Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much time does Warburton have? 17:10 - Jul 11 with 17374 viewsHOOPNO7

Since coming back from Lockdown we have been P!ss poor in defence & after today's performance/result how long will it be before the Board make a change?
How much time does Warburton have? on 13:12 - Jul 15 with 2233 viewsLblock

How much time does Warburton have? on 23:14 - Jul 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think our definitions probably differ LBlock.

I know you are a passionate guy, but do you not think being ‘sickened to your core’ by Millwall’s freak success is a bit OTT? It gives me hope actually that we might do the same despite a limited budget.

If you want to draw some heart from somewhere, we’ve already beaten our points total from last year.

Millwall disturbed the play off places in the run in of last season as well.
Two seasons in a row could be a freak I suppose.

You're right in terms of budget and hope - I'm just resigned to the fact that these current incumbents will never ever get it right and continue to run the club like a circus.

On reflection, and without some heavy Tuesday night drinking, we do a lot of community based stuff so I'll take that back.

As for the condescending, always right, try to get a bite out of belittlement post from Rsholenist I'll ignore that.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

How much time does Warburton have? on 13:48 - Jul 15 with 2160 viewsTheChef

How much time does Warburton have? on 11:34 - Jul 15 by rsonist

What a depressing post that is.

Social fabric, being part of a greater whole, all the work in the community, Kiyan Prince Foundation stadium? No, it's that time we had to put coins in a bucket cos we spent our money wrong.

Male menopausal pseudo-military bollocks about 'ard graft, micro-local bragging rights, moaning on and on like tarts when we lose a couple games, that's our culture mate.

Yep context is important, and a football club is not just about what happens on the pitch.

I always wonder about club objectives, and given where we were pre-lockdown I wonder how those looked; I'm sure the aim was to keep pushing on, we were in good form, but then covid happens and it all goes out the window which I think is understandable. Most importantly we've guaranteed Championship football for another season, and given where we were last August that is definitely objective number 1 achieved.

My only criticism is how we have handled our recruitment for strikers (admittedly not easy) but with Hugill injured we have no sufficient cover.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

How much time does Warburton have? on 13:52 - Jul 15 with 2152 viewsR_from_afar

How much time does Warburton have? on 13:12 - Jul 15 by Lblock

Millwall disturbed the play off places in the run in of last season as well.
Two seasons in a row could be a freak I suppose.

You're right in terms of budget and hope - I'm just resigned to the fact that these current incumbents will never ever get it right and continue to run the club like a circus.

On reflection, and without some heavy Tuesday night drinking, we do a lot of community based stuff so I'll take that back.

As for the condescending, always right, try to get a bite out of belittlement post from Rsholenist I'll ignore that.

So:
- Avoiding the relegation dogfight many predicted
- Doing it on a shoestring
- Securing a new training ground
- Playing the most attractive football for years
- Getting players we have developed ourselves into the starting eleven on a regular basis

is running the club like a circus? Interesting....

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

How much time does Warburton have? on 15:26 - Jul 15 with 2057 viewsBostonR

I hope stays - he's done a great job in difficult circumstances. Hopefully, next season we can focus on:

Getting a No1 keeper. Both have cost us points this season.
Obvious - but improve the fecking defending!
Stop losing the last 6-8 games of the season. God knows how many points we have lost over the last three seasons in the last 8 games?
Sign some strikers.
How much time does Warburton have? on 15:40 - Jul 15 with 2017 viewsTacticalR

How much time does Warburton have? on 20:46 - Jul 14 by paulparker

The whole culture of the club is wrong , where is the ambition and before people say we need money I don’t see Preston, Millwall, Blackburn doing any worse with limited budgets
Even Wigan are 4 points above us now
Sheff Utd & Wycombe are testament to giving things a go with limited budgets
We haven’t progressed one jot in 5 years since going down to the championship Infact we have wasted the parachute money on players who are crap or can’t settle
Warburton is In a long line of managers who are working with crap and who just about do enough to finish 16th

The problem is that the current owners made even more of a mess of things when they did have 'ambition'.

Air hostess clique

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:32 - Jul 15 with 1929 viewsrsonist

How much time does Warburton have? on 13:48 - Jul 15 by TheChef

Yep context is important, and a football club is not just about what happens on the pitch.

I always wonder about club objectives, and given where we were pre-lockdown I wonder how those looked; I'm sure the aim was to keep pushing on, we were in good form, but then covid happens and it all goes out the window which I think is understandable. Most importantly we've guaranteed Championship football for another season, and given where we were last August that is definitely objective number 1 achieved.

My only criticism is how we have handled our recruitment for strikers (admittedly not easy) but with Hugill injured we have no sufficient cover.

The club objectives are enshrined on a Word file titled STANDARDS.docx in Jude the Cat's Dropbox. It simply reads "finish higher in midtable than Millwall".
How much time does Warburton have? on 18:01 - Jul 15 with 1855 viewsqprxtc

Six pages on whether Warburton should be given the elbow? Flipping Henry.

Steve Burtenshaw lasted a whole bleeding season (give or take). Ray Harford? Alan bloody Mullery.

Carry on Mark.
How much time does Warburton have? on 18:24 - Jul 15 with 1847 viewspaulparker

How much time does Warburton have? on 15:40 - Jul 15 by TacticalR

The problem is that the current owners made even more of a mess of things when they did have 'ambition'.

