Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Offside!!! 12:07 - Nov 28 with 3597 viewsunion_jack

Deserves a brief mention.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Offside!!! on 12:11 - Nov 28 with 2761 viewsunion_jack

Oh, and this!

https://mobile.twitter.com/the2econdcoming/status/1464894223757492225/photo/1

Offside!!! on 12:14 - Nov 28 with 2750 viewsBoundy

Piroe was flagged offside not Liard , he had advanced past the defender when Liard squared the ball

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Offside!!! on 12:16 - Nov 28 with 2739 viewsunion_jack

Offside!!! on 12:14 - Nov 28 by Boundy

Piroe was flagged offside not Liard , he had advanced past the defender when Liard squared the ball

But Piroe was behind the ball when Laird passed it therefore not offside. Or am I missing something?

Offside!!! on 12:16 - Nov 28 with 2735 viewsNotLoyal

Piroe just wasn't offside. End of.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Offside!!! on 12:17 - Nov 28 with 2734 viewspencoedjack

Gingers never trust them
Offside!!! on 12:19 - Nov 28 with 2728 viewsunion_jack

Offside!!! on 12:16 - Nov 28 by NotLoyal

Piroe just wasn't offside. End of.

A more understandable decision than the Carroll one though!

Offside!!! on 12:24 - Nov 28 with 2711 viewsNotLoyal

Offside!!! on 12:19 - Nov 28 by union_jack

A more understandable decision than the Carroll one though!

As the match report stated (on here I think) Carrol could have been onside, according to Gareth Vincent? But I don't see it. Piroes goal would have seen us move on and take the points, as it was it was scratched off. Blackpool decisions and yesterday cost us goals at least.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Offside!!! on 12:32 - Nov 28 with 2691 viewsBoundy

Offside!!! on 12:16 - Nov 28 by union_jack

But Piroe was behind the ball when Laird passed it therefore not offside. Or am I missing something?

I sit just in with the edge of the box & IMO I thought he was offside

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Offside!!! on 12:56 - Nov 28 with 2647 viewsunion_jack

Offside!!! on 12:32 - Nov 28 by Boundy

I sit just in with the edge of the box & IMO I thought he was offside

Photo suggests otherwise but as I said, a far more understandable decision (albeit wrong seemingly) to the Caroll decision.

Offside!!! on 13:01 - Nov 28 with 2640 viewsjackrabbit

Pity Carroll’s not visible in the first frame when the ball is passed forward. As it is it’s indeterminate. The last frame shows him well ahead of Williams when he receives the ball, but that’s irrelevant. We need to see where he was at the instant the ball left the passer’s foot.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2021 13:03]
Offside!!! on 13:09 - Nov 28 with 2616 viewsunion_jack

Offside!!! on 13:01 - Nov 28 by jackrabbit

Pity Carroll’s not visible in the first frame when the ball is passed forward. As it is it’s indeterminate. The last frame shows him well ahead of Williams when he receives the ball, but that’s irrelevant. We need to see where he was at the instant the ball left the passer’s foot.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2021 13:03]

Agreed but he'd have to have run pretty fast to get that distance. Faster than he is capable I'd suggest. Even Usain Bolt may have had a difficulty getting that far ahead.

The only thing I would say is that at the time of the ball going forward,mwilliams ran forward to spring the offside trap and they were level but even then I can't see it.

The linesman was right there as well so he had to have seen it which admittedly adds to the confusion.

Edit: Just looked at it again and Williams was facing back towards goal so no way would he have been able to turn and get up to speed in that very shirt amount if time.

Offside without any shadow of a doubt.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2021 13:11]

Offside!!! on 13:18 - Nov 28 with 2581 viewsBadlands

Piroe offside.
Carroll miles offside.
Did Martin's video upset the refereeing world?
Poor positioning from Williams though, Not the right game to cave in to Liverpool IMO.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Offside!!! on 14:39 - Nov 28 with 2493 viewsCatullus

Offside!!! on 13:18 - Nov 28 by Badlands

Piroe offside.
Carroll miles offside.
Did Martin's video upset the refereeing world?
Poor positioning from Williams though, Not the right game to cave in to Liverpool IMO.

