
How much time does Warburton have? on 00:21 - Jul 12 with 1931 viewsDiggertheMole

How much time does Warburton have? on 23:58 - Jul 11 by CliveWilsonSaid

"100% I have little or no respect for Warburton"

You lost me on that.

Thank you.

Good night

The 100% was a confirmation of a previous post. My lack of respect for Warburton is a little kinder than saying he can't manage. He just cant manage for us and would, I feel, be far happier with a camera in his face than a ball at his feet.

Good Evening.
How much time does Warburton have? on 01:24 - Jul 12 with 1849 viewstimcocking

I don't blame Mark Warburton for any of this really. We don't even have a team at the minute.
How much time does Warburton have? on 01:45 - Jul 12 with 1851 viewsMatch82

How much time does Warburton have? on 23:44 - Jul 11 by DiggertheMole

100% I have little or no respect for Warburton. As a club we have progressed nowhere. The pathetic excuses Breadface issues after a staggeringly incompetent performance only convince me that Brentford, Forest and Glasgow Rangers had it right. We have no right to promotion, entertaining, passing football, goalscoring galore or a watertight defence but just occasionally some of them might be quite pleasant. We are, at present, tied to a situation when after we sell Eze, BOS and Manning for a total of £15 million, the realities of another season struggling to avoid Division one will inevitably cause our £!m a month sponsors to reconsider their investment. Look around - there are models not just for successful club financial management but, perhaps more vitally, for team management. Allow Warburton to move to his desired future - spouting meaningless, opinionated verbiage in the media and settle on someone to direct the team whose ambition is not media-led but shows some ability to coach and manage.

" We have no right to promotion, entertaining, passing football, goalscoring galore or a watertight defence but just occasionally some of them might be quite pleasant"

The last five games have been terrible, nobody anywhere is defending that. But if you don't think we've been playing more entertaining, passing football or scoring tons of goals in the season before the break then I think you have unrealistic expectations. We have a young team assembled on minimum budget and we were what, third top scorers in the league before the break, playing football which was at times an absolute delight, and based on passing football. Look no further than the first game of the season vs Stoke.
How much time does Warburton have? on 02:16 - Jul 12 with 1829 viewstimcocking

How much time does Warburton have? on 01:45 - Jul 12 by Match82

" We have no right to promotion, entertaining, passing football, goalscoring galore or a watertight defence but just occasionally some of them might be quite pleasant"

The last five games have been terrible, nobody anywhere is defending that. But if you don't think we've been playing more entertaining, passing football or scoring tons of goals in the season before the break then I think you have unrealistic expectations. We have a young team assembled on minimum budget and we were what, third top scorers in the league before the break, playing football which was at times an absolute delight, and based on passing football. Look no further than the first game of the season vs Stoke.

Yes, rewind pre-lockdown and we were like watching Brazil. Sometimes.
How much time does Warburton have? on 02:28 - Jul 12 with 1839 viewsSydneyRs

How much time does Warburton have? on 23:44 - Jul 11 by DiggertheMole

100% I have little or no respect for Warburton. As a club we have progressed nowhere. The pathetic excuses Breadface issues after a staggeringly incompetent performance only convince me that Brentford, Forest and Glasgow Rangers had it right. We have no right to promotion, entertaining, passing football, goalscoring galore or a watertight defence but just occasionally some of them might be quite pleasant. We are, at present, tied to a situation when after we sell Eze, BOS and Manning for a total of £15 million, the realities of another season struggling to avoid Division one will inevitably cause our £!m a month sponsors to reconsider their investment. Look around - there are models not just for successful club financial management but, perhaps more vitally, for team management. Allow Warburton to move to his desired future - spouting meaningless, opinionated verbiage in the media and settle on someone to direct the team whose ambition is not media-led but shows some ability to coach and manage.

Bloody hell.

Did you miss the part where we got relegated with a squad full of expensive wasters and into all sorts of financial trouble leading to a huge fine for breaching FFP?

