Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 23:09 - Oct 24 with 18824 viewsNotLoyal

The beautiful land of Peterborough, caught up in the Soke of Northampton, this antique replica of something yet to be discovered, in original terms, a town, in every day terms a dodgy toe nail hanging on to the cleft pallet of a donkeys bum.

Oh, it’s what we do on here, it’s our way of welcoming our opponents.

The Posh
Although the present club did not come into being until 1934, the 'Posh' name first came to the fore a decade earlier, almost certainly stemming from Pat Tirrel, player manager of Fletton United, a previous user of the present club's London Road ground, who announced in close season of 1921 that he was looking for 'Posh players for a Posh team' to compete in the Northamptonshire League (later the United Counties League). Fletton, previously known as the 'Brickies,' re-formed as Peterborough and Fletton United in 1923 and both nicknames were in use through the 1920s, although supporters complained that 'Posh' references were sometimes used by newspapers in a derisory manner. Peterborough and Fletton United folded in 1932, the present club was formed two years later and a Midland League debut against Gainsborough Trinity on 1st September 1934 was greeted with cries of 'Up The Posh' from the crowd.

Did you know ?
Victoria ( my heads in my arse) Beckham challenged Peterborough United registering their club nickname as a trademark in 1998 ? It obviously didn’t work as they are still called The Posh today, and she is a washed up old deckchair.

Celebrity gimp, VIctoria Beckham who thinks she is bigger than a whole community

The Posh
Peterborough United are a small club that do cock waving splendidly well. They will see this game as a cup final against the divisions ‘pass masters’ After many seasons in the Premier League the swans have been targets for teams to play above themselves when they visit Wales. Such is the way clubs hold Swansea in high esteem. If it wasn’t for that the swans would have won all their games. They are favourites to win this game for sure. The people of Peterborough land are called gimps, and the town itself is recognised as one of the worst town's to live in. Voted by the very people who live there. Peterborough is actually in Canada.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56110/lee-trundle-scores

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56115/darren-ferguson-be

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56120/russell-martin-set

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56129

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56131/swansea-city-are-o

More to Follow

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Weds on 10:44 - Oct 29 with 1811 viewsbringyourpoison

Are we expecting a good away following?
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Weds on 10:46 - Oct 29 with 1789 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Weds on 10:30 - Oct 29 by Whiterockin

They have won their last 2.

"lowly position"

That make it worse.

Tough game for sure and we need not to faff around at the back.Do that and we will lose.

Play it smart right from the start and deploy the right players in right positions and we should win -easily.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Weds on 11:46 - Oct 29 with 1777 viewsCatullus

The Posh beat QPR last time out, QPR are currently 7th. This isn't an easy game but it's winnable.

Anybody who thinks we have an automatic right to win this game really doesn't understand the Championship.
We are 4 points of 5th place, currently in that spot are Luton. There are 2/3 teams that will probably fight out the automatic spots, Bournemouth, Fulham and WBA. Derby, Barnsley, Hull and Cardiff look quite poor. Anywhere in between that, anything is possible. Peterborough are 7 points off Luton.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 14:44 - Oct 29 with 1714 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56120/russell-martin-set

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 15:09 - Oct 29 with 1693 viewsBadlands

I'm expecting a good win and stylish football (depending on the weather as it sounds like it could be challenging.)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 16:53 - Oct 29 with 1629 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 15:09 - Oct 29 by Badlands

I'm expecting a good win and stylish football (depending on the weather as it sounds like it could be challenging.)

It looks like it's dry from about 2pm onwards.
I really fancy us to give them a lesson tomorrow.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 20:48 - Oct 29 with 1513 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 16:53 - Oct 29 by builthjack

It looks like it's dry from about 2pm onwards.
I really fancy us to give them a lesson tomorrow.

If the weather stays ok I'm hoping for a good game, if it's wet and windy maybe us keeping the ball on the floor will help but who knows!

Either way I am hoping for a win. Preferably tomorrow we start from the first whistle and won't wait for the second half before putting in a performance!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 21:15 - Oct 29 with 1503 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 20:48 - Oct 29 by Catullus

If the weather stays ok I'm hoping for a good game, if it's wet and windy maybe us keeping the ball on the floor will help but who knows!

