Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Welsh Indy march 23:13 - Oct 1 with 10561 viewsCatullus

I am qute surprised none of the indy supporters/Union haters on here have posted about this today?
is it because the turnout of around 10,000 is disappointing and yet more proof that Wales isn't really interested?

SCFC took 3 times as many all the way to London for a football match, Indy being a much more important topic, you'd have thought anyone genuinely, 100% for it would turn up in Cardiff.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Welsh Indy march on 22:00 - Oct 13 with 1000 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 18:33 - Oct 13 by onehunglow

Cymru is now being used obsessively. If somebody asks you where you are from ,say on holidays,you say Wales.
Fact.

Ramming Welsh down throats is the main reason majority will ever vote Indy because the Nats will force English out of public life,or try to.

No welsh speaker should be on here discoursing in English

It’s welsh or the highway …or should be.

Why does the use of Cymru scare you ?

Its the name we give our own nation.
Thats it.

Beware of the Risen People

The Welsh Indy march on 22:01 - Oct 13 with 995 viewspencoedjack

The Welsh Indy march on 21:36 - Oct 13 by Catullus

I'm in that camp too. I don't trust any of our governments, Westminster or any of the devolved to spend our money wisely. So much is wasted.

UK politics as a whole needs massive reform but expecting any of them to actually make reforms is a pipe dream. They are well and truly on the gravy train. The Senedd will increase its numbers and no doubt in the not to distant future there'll be anotherhefty pay rise for them.
Meanwhile the public services will continue to suffer, the wait for oerations will get longer, crime will increase and education will continie to be dumbed down. Or maybe I'm just a little too cynical.

Not cynical just realistic.

I really have no idea who I will vote for in the next election, what a sorry state we have become.
The Welsh Indy march on 22:14 - Oct 13 with 980 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 21:36 - Oct 13 by Catullus

I'm in that camp too. I don't trust any of our governments, Westminster or any of the devolved to spend our money wisely. So much is wasted.

UK politics as a whole needs massive reform but expecting any of them to actually make reforms is a pipe dream. They are well and truly on the gravy train. The Senedd will increase its numbers and no doubt in the not to distant future there'll be anotherhefty pay rise for them.
Meanwhile the public services will continue to suffer, the wait for oerations will get longer, crime will increase and education will continie to be dumbed down. Or maybe I'm just a little too cynical.

When the Tories lied to the people of the UK to obtain Brexit, then huge economic damage was sure to be done.

We were distracted by Covid, but the govt itself has figures that show Brexit was twice as damaging as covid.

So having done all that damage by their own actions, then its a bit rich to try to blame Welsh Govt.

In October 2021, the UK government's Office of Budget Responsibility calculated that Brexit would cost 4% of GDP per annum over the long term. 4% of 2021 UK GDP is the equivalent of a £32bn cost per annum to the UK taxpayer.

For comparison, between April 2022 and 31 March 2023, welsh government plan to spend almost £22 billion.

Brexit has cost us a lot more per year than the total yearly welsh government spend. Fact.

Know your enemy.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2022 22:18]

The Welsh Indy march on 23:13 - Oct 13 with 961 viewsonehunglow

The Welsh Indy march on 22:00 - Oct 13 by Kilkennyjack

Why does the use of Cymru scare you ?

Its the name we give our own nation.
Thats it.

It doesn’t. Nothing scares me son apart from cancer

Why talk on a language you hate

It’s Wales for most people. You know it. We all do

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Welsh Indy march on 09:36 - Oct 14 with 896 viewsCatullus

The Welsh Indy march on 22:14 - Oct 13 by Kilkennyjack

When the Tories lied to the people of the UK to obtain Brexit, then huge economic damage was sure to be done.

We were distracted by Covid, but the govt itself has figures that show Brexit was twice as damaging as covid.

So having done all that damage by their own actions, then its a bit rich to try to blame Welsh Govt.

In October 2021, the UK government's Office of Budget Responsibility calculated that Brexit would cost 4% of GDP per annum over the long term. 4% of 2021 UK GDP is the equivalent of a £32bn cost per annum to the UK taxpayer.

For comparison, between April 2022 and 31 March 2023, welsh government plan to spend almost £22 billion.

Brexit has cost us a lot more per year than the total yearly welsh government spend. Fact.

Know your enemy.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2022 22:18]

Oh dear.

It was the tories who sent out a pamphlet to every house tellingus why remain was the best choice, Cameron and Osborne. They sent them out early so they could get around voting rules.