Did you miss the part where we slowly but surely removed the high wage earners, replaced them for nothing and remained competitive comfortably avoiding relegation?

Did you miss the part where the manager rebuilt the entire squad for this season with no money and produced an exciting, great to watch team that scored tons of goals and flirted with the playoffs?

Did you miss the part where a team with more money than us bought our top scorer and we were not in a position to do anything about it? And our other striker then getting injured meaning we have no experienced strikers at the moment. And our captain leaving, again largely for financial reasons. And buying a new training ground.

This part of the season while rubbish is also meaningless and little more than training matches for us now. There will be more comings and goings before next season and we'll see how things go then.

Warburton has done a great job with no money. It would be madness to get rid of him. Just who do you think would want to come here with nothing or little to spend?

Its a massive job to turn this club around and the fact we've got this far while staying in the division is incredible.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2020 9:42]
How much time does Warburton have? on 05:57 - Jul 12 with 1768 viewsnix

How much time does Warburton have? on 02:28 - Jul 12 by SydneyRs

Bloody hell.

Did you miss the part where we got relegated with a squad full of expensive wasters and into all sorts of financial trouble leading to a huge fine for breaching FFP?

Did you miss the part where we slowly but surely removed the high wage earners, replaced them for nothing and remained competitive comfortably avoiding relegation?

Did you miss the part where the manager rebuilt the entire squad for this season with no money and produced an exciting, great to watch team that scored tons of goals and flirted with the playoffs?

Did you miss the part where a team with more money than us bought our top scorer and we were not in a position to do anything about it? And our other striker then getting injured meaning we have no experienced strikers at the moment. And our captain leaving, again largely for financial reasons. And buying a new training ground.

This part of the season while rubbish is also meaningless and little more than training matches for us now. There will be more comings and goings before next season and we'll see how things go then.

Warburton has done a great job with no money. It would be madness to get rid of him. Just who do you think would want to come here with nothing or little to spend?

Its a massive job to turn this club around and the fact we've got this far while staying in the division is incredible.

This.

No one is happy with our performances at the moment but really Warburton has on the whole done a great job. With all of our managers over the last few years we've had dire series of matches. We can't just keep blaming the manager and getting rid of them. I've got the most faith in Warburton to turn this around on zero budget. It is hard without a recognised striker to provide more movement (Wells) and/or hold the ball up (Hughill). But Premiership teams should be lining up to send their out of favour strikers to us to make them look good next season if Jordan leaves as we've done well with two of them - Jordan even getting his career high goal record.

And calling the manager stupid names is a pet hate unless it's Redknapp or Hughes who really deserved it.
How much time does Warburton have? on 06:16 - Jul 12 with 1747 viewsisawqpratwcity

Anything above relegation this season is acceptable. It's not like there aren't enough clubs trying to f*ck themselves into League One. Yes, we are very poor for many reasons since the restart and yes, they are mostly well within the responsibilities of the manager, but given the highly exceptional circumstances, I'm prepared to cut the bloke enough slack.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

How much time does Warburton have? on 06:52 - Jul 12 with 1724 viewsstevec

Like most managers before him, a mixture of good and bad. Good that he’s undoubtedly created an attractive side going forward, bad, worryingly bad, that he has absolutely no solution to our woeful defending, quite what we are doing to defend free kicks and corners is beyond me.

Next season, will the forward play get even better, unlikely given who’s leaving. Could the standard of defending improve with the money from Eze, for sure, but will he change his weird form of partial zonal marking, probably not.

And all this, once again, from a standing start of 16th place.

The only managers that have worked for us in the last 20 years have been larger than life characters, with the ability of picking the club up by the scruff of the neck. Warburton won’t be doing that anytime soon.

Likewise, larger than life owners have been our route to success over 60 years, from Jim Gregory to Bernie. We may not have always liked them but they did the job.

Where are we now? With TF who’s been an unmitigated disaster and his 16th place stooges, put in place to manage failure for five and a half years and counting, they certainly haven’t failed on that one.