Either way I am hoping for a win. Preferably tomorrow we start from the first whistle and won't wait for the second half before putting in a performance!

Surely the last two home games have been decent throughout the ninety ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 02:34 - Oct 30 with 1394 viewsChief

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 21:15 - Oct 29 by KeithHaynes

Not sure about that. Until we scored against the scum we weren't anything special and could have been one down were it not for Hamer. Against Wba we conceded after 50 seconds and weren't great for most of the first half after that.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 08:00 - Oct 30 with 1350 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 02:34 - Oct 30 by Chief

Not sure about that. Until we scored against the scum we weren't anything special and could have been one down were it not for Hamer. Against Wba we conceded after 50 seconds and weren't great for most of the first half after that.

Glass half full then

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 08:05 - Oct 30 with 1345 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 21:15 - Oct 29 by KeithHaynes

The West Brom goal was an aberration- Paterson being very careless with possession which cost us dear. Apart from that it was a great game - we controlled possession for the rest of the first half and dominated the second.

Cardiff had a weak shot on target which was a comfortable save for Hamer and offered nothing else.in reality it could have been 5 nil for the nailed on penalty and loads of missed second half chances. Some people must be born miserable if they can’t recognise this.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 08:12 - Oct 30 with 1340 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Looking back at the Birmingham highlights it’s clear to see we missed Flynn Downes like a hole in the head. Without him we looked weak , leaderless and flat. Great to see he’s likely to be back today.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 10:17 - Oct 30 with 1289 viewsChief

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 08:00 - Oct 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Glass half full then

Well what is encouraging that we were able to improve as the game went on and win them. But I don't think it's accurate to say they were '90 minute' performances

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 10:21 - Oct 30 with 1281 viewsDr_Parnassus

Now, people are no doubt going to say I am setting Martin up for a fall or some nonsense like that.

But let's be real here, these are the games we just simply 'should' win. Of course we aren't guaranteed to win, but we really should. We are joint with Sheff Utd this weekend in terms of biggest favorites. They are home against Blackpool, both around 3/5 favorites giving us a 62.5% of taking the 3 points, 16.7% of losing and 20.8% chance of sharing the spoils.

We know we will dominate the ball, maybe 75% or so. We know they may come down for a point and park the bus. So Martin needs to learn the lesson from the Hull game and move the ball quicker forward, less slow, ponderous short passing and try and catch them out of position with a direct ball after a flurry of short passes ala Brendan and Roberto.

We know what to expect from this match and we know how we should go about it. Now it is simply a matter of doing it.

2-0 Piroe and Ntcham.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 11:19 - Oct 30 with 1258 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 10:21 - Oct 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Now, people are no doubt going to say I am setting Martin up for a fall or some nonsense like that.

But let's be real here, these are the games we just simply 'should' win. Of course we aren't guaranteed to win, but we really should. We are joint with Sheff Utd this weekend in terms of biggest favorites. They are home against Blackpool, both around 3/5 favorites giving us a 62.5% of taking the 3 points, 16.7% of losing and 20.8% chance of sharing the spoils.

We know we will dominate the ball, maybe 75% or so. We know they may come down for a point and park the bus. So Martin needs to learn the lesson from the Hull game and move the ball quicker forward, less slow, ponderous short passing and try and catch them out of position with a direct ball after a flurry of short passes ala Brendan and Roberto.

We know what to expect from this match and we know how we should go about it. Now it is simply a matter of doing it.

2-0 Piroe and Ntcham.

'... try and catch them out of position with a direct ball after a flurry of short passes ala Brendan and Roberto.'
That is how we have been scoring. Without the long periods of possession there would be no no contrast from which to catch them out!
A massive problem we have is lack of height in attack. Without the option to cross and have players genuinely challenge in the air we have not only reduced the type of attack we could make it also means the defence knows the ball will be kept low.
All teams have difficulty breaking down 11 man defences ... even sides under the godlike Cooper found it impossible and, I know this is sacrilege to some, we underperformed against 'lowly' sides under his management.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 11:21 - Oct 30 with 1261 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 10:21 - Oct 30 by Dr_Parnassus

2-0 Piroe and Ntcham.

