Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UNITED Kingdom 16:18 - Sep 11 with 14952 viewsCatullus

People can talk about Scottish indy but judging by the crowds forming and growing up in Scotland, a lot of people, a great lot of people are grieving the Queen's death and all across the UK we are seeing people united by this.

Happy times don't bring people together but tragedies do and it looks like the majority see her passing as a tragedy, maybe King Charles can take advantage of this and strengthen the unity going forward.

Will the Queen pasing actually make the UK a more unified place?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

UNITED Kingdom on 21:28 - Oct 5 with 1445 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 22:16 - Oct 4 by Sirjohnalot

All I want is to be governed by party that treats all people fairly. I had no particular issue with Cameron, so it’s not the Tories as a Party, it’s what they’ve become.

I want the poor in society to be looked after, for kids to have free school meals and not to be hungry (irrespective of if it their parents fault or not). I want people who weren’t as lucky as me to have loving, wonderful parents, to have the opportunities I did. I don’t want our government to sneer at people on benefits and label them work shy, umming and ah ing about increasing benefits in line with inflation whilst removing limits of bonuses for the very rich, and reducing their tax.

I don’t want the Home Sec to be fantasying about planes to Rwanda (as she said today)

I just want people who can’t afford things to be looked after and people like me and my wife who are doing ok not to be receive tax breaks that can be used for those who need it.

I hope my politics aren’t wrong.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Very well said that man.

Any right thinking person would agree with every word.

There are decent Tories, but Johnson kicked them all out.
We are all the poorer for that purge.

Progressive politics in government is very badly needed.

Beware of the Risen People

UNITED Kingdom on 06:10 - Oct 6 with 1408 viewsfelixstowe_jack

UNITED Kingdom on 21:28 - Oct 5 by Kilkennyjack

Very well said that man.

Any right thinking person would agree with every word.

There are decent Tories, but Johnson kicked them all out.
We are all the poorer for that purge.

Progressive politics in government is very badly needed.

Trouble is Wales has labour still stuck in the 1930 class war.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

UNITED Kingdom on 23:23 - Oct 6 with 1333 viewsonehunglow

UNITED Kingdom on 21:28 - Oct 4 by Sirjohnalot

I hate what has happened to the Tory party, the lack of compassion, the dismissal of the poor, the way in which JRM has no compassion or feelings for those less well off that he. The way Braverman and Patel hate those that tread similar paths to their forefathers, the way Johnson lied to the Queen and Parliament.

I hate the way they got rid of decent people like Gauke, Stewart, Hammond. Ken Clarke, Soubrey. How Truss sacked Johnny Mercer, how they’ve lurched to the right and are appealing the UKIP and are alienating colleagues in the centre.

I hate how they’re devastated the police, my profession, the way they dealt with the junior doctors, how the lies the told during the latter stages of Johnson, that Pincher is still there.

They’re repugnant. Yes I hate this government.

They’re not a normal Tory government.

(Oh, and how Braverman is attacking those on benefits today too)

Many hated the Labour governments of the late 70s for the totally craven way they ran the country. Chuck in the filth that is Corbin and many feel the same way to the class warriors

You profess to love the downtrodden ,the disenfranchised,the poor, but would you live amongst them on a sink estate .

We are all hypocrites so don’t fret

No professional person would choose to live in a shite area. They are safer to opine and pine for them from comfortable homes in select areas in a milieu that reflects the job they do.

Many Labour politician make a living out of the down trodden assets but wouldn’t urinateconnthem if on fire

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

UNITED Kingdom on 16:15 - Oct 7 with 1286 viewsSirjohnalot

UNITED Kingdom on 23:23 - Oct 6 by onehunglow

Many hated the Labour governments of the late 70s for the totally craven way they ran the country. Chuck in the filth that is Corbin and many feel the same way to the class warriors

You profess to love the downtrodden ,the disenfranchised,the poor, but would you live amongst them on a sink estate .

We are all hypocrites so don’t fret

No professional person would choose to live in a shite area. They are safer to opine and pine for them from comfortable homes in select areas in a milieu that reflects the job they do.