Yes, the board have been good to their word, keeping the club afloat, can’t knock them for that, and certainly, finding replacements for them is a tall order, but as long as the existing owners and the next layer of management stays in place, we ain’t going nowhere good, short or long term.
Login to get fewer ads

How much time does Warburton have? on 06:59 - Jul 12 with 1721 viewsWestonsuperR

Bloody hell.

Great post, no point adding to this when can’t put it any better myself. Incredible that there is a suggestion of a managerial change, let’s not forget the general consensus for this season was a relegation battle, we have never been in one.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2020 14:41]
How much time does Warburton have? on 07:08 - Jul 12 with 1714 viewsHooparoo

How much time does Warburton have? on 06:16 - Jul 12 by isawqpratwcity

Anything above relegation this season is acceptable. It's not like there aren't enough clubs trying to f*ck themselves into League One. Yes, we are very poor for many reasons since the restart and yes, they are mostly well within the responsibilities of the manager, but given the highly exceptional circumstances, I'm prepared to cut the bloke enough slack.

Agree

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

How much time does Warburton have? on 08:13 - Jul 12 with 1618 viewsAgedR

Bloody hell.

I’ve logged on for the first time in months just to up tick that post 👏👏

I wouldn’t knock anyone for having an opinion, but, the willingness of some to welcome another managerial merry go round is baffling to me. It’s almost like a death wish.

For the first time since this set of owners have been here, we have a sensible, sustainable strategy. From Hoos, to Les, through to Ramsay, Eustice and finally Warburton.

This post lockdown period has been disappointing and yesterdays performance was unacceptable, but, I think we really do need to put it in context.

A “sack the manager” thread again.

It’s worse than talking about Covid...or Brexit

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

How much time does Warburton have? on 08:22 - Jul 12 with 1598 viewsFrankRightguard

Bloody hell.

Well said that man.

Some utter nonsense on this thread. The ability to see the bigger picture clearly lacking by many.
How much time does Warburton have? on 08:30 - Jul 12 with 1578 viewsPhilmyRs

How much time does Warburton have? on 23:14 - Jul 11 by paulparker

Chris Ramsey didn’t bring on BOS he was signed by Holloway so I find your comments very strange
Again your comments are still strange as many were saying BOS should of played under mclaren who didn’t trust him even though he was our best player in the final ten games of the season last year
For your comment on les I haven’t criticised him even though we have signed some dross over the last 5/4 years
Are you happy to Finnish 16th/17th again without a fight , we have been a disgrace since the lockdown this was sheff wed who Clive ridiculed in his preview
We haven’t beaten charlton, Hull, Boro , Barnsley at home this season, do you find that acceptable??

Point was, you flagged Eze, BOS, Wells and Hugill as reasons we should be much higher in the table. The club made the decision not to replace Wells (and Leinster too) with the finances in mind, accepting the outcome of this season would be dire. In the case of the Bright and Eze there weren’t many fans claiming these guys were some of the best talent in the league when the Manager arrived. Eze arguably regressed last year. This season these two have become integral to the team, you could throw Manning, Chair into the mix as well, as players that have significantly improved under this Manager and the coaching set up we’re putting in place. By flagging these guys as why we should be much higher in the table but at the same time not taking on board that the reason they’re now being talked about in such glowing terms is because of the manager and the coaching staff is the issue I find with your post - zero credit for getting them to the level they’re currently at.

I have sympathy for the Manager, the one striker we have is injured and the other kid looks lost in the headlights. We wouldn’t start the season with this limited resources but as I said they banked some cash post Hugill and Leinster and this is sadly the rub from that decision, piss poor performances. I don’t hold the manager to account, although certainly there are things he could do better. Keeping a team motivated when there’s nothing to play for and lucrative contracts potentially in the offing from other clubs just adds to the problems of trying to get the best from what’s at your disposal.
How much time does Warburton have? on 08:30 - Jul 12 with 1569 viewsPlanetHonneywood

We’re probably having a season we expected really. That said, if the performances are as insipid as suggested, then any pre-lockdown progress will have been lost.