"So Martin needs to learn the lesson from the Hull game and move the ball quicker forward, less slow, ponderous short passing."
Well if Downes starts that's pretty much what I'm expecting from us.
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 11:24 - Oct 30 with 1248 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 11:19 - Oct 30 by Badlands

'... try and catch them out of position with a direct ball after a flurry of short passes ala Brendan and Roberto.'
That is how we have been scoring. Without the long periods of possession there would be no no contrast from which to catch them out!
A massive problem we have is lack of height in attack. Without the option to cross and have players genuinely challenge in the air we have not only reduced the type of attack we could make it also means the defence knows the ball will be kept low.
All teams have difficulty breaking down 11 man defences ... even sides under the godlike Cooper found it impossible and, I know this is sacrilege to some, we underperformed against 'lowly' sides under his management.

It has been indeed, as I have said many times now our style has shifted from short passing at all costs (4% long) to a mixed style of play (12-14% long), with it have come a lot of our recent goals.

However, we do try to start with the former and go to the latter once we go behind. I would like to see us do that from the start as it is far more effective than the meaningless short passing possession.

I know Cooper had a bad result against Wycombe at home from memory, but I will have to check that record against lowly sides claim. It may well be true but apart from that game it never struck me as that being the case.

I will record 20th and below and take a look, stand by.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 11:38 - Oct 30 with 1223 viewsDr_Parnassus

Doesn't appear to be true.

20 games, (10 home and 10 away vs 20th or lower in both seasons combined).

12 wins, 5 draws, 3 losses. 2.05 points per game. 94 points season average.

41 points from a possible 60.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 11:55 - Oct 30 with 1206 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 02:34 - Oct 30 by Chief

Besides, it's about all the games and we weren't great first half against Brum.

If we put in a full 90 like the second half against WBA we'll put 5/6 on Posh, if we start slow or they score first, who knows.
I'm confident we CAN win but it's never a given.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 12:29 - Oct 30 with 1171 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 11:55 - Oct 30 by Catullus

Besides, it's about all the games and we weren't great first half against Brum.

If we put in a full 90 like the second half against WBA we'll put 5/6 on Posh, if we start slow or they score first, who knows.
I'm confident we CAN win but it's never a given.

It’s not how you start it’s how you finish. Our possession game isn’t likely to provide an early flurry of goals - more likely to tire a team out and then take advantage.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 13:08 - Oct 30 with 1116 viewsDr_Parnassus

Fulham 1-0 WBA

Mitrovic is an absolute monster of a player

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 13:09 - Oct 30 with 1116 viewskrunchykarrot

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 12:29 - Oct 30 by Brynmill_Jack

It’s not how you start it’s how you finish. Our possession game isn’t likely to provide an early flurry of goals - more likely to tire a team out and then take advantage.

I agree, however if we get caught early through a mistake or even good football they will bank up which then becomes harder for us to break down, this is where we need to be quicker and mix it a little. The issue i have then is they will sit in and double up on Laird forcing us down the left. I do think we are getting quicker but need Downs in the CH position to start it all off or to shut it down if we balls up.
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 13:13 - Oct 30 with 1106 viewsDr_Parnassus

2-0 Mitrovic again

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 13:23 - Oct 30 with 1088 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 13:08 - Oct 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Fulham 1-0 WBA

Mitrovic is an absolute monster of a player

Wasn't a penalty though.

I'm fed up watching sides fet given dubious decisions where we get denied stonewall penalties e.g. Cardiff. We have to work hard for our points.

Fulham are a good side I admit but that second goal was ganded yo them on a plate by a very experienced player. Can't remember when we got lucky.

Bitter rant over!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 13:24 - Oct 30 with 1087 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 13:13 - Oct 30 by Dr_Parnassus

2-0 Mitrovic again

Gifted two goals, first a refereeing mistake, second as poor a backpass as you'll ever see.

Guess we're not the only side to make things easy for him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024