Labour on the other hand said very little, Corbyn didnt want t say much because he had been so anti EU, so much in favour of keaving that he knew he was stuck in the middle, as a result Labour flopped.

Welsh Labour meanwhile told us to remain but Wales thought differently.

Keep trying to blame it all on brexit all you like, you've never been one to see the bigger picture.
Tell me, are the EU's economic problems caused by brexit too? Was all their spending on covid and is the price of gas all caused by brexit?

Feel free to answer.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The Welsh Indy march on 13:39 - Oct 14 with 872 viewsKilkennyjack

Drakers ripping it up in Dublin ….

“I’m Welsh first and British next,” he said. “I have never stated that Wales could not be independent if the people in Wales wanted it.

“I never signed up to the idea that we would be so poor. I want to be able to articulate that positive case for the current arrangements we have of strengthened devolution.

“The case is that it is a great insurance policy that we pool our resources and share the rewards where it is necessary at the UK level.”

The First Minister added that Wales wants “powerful and entrenched devolution” but “we don’t need a Welsh army or navy or air force”.

If Cymru does not get ‘powerful and entrenched devolution’ then Drakers will be out for Indy.
So Westminster has a choice now.

Drakers is spot on.

The Welsh Indy march on 13:44 - Oct 14 with 870 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 23:13 - Oct 13 by onehunglow

It doesn’t. Nothing scares me son apart from cancer

Why talk on a language you hate

It’s Wales for most people. You know it. We all do

Whats our national teams twitter account called ?

@cymru

The english language squad announcements and game updates refer to Cymru not Wales.

Enjoy. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️👍

The Welsh Indy march on 14:00 - Oct 14 with 862 viewsTogg

The Welsh Indy march on 13:39 - Oct 14 by Kilkennyjack

“I’m Welsh first and British next,” he said. “I have never stated that Wales could not be independent if the people in Wales wanted it.

“I never signed up to the idea that we would be so poor. I want to be able to articulate that positive case for the current arrangements we have of strengthened devolution.

“The case is that it is a great insurance policy that we pool our resources and share the rewards where it is necessary at the UK level.”

The First Minister added that Wales wants “powerful and entrenched devolution” but “we don’t need a Welsh army or navy or air force”.

If Cymru does not get ‘powerful and entrenched devolution’ then Drakers will be out for Indy.

Drakers is spot on.

He needs to sort out the M4 car park by Newport first before getting any bright ideas. Absolutely killing business
[Post edited 14 Oct 2022 14:02]
Login to get fewer ads

The Welsh Indy march on 14:33 - Oct 14 with 841 viewsFlashberryjack

The Welsh Indy march on 14:00 - Oct 14 by Togg

He needs to sort out the M4 car park by Newport first before getting any bright ideas. Absolutely killing business
[Post edited 14 Oct 2022 14:02]

Killing business ? the daft tw*t is killing Wales.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Welsh Indy march on 15:07 - Oct 14 with 821 viewspencoedjack

The Welsh Indy march on 14:33 - Oct 14 by Flashberryjack

Killing business ? the daft tw*t is killing Wales.

As the majority of us can see.
The Welsh Indy march on 15:21 - Oct 14 with 809 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh Indy march on 13:44 - Oct 14 by Kilkennyjack

@cymru

The english language squad announcements and game updates refer to Cymru not Wales.

Enjoy. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️👍

Yet the crowd shout “Wales”. Says something doesn’t it.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Welsh Indy march on 15:26 - Oct 14 with 800 viewsBoundy

The Welsh Indy march on 15:21 - Oct 14 by union_jack

Cymru, Cymru doesn't quite have the same effect does it

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Welsh Indy march on 16:21 - Oct 14 with 772 viewsonehunglow

The Welsh Indy march on 13:44 - Oct 14 by Kilkennyjack

@cymru

Enjoy. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️👍

It’s 2022 and it’s cool to do so . Now.

Why are ROI teams refers to as Ireland and not whatever the feck they are in Irish.

2022 and they sing rebel songs

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Welsh Indy march on 16:36 - Oct 14 with 764 viewsCatullus

The Welsh Indy march on 13:39 - Oct 14 by Kilkennyjack

Drakers is spot on.

This bit...

