Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contracts up 20:50 - Jul 31 with 3500 viewsKeithHaynes

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Contracts up on 20:56 - Jul 31 with 2851 viewsWhiterockin

I can see Wood going if we get a decent offer, unless we have an option to extend.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Contracts up on 20:56 - Jul 31 with 2850 viewsFireboy2

Alot of work to do then keith.
Contracts up on 20:57 - Jul 31 with 2846 viewsKeithHaynes

For me, Walsh, Naughton, Allen, Paterson to go.

Questions over - Cullen, Ogbeta.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Contracts up on 21:01 - Jul 31 with 2813 viewsmajorraglan

Contracts up on 20:56 - Jul 31 by Fireboy2

Alot of work to do then keith.

Indeed, any sensible offers for the above have to considered. D rather take a fee than see them walk next year.
Contracts up on 21:02 - Jul 31 with 2809 viewsFireboy2

Keep benda and Allen for his experience, the rest can go.

With duff in charge we will get a different type of player and these will give us a great crack at getting to the PL.
Contracts up on 21:17 - Jul 31 with 2724 viewshobo

How is Cullen, Benda + Wood not tied down by now?? Can understand Piroe + Ntcham as keeping them will be quite pricey, but these we should have given a a 3 or 4 year deal some time ago
Contracts up on 21:18 - Jul 31 with 2702 viewsunion_jack

Contracts up on 21:17 - Jul 31 by hobo

How is Cullen, Benda + Wood not tied down by now?? Can understand Piroe + Ntcham as keeping them will be quite pricey, but these we should have given a a 3 or 4 year deal some time ago

I may be in the minority but I believe Cullen still has a lot to prove.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Contracts up on 21:23 - Jul 31 with 2662 viewsraynor94

Contracts up on 20:57 - Jul 31 by KeithHaynes

Agree with that , no time for sentiment with Joe

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Contracts up on 21:25 - Jul 31 with 2654 viewsDr_Winston

Contracts up on 21:17 - Jul 31 by hobo

We've got a third year option on Wood.

Benda may prefer not to stick around. He has been messed about quite a bit recently with Woodman being brought back to play ahead of him, then Fisher and now Rushworth. The temptation to go somewhere he will be the undisputed #1 and get regular games in will be strong.

Cullen I won't lose much sleep over losing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Contracts up on 21:36 - Jul 31 with 2598 viewsFireboy2

Contracts up on 21:23 - Jul 31 by raynor94

Agree with that , no time for sentiment with Joe

Sorry rayns i think we need to keep Joe, if his fitness is properly managed he will be good for us.
Contracts up on 21:44 - Jul 31 with 2571 viewsReslovenSwan1

Contracts up on 21:25 - Jul 31 by Dr_Winston

We've got a third year option on Wood.

Benda may prefer not to stick around. He has been messed about quite a bit recently with Woodman being brought back to play ahead of him, then Fisher and now Rushworth. The temptation to go somewhere he will be the undisputed #1 and get regular games in will be strong.

Cullen I won't lose much sleep over losing.

I always remember Mike Van de Horn being interviewed on Dutch TV after relegation.

"Are you staying in Swansea next season Mike ? "

"It not up to me it is up to to them he replied" .

On one hand he as on good wages and the other Swansea needed him. They renewed.

Benda will recover and be no 2. He may decide his time is up unless Margetson gives him guarantees. I am always sorry to see long term project payers leave without fulfilling their potential like Garrick.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Contracts up on 22:01 - Jul 31 with 2517 viewsmajorraglan

Contracts up on 21:44 - Jul 31 by ReslovenSwan1

I always remember Mike Van de Horn being interviewed on Dutch TV after relegation.

"Are you staying in Swansea next season Mike ? "

"It not up to me it is up to to them he replied" .

On one hand he as on good wages and the other Swansea needed him. They renewed.

Benda will recover and be no 2. He may decide his time is up unless Margetson gives him guarantees. I am always sorry to see long term project payers leave without fulfilling their potential like Garrick.

Margetson is a good coach, he’ll soon cuss out Fisher and Brenda’s ability and I’d trust him to make the right call.
Contracts up on 23:15 - Jul 31 with 2381 viewsReslovenSwan1

Contracts up on 22:01 - Jul 31 by majorraglan

Margetson is a good coach, he’ll soon cuss out Fisher and Brenda’s ability and I’d trust him to make the right call.

The reference was related to Wood's one year extra option. I could be a two way thing where by the player can earn and extra year by appearances

This happened with Routledge you recall. The club declined to play him because he was guaranteed another season on big PL money after playing a certain number of games. Wayne who had made a few million at Swansea cancelled his contract and signed a new lower one to extend his career anther year. He cooperated with the club.

Piroe and Ntcham could as well but probably will not. Piroe could agree to a n extra 6 month and leave in January. He is not interested in helping Swansea as he wants much of the notional transfer money for himself.

