Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obafemi update 11:13 - May 4 with 6342 viewsKeithHaynes

From his new manager.

“You can see the threat he’s got in those moments but in order to play 90 minutes at the intensity and the tempo we play at, he’s certainly on his way, but I always feel at the moment there is some other guys that are a little bit further and so we’re not going to force anything because you run the risk of injuries then.”

Not fit enough ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Obafemi update on 11:19 - May 4 with 3444 viewsonehunglow

It beggars belief really when a young professional sportsman isn’t fit enough to do his job.
Back on the day,notwithstanding killer shifts,I priorities personal fitness for both personal pride and professional reasons not to mention some serious vanity .

My daughter actually trained some Tranmere players who wanted extra personal conditioning that the club wasn’t giving . Credit to those players who could have spent their spare time on a golf course or in a Bookies.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Obafemi update on 11:24 - May 4 with 3432 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Kompany is clearly ruining him. It’s definitely the managers fault.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Obafemi update on 12:44 - May 4 with 3360 viewsKeithHaynes

Obafemi update on 11:24 - May 4 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Kompany is clearly ruining him. It’s definitely the managers fault.

Ha Ha , good point well made. Let’s be honest it’s only a matter of time before he rebels. He has basically been told he isn’t good enough, how he cannot be at a fitness level required after being at Burnley for nearly five months is astonishing.

Obafemi update on 13:26 - May 4 with 3278 viewsReslovenSwan1

Obafemi update on 12:44 - May 4 by KeithHaynes

Ha Ha , good point well made. Let’s be honest it’s only a matter of time before he rebels. He has basically been told he isn’t good enough, how he cannot be at a fitness level required after being at Burnley for nearly five months is astonishing.

Obafemi in reality has played his best football under one Russell Martin. He lost his way at Southampton getting only 4 goals over a few seasons but hit his straps last season after Christmas when Wolf and Christie came on loan. Piroe has also played his best football under Russ.

The narrative was a "proper manager" in Kompany would get the best out of him. Perhaps the reality is Big Russ understood him better than anyone else. He was "understood" long enough to enable Swansea to get their money back and a bit extra,

I was reminded of Potter when questioned on OMcB's frequent illnesses. Potter told him to look after himself better and cut down on the 'all night gaming'. He was then sold for £18m and had some alcohol related problems with the South Yorkshire Constabulary.
[Post edited 4 May 2023 13:35]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Obafemi update on 13:36 - May 4 with 3243 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Obafemi update on 13:26 - May 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Obafemi in reality has played his best football under one Russell Martin. He lost his way at Southampton getting only 4 goals over a few seasons but hit his straps last season after Christmas when Wolf and Christie came on loan. Piroe has also played his best football under Russ.

The narrative was a "proper manager" in Kompany would get the best out of him. Perhaps the reality is Big Russ understood him better than anyone else. He was "understood" long enough to enable Swansea to get their money back and a bit extra,

I was reminded of Potter when questioned on OMcB's frequent illnesses. Potter told him to look after himself better and cut down on the 'all night gaming'. He was then sold for £18m and had some alcohol related problems with the South Yorkshire Constabulary.
[Post edited 4 May 2023 13:35]

You can pretty much pinpoint the downfall of dells alli’s form to the moment he started streaming Fortnite in his pants until 4am.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Obafemi update on 14:02 - May 4 with 3217 viewsonehunglow

Obafemi update on 12:44 - May 4 by KeithHaynes

Let’s just get the bluddy money for him and replace with quality .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Obafemi update on 14:04 - May 4 with 3219 viewsBoundy

Obviously busting a gut to impress, not. The way he's going he'll end up as just another who?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Obafemi update on 15:51 - May 4 with 3130 viewsWhiterockin

I just hope the buy clause is watertight because the article I read said he hasn't signed permanently yet.
Login to get fewer ads

Obafemi update on 15:57 - May 4 with 3113 viewsheatwave

Can't see him getting regular gametime which will of course p'ss him off.
Wieghorst returns from man u at the seasons end and will no doubt be ahead in the pecking order.
Kompany could well get head hunted if Burnley start next season ok.
Where does Michael go then?
Obafemi update on 15:59 - May 4 with 3104 viewsKeithHaynes

Obafemi update on 15:57 - May 4 by heatwave

Can't see him getting regular gametime which will of course p'ss him off.
Wieghorst returns from man u at the seasons end and will no doubt be ahead in the pecking order.
Kompany could well get head hunted if Burnley start next season ok.
Where does Michael go then?