Very true

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

How much time does Warburton have? on 13:02 - Jul 16 with 1632 viewsfrancisbowles

How much time does Warburton have? on 15:26 - Jul 15 by BostonR

I hope stays - he's done a great job in difficult circumstances. Hopefully, next season we can focus on:

Stop losing the last 6-8 games of the season. God knows how many points we have lost over the last three seasons in the last 8 games?
Sign some strikers.

I don't think signing a keeper will be anywhere on the list as we have six on professional contracts. Interesting though that Lumley, Dieng, Barnes and probably the younger pair who have just been extended are out of contract at the end of next season. Kelly has another three years.

We may be looking to reduce the number by at least one if we get a reasonable offer. Kelly may command a reasonable fee (meaning a profit) from a Scottish club as he had a very good reputation up there. There is also reported interest in Dieng.

I think we need an experienced cb to help out whilst we try and develop Masterson. A left back to replace Manning as I think he will leave but even if he doesn't, I have never thought it's his position. Not quick enough when he loses possession, can't really beat a man with a dribble and gets targeted with diagonals in behind and bigger players moved wide. His crossing is an asset though. After the injury to Rangel, we probably need another rb as well.

Not sure about defensive midfield, if Amos returns, that may be it.

Attacking midfield probably need one to replace if BOS and Eze leave. Noticeable that Amos was played there against Luton and did well.

Strikers definitely need a couple again, probably at least one loan.
How much time does Warburton have? on 14:00 - Jul 16 with 1600 viewsswitchingcode

I wonder why he never brought David Weir with him who he had as his assistant in his previous 3 jobs.
How much time does Warburton have? on 14:01 - Jul 16 with 1603 viewsNorthernr

How much time does Warburton have? on 14:00 - Jul 16 by switchingcode

I wonder why he never brought David Weir with him who he had as his assistant in his previous 3 jobs.

Got a cushy number going at Brighton.
How much time does Warburton have? on 15:03 - Jul 16 with 1515 viewsswitchingcode

How much time does Warburton have? on 14:01 - Jul 16 by Northernr

Got a cushy number going at Brighton.

Yes just checked that out “looking after players who are loaned out to foreign clubs “must keep him very bury
How much time does Warburton have? on 15:35 - Jul 16 with 1467 viewsrsonist

How much time does Warburton have? on 15:03 - Jul 16 by switchingcode

Yes just checked that out “looking after players who are loaned out to foreign clubs “must keep him very bury

Tough contract negotiations with his own son too don't forget.
How much time does Warburton have? on 15:39 - Jul 16 with 1458 viewsrsonist

That said if they've any more Ben Whites lying around he could think of us next time by way of apology for Mlakar. Matt Clarke anyone?
How much time does Warburton have? on 16:54 - Jul 16 with 1369 viewsqpr_1968

How much time does Warburton have? on 15:26 - Jul 15 by BostonR

Sign some strikers.

winning a few London derbys would be nice bonus.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

How much time does Warburton have? on 19:18 - Jul 16 with 1277 viewsEmpireStateRanger

How much time does Warburton have? on 16:54 - Jul 16 by qpr_1968

winning a few London derbys would be nice bonus.

Will be hard to when London derbys after Brentford and Fulham are promoted.

Actually... we'd probably have the same chance of winning those games?
How much time does Warburton have? on 11:14 - Jul 19 with 1088 viewsstevec

Who should manage us next season?

How much time does Warburton have? on 11:18 - Jul 19 with 1075 viewsrsonist

Still in absolute shock we somehow managed to twice piss all over the great ambitious model club Millwall FC.
How much time does Warburton have? on 11:24 - Jul 19 with 1057 viewsrsonist

How much time does Warburton have? on 11:14 - Jul 19 by stevec

City trader Warbs best Warbs. Braces, contrast collar and a pinstripe suit for next season svp.
How much time does Warburton have? on 11:28 - Jul 19 with 1049 viewspaulparker

How much time does Warburton have? on 11:18 - Jul 19 by rsonist

Still in absolute shock we somehow managed to twice piss all over the great ambitious model club Millwall FC.

Still in shock that the all conquering slayers of Millwall, couldn’t beat charlton, Hull, Boro , or Barnsley at home

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

How much time does Warburton have? on 11:47 - Jul 19 with 1006 viewsstevec

How much time does Warburton have? on 11:24 - Jul 19 by rsonist

City trader Warbs best Warbs. Braces, contrast collar and a pinstripe suit for next season svp.

I’m in agreement. Middle aged man in white trainers is a tough act to carry off.
How much time does Warburton have? on 11:52 - Jul 19 with 995 viewsAntti_Heinola

How much time does Warburton have? on 11:28 - Jul 19 by paulparker

Still in shock that the all conquering slayers of Millwall, couldn’t beat charlton, Hull, Boro , or Barnsley at home

I think the point was things probably aren't as bad as you think they are, paul.

Bare bones.

How much time does Warburton have? on 13:14 - Jul 19 with 926 viewsLongsufferingR

How much time does Warburton have? on 11:14 - Jul 19 by stevec

If I was a player and the one on the left was shouting at me, I'd think fk off you scruffy tsser, who do you think you are? If the one on the right was shouting at me I'd get my bloody act together pretty quickly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024