That is entirely your opinion, he has literally never said he wants indy and argues against it. He thinks we should have reform and there should be a federal system but every time he is asked about going indy he speaks against it. When he says "powerful and entrenched devolution" it kind of sends the anti indy message out because if we went indy we wouldn't be devolved!

Mind you, given his record, the fact he isn't for it is probably a reason we should go for it.

The Welsh Indy march on 17:58 - Oct 14 with 734 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 16:21 - Oct 14 by onehunglow

It’s 2022 and it’s cool to do so . Now.

Why are ROI teams refers to as Ireland and not whatever the feck they are in Irish.

2022 and they sing rebel songs

Because their beautiful country is called Ireland.

For Irish language decline, see Cymraeg.

The Welsh Indy march on 17:59 - Oct 14 with 731 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 15:21 - Oct 14 by union_jack

Plenty of welsh language songs.

You should try it.

The Welsh Indy march on 18:00 - Oct 14 with 724 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 15:07 - Oct 14 by pencoedjack

As the majority of us can see.

He is the democratic leader of Cymru.

The welsh people voted Drakers back in. Fact.

The Welsh Indy march on 18:02 - Oct 14 with 715 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh Indy march on 17:59 - Oct 14 by Kilkennyjack

You should try it.

But they shout Wales! Do you understand English? Whether they sing Welsh language songs or not was not the point being made.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Welsh Indy march on 18:08 - Oct 14 with 715 viewsCatullus

The Welsh Indy march on 17:58 - Oct 14 by Kilkennyjack

Because their beautiful country is called Ireland.

For Irish language decline, see Cymraeg.

No, their country is called Eire, in their Irish gaelic, the ROI becomes "Poblacht na hÉireann" so as you can see, it's called Ireland in English.

In Welsh ir's "Iwerddon" and ROI becomes "Gweriniaeth Iwerddon"

It is a beautiful country though, well I've never been to the North but Southern Ireland is nice.

The Welsh Indy march on 18:39 - Oct 14 with 699 viewsTogg

The Welsh Indy march on 17:59 - Oct 14 by Kilkennyjack

You should try it.

Do you speak Welsh or are you a learner? No problem either way as I've being trying to learn Spanish and French for years.
Supprised at the amount of people from the llansamlet area who speak Welsh.
The Welsh Indy march on 21:25 - Oct 14 with 651 viewsBryanSwan

The Welsh Indy march on 20:25 - Oct 13 by pencoedjack

Agree.

I would have no problem paying additional tax if it was used wisely, unfortunately I currently see no political party id trust to do that.

True there mate, i wouldn't trust any of them to actually do very much that wasn't of a vested interest.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The Welsh Indy march on 23:30 - Oct 14 with 622 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 18:39 - Oct 14 by Togg

Do you speak Welsh or are you a learner? No problem either way as I've being trying to learn Spanish and French for years.
Supprised at the amount of people from the llansamlet area who speak Welsh.

I have terrible welsh but i keep at it.
I aspire to be a proper learner.

Sounds exactly like your Spanish and French tbh …..🤣

Certainly lots more welsh around i agree, especially the younger people.

The Welsh Indy march on 16:28 - Oct 15 with 579 viewsCatullus

The Welsh Indy march on 23:30 - Oct 14 by Kilkennyjack

I have terrible welsh but i keep at it.
I aspire to be a proper learner.

Sounds exactly like your Spanish and French tbh …..🤣

Certainly lots more welsh around i agree, especially the younger people.

Obviously there a lot more Welsh speakers around these days, it's compulsory in schools and try getting a government job without speaking Welsh!

Kilky, I really thought you'd be a proper Welsh user, given all your comments on here.

The Welsh Indy march on 19:07 - Oct 15 with 568 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh Indy march on 16:28 - Oct 15 by Catullus

Obviously there a lot more Welsh speakers around these days, it's compulsory in schools and try getting a government job without speaking Welsh!

Kilky, I really thought you'd be a proper Welsh user, given all your comments on here.

Why aren’t i proper ?
Do you have to pass a test or something ?

I do what i can, and thats that tbh.

The Welsh Indy march on 20:13 - Oct 15 with 545 viewsCatullus

The Welsh Indy march on 19:07 - Oct 15 by Kilkennyjack

Why aren’t i proper ?
Do you have to pass a test or something ?

I do what i can, and thats that tbh.

Well can you have a whole conversation in Welsh? Are you completely fluent?

If the answer is no then you aren't a proper Welsh speaker, you are still learning.

If you are still in school, yes there'll be a test!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024