Kompany has said he will remain at Burnley next season.

Michael will throw a strop eventually no matter the club he is at.

Obafemi update on 15:59 - May 4 with 3103 viewsmagicdaps10

Another manager coming out public about him......its like deja Vue with Obafemi!

Hopefully the kid doesn't throw it all away, it looks like it could go that way.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Obafemi update on 16:55 - May 4 with 3024 viewsReslovenSwan1

Obafemi update on 15:59 - May 4 by magicdaps10

Another manager coming out public about him......its like deja Vue with Obafemi!

Hopefully the kid doesn't throw it all away, it looks like it could go that way.

He was getting regular game tie after the club took their time with him to settle. He was scoring and making a good impression for the first time in his career. He forced his way into the RoI international side Then what happened? Did the Demons reappears and poor discipline kick in.?

Now he is back where is was at Southampton. On the bench of a struggling football team wasting his career away on better money with his RoI place under threat from Ferguson at Brighton Ogbene, Parrott and Cannon who have not been wasting their time.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Obafemi update on 18:27 - May 4 with 2944 viewsguthrieintherain

Obafemi update on 15:59 - May 4 by magicdaps10

Couldn't give a toss what he does as long as we get the fee agreed.

He didn't give a toss about our club whilst raking in thousands works both ways.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Obafemi update on 18:45 - May 4 with 2923 viewsswan65split

Obafemi update on 16:55 - May 4 by ReslovenSwan1

He was getting regular game tie after the club took their time with him to settle. He was scoring and making a good impression for the first time in his career. He forced his way into the RoI international side Then what happened? Did the Demons reappears and poor discipline kick in.?

Now he is back where is was at Southampton. On the bench of a struggling football team wasting his career away on better money with his RoI place under threat from Ferguson at Brighton Ogbene, Parrott and Cannon who have not been wasting their time.

Ego.
Obafemi update on 19:51 - May 4 with 2835 viewsDr_Winston

A lot of people who voiced little but distaste about Oba during his time here seem awfully keen to keep up with what has happened to him since. You'd think that they wouldn't care since he's no longer a Swans player, but apparently not.

I could rarely fault the guy on his contribution on the pitch when he wasn't being sidelined and I don't really give a shit what happens to him now. People should try it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Obafemi update on 20:18 - May 4 with 2805 viewsvetchonian

Obafemi update on 19:51 - May 4 by Dr_Winston

A lot of people who voiced little but distaste about Oba during his time here seem awfully keen to keep up with what has happened to him since. You'd think that they wouldn't care since he's no longer a Swans player, but apparently not.

I could rarely fault the guy on his contribution on the pitch when he wasn't being sidelined and I don't really give a shit what happens to him now. People should try it.

Exactly hes gone but its more about validating our great manager

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Obafemi update on 20:29 - May 4 with 2768 viewsKeithHaynes

Obafemi update on 20:18 - May 4 by vetchonian

Exactly hes gone but its more about validating our great manager

Or reporting the truth.

Obafemi update on 20:36 - May 4 with 2761 viewsvetchonian

Obafemi update on 20:29 - May 4 by KeithHaynes

Or reporting the truth.

Or selectoive reporting the article form which the OP quote comes form is below

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/burnley-michael-obafemi-swan

See how "selective" quoting puts a slant onto things it seems Komany see Oba as an imaoct player....interpretation is key but each to their own opinions when the article is read in full I dont see any"slight" against Oba

Given the pedestrian pace we have played at for most of the season maybe Oba isnt up to Kompanys oace v Russ's walking football?
[Post edited 4 May 2023 20:40]

Obafemi update on 20:41 - May 4 with 2743 viewsDr_Winston

Obafemi update on 20:29 - May 4 by KeithHaynes

Or reporting the truth.