To be honest, I think I'd rather send Williams back to Liverpool and give our Brandon Cooper a chance. Williams is tall but not physical enough, we know Cooper will get stuck in when needs be. Besides, I'd rather develop one of our own for us than develop a player for Liverpool.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Offside!!! on 14:55 - Nov 28 with 2458 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Offside!!! on 12:14 - Nov 28 by Boundy

Which is what the linesman saw, not that he was behind the ball, which he clearly is.
Offside!!! on 17:53 - Nov 28 with 2292 viewsThrasher6

Carroll was 100% offside. Whichever way you look at it....there is no possible way that from the start of the pass and the first visible camera shot...that he could have made up that amount of distance between him and the defender. 100% stonewaller….

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Offside!!! on 18:39 - Nov 28 with 2255 viewsjack_lord

We've been done for 5 points these last two home games. Our players were pretty lax yesterday but we did score three (including the one notched off) and should have scored more if luck was on our side and the keeper wasn't in the way.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Offside!!! on 21:12 - Nov 28 with 2136 viewsBadlands

Offside!!! on 12:24 - Nov 28 by NotLoyal

As the match report stated (on here I think) Carrol could have been onside, according to Gareth Vincent? But I don't see it. Piroes goal would have seen us move on and take the points, as it was it was scratched off. Blackpool decisions and yesterday cost us goals at least.

I was bang in line with Williams, our last player, and Carroll was more than two yards in front of him.
There won’t be a clearer off-side all season.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Offside!!! on 21:23 - Nov 28 with 2113 viewsunion_jack

Offside!!! on 21:12 - Nov 28 by Badlands

I was bang in line with Williams, our last player, and Carroll was more than two yards in front of him.
There won’t be a clearer off-side all season.

In any game.
Anywhere.

Offside!!! on 21:36 - Nov 28 with 2091 viewsCatullus

Offside!!! on 21:23 - Nov 28 by union_jack

In any game.
Anywhere.

What like Ronaldo in the Chelsea v manc game today. What is VAR for, why complain we don't have it in the Championship when even where they do have it, they still get it badly wrong.

We have shoddy referees and then shoddy staff in the VAR office making knowingly bad calls.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Offside!!! on 21:59 - Nov 28 with 2072 viewsswan65split

Simple answer, ref appears to be the same as at Luton.........
Offside!!! on 22:15 - Nov 28 with 2047 viewsunion_jack

Offside!!! on 21:36 - Nov 28 by Catullus

What like Ronaldo in the Chelsea v manc game today. What is VAR for, why complain we don't have it in the Championship when even where they do have it, they still get it badly wrong.

We have shoddy referees and then shoddy staff in the VAR office making knowingly bad calls.

Yes the Ronaldo one was another poor lino error but would have been reviewed if he'd scored. We didn't get that luxury unfortunately.

Offside!!! on 22:29 - Nov 28 with 2039 views34dfgdf54

I cannot see how Carroll could have been onside looking at the photos and replay of goal, only Williams protested though which was weird.

Piroe - onside
Offside!!! on 07:32 - Nov 29 with 1914 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

I was in line with the first one and I thought it was inside. It was a well timed run but Williams was about ten yards behind the rest of the defence for most of the game. They noticed this early on and targeted him.
Offside!!! on 09:24 - Nov 29 with 1858 viewsCatullus

Offside!!! on 22:15 - Nov 28 by union_jack

Yes the Ronaldo one was another poor lino error but would have been reviewed if he'd scored. We didn't get that luxury unfortunately.

Isn't that rule stupid though. Manyoo got a corner because Ronaldo didn't score, what if they'd scored from the corner?

They tinker with these rules then put the glaring mistakes right. VAR should pull up blatant offsides every time.

Offside!!! on 12:17 - Nov 29 with 1797 viewsunion_jack

Offside!!! on 09:24 - Nov 29 by Catullus

Isn't that rule stupid though. Manyoo got a corner because Ronaldo didn't score, what if they'd scored from the corner?

They tinker with these rules then put the glaring mistakes right. VAR should pull up blatant offsides every time.

The problem is when the lino does not see it, which shouldn't have been the case in that game but was. As it didn't result in a goal I don't think VAR kicks in therefore game goes on.

Yes, silly but if you check VAR for everything then the game could last days😄.

2 appeals per team for such things maybe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024