Anyone posting for the head of MW prior to the lockdown would have been arrested for sedition. I’m not for sacking at the mere hint of a bump in the road. Such idiocy would have seen Ferguson and Koop hoofed for having ’failed’ in their first few seasons; it’s a road we’ve been down far too many times to no avail.

Personally, I find MW hard to warm to. But I doubt pleasing all the fans all the time was high on the job spec and given all the variables and imponderables, I think overall he’s doing ok. But yes, all that progress made before mid-March looks to have gone and it’s his job to get the juggernaut back on track. It won’t be a pretty pre-season, calls for his head are idiotic.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

How much time does Warburton have? on 09:19 - Jul 12 with 1460 viewsrsonist

How much time does Warburton have? on 00:21 - Jul 12 by DiggertheMole

The 100% was a confirmation of a previous post. My lack of respect for Warburton is a little kinder than saying he can't manage. He just cant manage for us and would, I feel, be far happier with a camera in his face than a ball at his feet.

Good Evening.

This idea that he's tarting for a media career is hilarious and utterly bizarre. Yeah, he's telly catnip alright. Some level of insight you're treating us to.
How much time does Warburton have? on 09:21 - Jul 12 with 1448 viewsRangersDave

How much time does Warburton have? on 02:16 - Jul 12 by timcocking

Yes, rewind pre-lockdown and we were like watching Brazil. Sometimes.

agreed, trouble is now we are watching Alan Brazil!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

How much time does Warburton have? on 09:45 - Jul 12 with 1391 viewskernowhoop

Bloody hell.

Well put.

This season is over and in many respects, it is a good job that the post-lockdown games have been behind closed doors. Yes, some players might have been lifted a bit by the crowd, but, just as many would have had their own supporters on their backs. Sadly, it's what we do.

So, onward to 2020-2021. We shall probably lose what were - before the pause in the fixtures - our two best players. Maybe more, if we were to lose Hugill in the same way that we lost Wells. I hope that does not happen, because, infuriating though JH's shooting can be at times, the stats show that he would be hard to replace.

On the face of it, it all sounds grim. But, it need not be. Have a bit of faith. Sir Les and the coaching staff know much more about the situation than we do. Behind the scenes, they will have been planning a partial re-build and it does not have to be 'like for like'. I loved the way that we were playing before the lockdown, but, I accept that there are many different ways of playing football. If the business can withstand the financial hit caused by the virus; the club develops the right youngsters and finds the right cast-offs, we could be in for some more entertainment next season.
How much time does Warburton have? on 09:55 - Jul 12 with 1369 viewsNortholt_Rs

How much time does Warburton have? on 08:30 - Jul 12 by PlanetHonneywood

We’re probably having a season we expected really. That said, if the performances are as insipid as suggested, then any pre-lockdown progress will have been lost.

Anyone posting for the head of MW prior to the lockdown would have been arrested for sedition. I’m not for sacking at the mere hint of a bump in the road. Such idiocy would have seen Ferguson and Koop hoofed for having ’failed’ in their first few seasons; it’s a road we’ve been down far too many times to no avail.

Personally, I find MW hard to warm to. But I doubt pleasing all the fans all the time was high on the job spec and given all the variables and imponderables, I think overall he’s doing ok. But yes, all that progress made before mid-March looks to have gone and it’s his job to get the juggernaut back on track. It won’t be a pretty pre-season, calls for his head are idiotic.

But there is no evidence in his career to date which suggests he will be able to get the juggernaut back on track. For me, the biggest worry all season has been the way we defend and he clearly has no clue how to improve us in this crucial area. I know the team is pony and has been put together for a fiver but 0-3 at home to SW.... really?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

How much time does Warburton have? on 09:57 - Jul 12 with 1363 viewsToast_R

Exceptional circumstsnces have caused this. Just need this season the end now and then sort it out again with players that want to be here.
How much time does Warburton have? on 09:59 - Jul 12 with 1358 viewsthehat

I have been saying Ainsworth for years way before Hasslebank, McClaren and Warburton - however I would stick with what we have for now - Yes its been dreadful since the lockdown but before then we were a joy to watch.