Many Labour politician make a living out of the down trodden assets but wouldn’t urinateconnthem if on fire

I have a lot of friends that live on 'sink estates' as you call them I spent a lot of my childhood in houses that were poor and they were the warmest, most decent people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Conversely some of the biggest tossers I've encountered in my personal and professional life have been from areas such as Hale, very rich, and very entitled.

I don't confess to 'love the downtrodden' I don't want them to be trodden on and not given the same opportunities that those with wealthy parents have.

You've no idea of where I grew up, the people I met, and I will not look down on those who have not been as fortunate as I have been.

I am not opining, I am voicing an opinion for those who are often ignored
UNITED Kingdom on 16:39 - Oct 7 with 1266 viewsonehunglow

UNITED Kingdom on 16:15 - Oct 7 by Sirjohnalot

I have a lot of friends that live on 'sink estates' as you call them I spent a lot of my childhood in houses that were poor and they were the warmest, most decent people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Conversely some of the biggest tossers I've encountered in my personal and professional life have been from areas such as Hale, very rich, and very entitled.

I don't confess to 'love the downtrodden' I don't want them to be trodden on and not given the same opportunities that those with wealthy parents have.

You've no idea of where I grew up, the people I met, and I will not look down on those who have not been as fortunate as I have been.

You are not unfortunate. You have intelligence and have worked hard. That is not something to feel guilty about.
Now,would you live in Moss Side, Whytenshaw,Urmson .

It’s not a mater of looking down on anyone so you totally misunderstand what I am alluding to here.

Few have the cultured pursuits you have too. It’s because you are educated and we’re brought up well .

I know that much

UNITED Kingdom on 16:58 - Oct 7 with 1253 viewsSirjohnalot

UNITED Kingdom on 16:39 - Oct 7 by onehunglow

You are not unfortunate. You have intelligence and have worked hard. That is not something to feel guilty about.
Now,would you live in Moss Side, Whytenshaw,Urmson .

It’s not a mater of looking down on anyone so you totally misunderstand what I am alluding to here.

Few have the cultured pursuits you have too. It’s because you are educated and we’re brought up well .

I know that much

I may have misread your post but, have a look back at it, it really comes across as if you're decrying these people. Words you used really didn't convey much sympathy, people cannot help where they are from, and if people don't have an even start, they're immediately disadvantaged.

University was never talked about in Cefn Saeson Comp, nothing wrong with the school, but it just wasn't. James O'Brien's latest podcast with Andy Burnham (full disclsoure 29 Sep) talks about this. He went to Oxbridge but wasn't prepared for the Qs he was asked whereas O'Brien who went to a very posh school, had all that drummed into them. How is that right ?

Educated is a hell of a lot more than having meaningless certificates, I've done well becasue, as you say due to my parents, if I had the start a lot of my mates did, I may well not have done.

My point is that we need to make a more even society, plenty of kids I knew would never have thought of doing my job, a lot of them, far cleverer than me, but never had their potential realised, as they didn't have the support.

It's what winds me up so when I see people like JRM sneering or Johnson's antics. They've never known what it means to be denied anything, they've been presented with everything.

Society needs a far more balanced representation. Like them or not Jess Phillips and Angela Raynor eg, have far more in common with the folk they represent than Johnson and his cohorts. They've known poverty, they've seen their power cut off.

I wouldn't chose to live in an area where there is high crime, no, course not, but just becasue I live somewhere that may be seen to be quite nice, does not mean that I don't empathise with people worse off than me.

I've spent 20 years with people with drink and drug addictions, I've read their pre sentence reports and seen how their backgrounds were ravaged by abuse. Something needs to be put in place to break that cycle.

Money spent on helping people like that if not a vote winner.

I'm educated, I'm well brought up. I don't see what is wrong in wanting to help others achieve likewise
UNITED Kingdom on 17:08 - Oct 7 with 1242 viewsonehunglow

UNITED Kingdom on 16:58 - Oct 7 by Sirjohnalot

I may have misread your post but, have a look back at it, it really comes across as if you're decrying these people. Words you used really didn't convey much sympathy, people cannot help where they are from, and if people don't have an even start, they're immediately disadvantaged.

University was never talked about in Cefn Saeson Comp, nothing wrong with the school, but it just wasn't. James O'Brien's latest podcast with Andy Burnham (full disclsoure 29 Sep) talks about this. He went to Oxbridge but wasn't prepared for the Qs he was asked whereas O'Brien who went to a very posh school, had all that drummed into them. How is that right ?