Or maintaining grudges.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Obafemi update on 20:44 - May 4 with 2736 viewsKeithHaynes

Obafemi update on 20:36 - May 4 by vetchonian

Or selectoive reporting the article form which the OP quote comes form is below

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/burnley-michael-obafemi-swan

See how "selective" quoting puts a slant onto things it seems Komany see Oba as an imaoct player....interpretation is key but each to their own opinions when the article is read in full I dont see any"slight" against Oba

Given the pedestrian pace we have played at for most of the season maybe Oba isnt up to Kompanys oace v Russ's walking football?
[Post edited 4 May 2023 20:40]

This is not a thread fir another Russell Martin beating.
He isn’t fit, and he hasn’t proven himself.

My final edit.
Obafemi disrupted and influenced fellow team mates to go against the manager. He pulled faces behind his back when he tried to develop players as a group. He was late or didn’t attend training on over twenty occasions. He was fined and dropped for behaviour and refusing to play.

Now Kompany is stating after five months he isn’t fit enough. My name as the site owner is alongside this post.

Sue me.

Which nobody will because it’s true.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Obafemi update on 20:48 - May 4 with 2714 viewsvetchonian

Obafemi update on 20:44 - May 4 by KeithHaynes

This is not a thread fir another Russell Martin beating.
He isn’t fit, and he hasn’t proven himself.

My final edit.
Obafemi disrupted and influenced fellow team mates to go against the manager. He pulled faces behind his back when he tried to develop players as a group. He was late or didn’t attend training on over twenty occasions. He was fined and dropped for behaviour and refusing to play.

Now Kompany is stating after five months he isn’t fit enough. My name as the site owner is alongside this post.

Sue me.

Which nobody will because it’s true.

But he isnt syaing he is a bad egg?
In gthe article Komapny states he impacts without soending 90 mins on the pitch....
I have no access to the detail re his beahviour you quote but as I said our fottball under Martin hant particurlarly been high tempo

Yes Komapny maybe questioning fitness but see nothing about his so called bad boy attitude

Obafemi update on 20:51 - May 4 with 2707 viewsKeithHaynes

Obafemi update on 20:48 - May 4 by vetchonian

But he isnt syaing he is a bad egg?
In gthe article Komapny states he impacts without soending 90 mins on the pitch....
I have no access to the detail re his beahviour you quote but as I said our fottball under Martin hant particurlarly been high tempo

Yes Komapny maybe questioning fitness but see nothing about his so called bad boy attitude

Couple of things who said he is a bad egg ?
And who said Kompany said he has a ‘bad boy’ attitude ?

Five months and not fit enough.

Have a look at the Burnley forums.

Obafemi update on 20:55 - May 4 with 2690 viewsvetchonian

Obafemi update on 20:51 - May 4 by KeithHaynes

Couple of things who said he is a bad egg ?
And who said Kompany said he has a ‘bad boy’ attitude ?

Five months and not fit enough.

Have a look at the Burnley forums.

question why wasnt the whole article posted whihc provdes a more "balanced" reporting rather than the quote used?

I never understand how a pro sportsman cant be fit.....but again we havent been the most quickest of sides this season many quites in here re us playing walkking football.

Obafemi has gine he is history yrt a quote is used form a more balkanced article to perpetuate the bad boy he was here and how our " innocent 2 manager was right.

Obafemi update on 21:06 - May 4 with 2671 viewsraynor94

Obafemi update on 20:55 - May 4 by vetchonian

question why wasnt the whole article posted whihc provdes a more "balanced" reporting rather than the quote used?

I never understand how a pro sportsman cant be fit.....but again we havent been the most quickest of sides this season many quites in here re us playing walkking football.

Obafemi has gine he is history yrt a quote is used form a more balkanced article to perpetuate the bad boy he was here and how our " innocent 2 manager was right.

Seriously, can't you just make a post without digging out Martin.

It's tiresome and pathetic.

I admire Keith's patience

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Obafemi update on 21:11 - May 4 with 2659 viewsFireboy2

Obafemi update on 21:06 - May 4 by raynor94

Seriously, can't you just make a post without digging out Martin.

It's tiresome and pathetic.

I admire Keith's patience

Bloody hell rayns, don't you know that everything that is wrong in the world is martins fault 🙄
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024