The MvdH example is Mike was duty bound to stay at Swansea if the enacted the option. He did not want to play in the championship perhaps but had no choice. If he had got injured the option would not have been taken.

Contracts up on 06:50 - Aug 1 with 2269 viewsglanmORJa_k

Swans have one year options on the following - Nathan Wood, Liam Cullen and Brandon Cooper.
Contracts up on 10:37 - Aug 1 with 2107 viewsblackswan

Liam Cullen has the knack for being in the right place at the right time a goalscorer definitely a keep imho
Contracts up on 12:44 - Aug 1 with 2029 viewsSullutaCreturned

Contracts up on 10:37 - Aug 1 by blackswan

Liam Cullen has the knack for being in the right place at the right time a goalscorer definitely a keep imho

He has only had that knack for a short time though, he had a lot of minutes without many goals before his little purple patch. For me he has to prove it wasn't just a one off purple patch. Remember Cullen is 24, he has to be consistent now because he's not a youngster anymore, not in football terms.
Contracts up on 14:25 - Aug 1 with 1969 viewsItchySphincter

We need players like Liam Cullen. What’s the point in letting him go and replacing him with something similar???? It not as if we are going to replace him with a Piroe or McBurnie is it? That’s not his place in the pecking order.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Contracts up on 15:22 - Aug 1 with 1912 viewsSullutaCreturned

Contracts up on 14:25 - Aug 1 by ItchySphincter

We need players like Liam Cullen. What’s the point in letting him go and replacing him with something similar???? It not as if we are going to replace him with a Piroe or McBurnie is it? That’s not his place in the pecking order.

I totally agree, why replace him with something similar. We'll find out this season if Cullen is up to it.
Contracts up on 16:00 - Aug 1 with 1874 viewsheatwave

Is Cullen going to get much game time this season with 3 strikers coming in?
Contracts up on 16:08 - Aug 1 with 1849 viewsWhiterockin

Contracts up on 16:00 - Aug 1 by heatwave

Nine players on the bench this season with five able to go on. An astute coach will have as many options as possible available in a match day squad. Two forwards on the pitch and three on the bench is not out of the question.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Contracts up on 16:14 - Aug 1 with 1837 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cullen is a perfect squad player. He loves it at Swansea and is prepared to be on the bench and cover for injuries.

Yakes gets knock Cullen steps in. Kukharevic gets a dead leg on come Cullen

He is paid well but not will not demand the earth. He should see quite a bit of action. 1-2 down throw on an extra forward (Cullen).

Contracts up on 17:00 - Aug 1 with 1780 viewsblackpooljack

Contracts up on 21:18 - Jul 31 by union_jack

I may be in the minority but I believe Cullen still has a lot to prove.

You're not
Contracts up on 09:51 - Aug 2 with 1657 viewsjackrmee

Contracts up on 20:57 - Jul 31 by KeithHaynes

I really like Walsh, Allen and Pato as players and if fit they would all be in my first 11.
This season is make or break for them

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Contracts up on 09:58 - Aug 2 with 1648 viewsjack247

Contracts up on 16:00 - Aug 1 by heatwave

If we’re going to play an aggressive pressing game with two up front, then I’d imagine he’d get a lot of game time, though maybe not as many starts.

That style would suit him perfectly and is going to be very tiring. I can see strikers coming off regularly at 60/70 mins if they are chasing defenders down all game. May well need to rotate in the busy periods as well.
Contracts up on 10:12 - Aug 2 with 1635 viewsjackrmee

Contracts up on 23:15 - Jul 31 by ReslovenSwan1

The reference was related to Wood's one year extra option. I could be a two way thing where by the player can earn and extra year by appearances

This happened with Routledge you recall. The club declined to play him because he was guaranteed another season on big PL money after playing a certain number of games. Wayne who had made a few million at Swansea cancelled his contract and signed a new lower one to extend his career anther year. He cooperated with the club.

Piroe and Ntcham could as well but probably will not. Piroe could agree to a n extra 6 month and leave in January. He is not interested in helping Swansea as he wants much of the notional transfer money for himself.

The MvdH example is Mike was duty bound to stay at Swansea if the enacted the option. He did not want to play in the championship perhaps but had no choice. If he had got injured the option would not have been taken.

I thought the club have the option with Wood, so they can choose to extend or not?

As for Piroe and Ntcham, I think it’s more difficult for Ntcham to sign an extension, as it would mean taking a considerable drop in wages. No player would do that, at that stage in their career.
Piroe on the other hand, is being more selfish imo. He would get a considerable raise in wage and some additional tempters. Winter hasn’t helped by offering him the golden handshake. Now it’s either that or he waits out another year and leaves for free.

Without knowing the details, I blame Winter entirely.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024