Educated is a hell of a lot more than having meaningless certificates, I've done well becasue, as you say due to my parents, if I had the start a lot of my mates did, I may well not have done.

My point is that we need to make a more even society, plenty of kids I knew would never have thought of doing my job, a lot of them, far cleverer than me, but never had their potential realised, as they didn't have the support.

It's what winds me up so when I see people like JRM sneering or Johnson's antics. They've never known what it means to be denied anything, they've been presented with everything.

Society needs a far more balanced representation. Like them or not Jess Phillips and Angela Raynor eg, have far more in common with the folk they represent than Johnson and his cohorts. They've known poverty, they've seen their power cut off.

I wouldn't chose to live in an area where there is high crime, no, course not, but just becasue I live somewhere that may be seen to be quite nice, does not mean that I don't empathise with people worse off than me.

I've spent 20 years with people with drink and drug addictions, I've read their pre sentence reports and seen how their backgrounds were ravaged by abuse. Something needs to be put in place to break that cycle.

I'm educated, I'm well brought up. I don't see what is wrong in wanting to help others achieve likewise

It comes across.
Now read back what YOU have opined and you ll see you have very cleverly avoided the question..

I could add much here as your character is unfolding in more detail and for me to comment thus on this medium is wrong.
If I see you again, if yiu want,we can resume after this adjournment .

The internet is Rooney here anyway

Enjoy the rest of your day and be blessed if you see another dawn. It’s the way

UNITED Kingdom on 17:16 - Oct 7 with 1239 viewsSirjohnalot

UNITED Kingdom on 17:08 - Oct 7 by onehunglow

It comes across.
Now read back what YOU have opined and you ll see you have very cleverly avoided the question..

I could add much here as your character is unfolding in more detail and for me to comment thus on this medium is wrong.
If I see you again, if yiu want,we can resume after this adjournment .

The internet is Rooney here anyway

Enjoy the rest of your day and be blessed if you see another dawn. It’s the way

Which Q ?

I don't hide away from what I am. I'd like to think I'm quite a decent bloke that wants to help people

Login to get fewer ads

UNITED Kingdom on 17:32 - Oct 7 with 1213 viewstrampie

UNITED Kingdom on 16:58 - Oct 7 by Sirjohnalot

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

UNITED Kingdom on 10:31 - Oct 9 with 1127 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 16:15 - Oct 7 by Sirjohnalot

Well said sir John.

You are representing the values of most Cymry.

The only time to look down on others is when you are helping them up.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2022 10:35]

UNITED Kingdom on 13:25 - Oct 9 with 1080 viewsCatullus

UNITED Kingdom on 10:31 - Oct 9 by Kilkennyjack

Well said sir John.

You are representing the values of most Cymry.

The only time to look down on others is when you are helping them up.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2022 10:35]

That last line, unless they are English, tory or do not want Welsh indy eh?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

UNITED Kingdom on 14:06 - Oct 9 with 1062 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 13:25 - Oct 9 by Catullus

That last line, unless they are English, tory or do not want Welsh indy eh?

You dont get to put words in other people’s mouths.

You do have quite a high opinion of yourself though.

UNITED Kingdom on 14:28 - Oct 9 with 1064 viewsfelixstowe_jack

UNITED Kingdom on 14:06 - Oct 9 by Kilkennyjack

Similar to yourself.

Latest polls only 24% of people in Wales want independence.

In the 2016 Brexit referendum with a huge turnout over 52% of people wanted independence from the EU.

Which independence poll do you recognise.

UNITED Kingdom on 14:53 - Oct 9 with 1043 viewsunion_jack

Dear God, the irony in that statement!!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

UNITED Kingdom on 15:44 - Oct 9 with 1019 viewsCatullus

Oh I don't have a high opinion of myself, just a low opinion of you.

I haven't put words in your mouth, there's plenty of evidence on here, things you've said about Tories, Englsih and those who don't want indy.

Or do you not remember all the things you've said?

Edit, do you remember saying... or the snivelling second homes wales-shire as advocated by George Thomas and his like.? Who was that about?
[Post edited 9 Oct 2022 15:50]

UNITED Kingdom on 17:07 - Oct 9 with 985 viewspencoedjack

UNITED Kingdom on 14:53 - Oct 9 by union_jack

Dear God, the irony in that statement!!!