The biggest problem with Warburton is his reluctance to have a Plan B - We are trying to play Barcelona football with lots of League one players and the good players have thrown the towel in.

Massive job rebuilding this squad before the new season.
How much time does Warburton have? on 10:00 - Jul 12 with 1352 viewsNortholt_Rs

How much time does Warburton have? on 09:59 - Jul 12 by thehat

I have been saying Ainsworth for years way before Hasslebank, McClaren and Warburton - however I would stick with what we have for now - Yes its been dreadful since the lockdown but before then we were a joy to watch.

The biggest problem with Warburton is his reluctance to have a Plan B - We are trying to play Barcelona football with lots of League one players and the good players have thrown the towel in.

It was the thing lots of fans from his previous clubs warned us about - he never has a Plan B. Clearly.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

How much time does Warburton have? on 10:01 - Jul 12 with 1353 viewsQPROslo

Bloody hell.

Agree with this. Overall I think Warburton has done a good job. I think the poor performances since the restart are due to a lack of ambition, a realistic view of our financial situation, or maybe both, from the Club, as Warburton may say, from above his pay grade.

When the season had to close in March we had been in form and promotion though unlikely, was a possible. Now that hope seems a joke, we have been in relegation form since the restart. We showed no ambition during the break, we let 2 regulars go, 1 the Captain the day before the restart. We were clearly not ready, or as ready as our opponents. We had furloughed the U23's, and with an injury or two we couldn't and haven't been able to fill our Bench. We threw that small chance of a top 6 place due no ambition, no money or just being too cautious. I do feel that we should be more ambitious than we were before the restart.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2020 10:34]
How much time does Warburton have? on 10:16 - Jul 12 with 1323 viewsfrancisbowles

How much time does Warburton have? on 10:01 - Jul 12 by QPROslo

Agree with this. Overall I think Warburton has done a good job. I think the poor performances since the restart are due to a lack of ambition, a realistic view of our financial situation, or maybe both, from the Club, as Warburton may say, from above his pay grade.

When the season had to close in March we had been in form and promotion though unlikely, was a possible. Now that hope seems a joke, we have been in relegation form since the restart. We showed no ambition during the break, we let 2 regulars go, 1 the Captain the day before the restart. We were clearly not ready, or as ready as our opponents. We had furloughed the U23's, and with an injury or two we couldn't and haven't been able to fill our Bench. We threw that small chance of a top 6 place due no ambition, no money or just being too cautious. I do feel that we should be more ambitious than we were before the restart.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2020 10:34]

£1 million a month from the owners to keep the club alive!

No revenue, increased outgoings!
How much time does Warburton have? on 10:16 - Jul 12 with 1322 viewsBrianMcCarthy

How much time does Warburton have? on 09:59 - Jul 12 by thehat

Don't agree about the no Plan B at all. We have played a variety of different formations 4231, 541, 4411, 4132 and yesterday 532. We constantly change the main point of attack from game to game, we have played balls into space for Wells, hold-up balls for Hugill and BOS, played down the wings through wing-backs, played down the wings through BOS and now Shodipo, have played passing football through Eze and Chair and we have played keep-ball though Eze.

We've shown far more variety this season than any other in recent times.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

How much time does Warburton have? on 10:34 - Jul 12 with 1271 viewsLongsufferingR

How much time does Warburton have? on 10:16 - Jul 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Don't agree about the no Plan B at all. We have played a variety of different formations 4231, 541, 4411, 4132 and yesterday 532. We constantly change the main point of attack from game to game, we have played balls into space for Wells, hold-up balls for Hugill and BOS, played down the wings through wing-backs, played down the wings through BOS and now Shodipo, have played passing football through Eze and Chair and we have played keep-ball though Eze.

We've shown far more variety this season than any other in recent times.

Exactly Brian. It's an extremely lazy throwaway line that s brought out when results are poor just because some Brentford fans said it when he left them. No truth in it relating to his time here so far.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024