I did chuckle.
UNITED Kingdom on 18:02 - Oct 9 with 951 viewsTogg

UNITED Kingdom on 17:07 - Oct 9 by pencoedjack

I did chuckle.

I blame the education system. ;)
UNITED Kingdom on 18:18 - Oct 9 with 931 viewsunion_jack

UNITED Kingdom on 17:07 - Oct 9 by pencoedjack

I did chuckle.

There have been times when I read his posts and think to myself that he’s just a troll and doesn’t believe in independence at all because his arguments at the very best are paper thin. He repeats the same thing over and over even when he’s been corrected. A case if saying it for so long it becomes true. Head firmly in sand I think.

UNITED Kingdom on 18:33 - Oct 9 with 924 viewsTogg

UNITED Kingdom on 18:18 - Oct 9 by union_jack

There have been times when I read his posts and think to myself that he’s just a troll and doesn’t believe in independence at all because his arguments at the very best are paper thin. He repeats the same thing over and over even when he’s been corrected. A case if saying it for so long it becomes true. Head firmly in sand I think.

Mantras, tub thumping etc etc. Where as some more educated posters will put their beliefs in a far more constructive way whether you agree or not . At least you can discuss like adults.
UNITED Kingdom on 20:34 - Oct 9 with 873 viewspencoedjack

UNITED Kingdom on 18:18 - Oct 9 by union_jack

He used to annoy me now I just laugh at him.
UNITED Kingdom on 21:55 - Oct 9 with 839 viewsFlashberryjack

UNITED Kingdom on 20:34 - Oct 9 by pencoedjack

He used to annoy me now I just laugh at him.

Only a fool gets annoyed by thoughts of a fool.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

UNITED Kingdom on 23:03 - Oct 9 with 807 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 15:44 - Oct 9 by Catullus

Oh I don't have a high opinion of myself, just a low opinion of you.

I haven't put words in your mouth, there's plenty of evidence on here, things you've said about Tories, Englsih and those who don't want indy.

Or do you not remember all the things you've said?

Edit, do you remember saying... or the snivelling second homes wales-shire as advocated by George Thomas and his like.? Who was that about?
[Post edited 9 Oct 2022 15:50]

No - you definitely do have a high opinion of yourself.

Its not for you to judge that, of course.

Suck it up snowflake.

UNITED Kingdom on 05:59 - Oct 10 with 776 viewsfelixstowe_jack

UNITED Kingdom on 23:03 - Oct 9 by Kilkennyjack

Suck it up snowflake.

No Catalus seems a reasonable chap to me. He keeps putting up sensible, well reasoned arguments which you ignore and then you start posting insults against him.

UNITED Kingdom on 08:02 - Oct 10 with 753 viewsunion_jack

UNITED Kingdom on 05:59 - Oct 10 by felixstowe_jack

No Catalus seems a reasonable chap to me. He keeps putting up sensible, well reasoned arguments which you ignore and then you start posting insults against him.

The insults fly when there is no argument. Attack best form of defence and all that.

Kilkenny’s views on independence had very little respect on here with most and that’s getting less and less each day that passes.

UNITED Kingdom on 17:20 - Oct 10 with 688 viewsCatullus

UNITED Kingdom on 23:03 - Oct 9 by Kilkennyjack

Suck it up snowflake.

Hmm, a high opinion of myself, I guess that must show up when I'm saying that Im often wrong...not bright enough or taking the mick out of myself then eh.

You're just upset because you've been made to look silly yet again.

Snowflake, oooh now I'm upset

Tell me, why is it, despite the historical facts being there for you to learn for yourself, that you keep on posting so many wrong things, downright lies in fact as you eep insisting you are right when anyone with a brain can google them and see the truth.

Not being the best educated or most intelligent I have often googled what you've posted, found out the truth and then smacked you down. Why keep making a fool of yourself?

PS, I though I was putting words in your mouth, yet clearly not because you obviously look down on me, use insults against me and say all sorts of "nasty" stuff that only ever makes me laugh.

Now repeat after me, Wales is not in a prison, it is in a political union and needs Westminsters agreement before we can have an indyref.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024