Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... 16:05 - Aug 13 with 7104 viewsHAYESBOY

No your crying........

Smells like a trout farm in here

Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 16:13 - Aug 13 with 4925 viewsdanehoop

What a lovely genuine lad.

Never knowingly understood

Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 16:14 - Aug 13 with 4906 viewsBklynRanger

I wasn't expecting that level of humility to be honest - really touching.

Top man Sinclair, it's a complete pleasure to have you around at a time like this.
Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 16:15 - Aug 13 with 4892 viewsNorthernr

He's a funny guy. "Last week was complete crap"
Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 16:16 - Aug 13 with 4877 viewsRangersw12

Brilliant interview

He really is living the dream
Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 16:46 - Aug 13 with 4706 viewsBoston

OK, I'll be the first...25million.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 16:56 - Aug 13 with 4675 viewslosethedrum

Would be nice if all or some of those writing him off when he was 19 years old started to really get behind him now , he has potential .
Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 17:02 - Aug 13 with 4644 viewsdutch

Is it me or does his heritage make this even more special? Black and Irish, two things I'll always associate with the Rangers, a club from the place where multiculturalism started, with Caribbean and Irish support,; the Bush, The Grove, Harlesdon, Kilburn... We love you Sinclair.
Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 17:10 - Aug 13 with 4582 viewsqpr_1968

emotional.....
speaks from the heart....
fantastic......

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Login to get fewer ads

Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 17:19 - Aug 13 with 4536 viewsDavieQPR

Being and staying humble means he's willing to learn. Has improved a lot from last season.
Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 17:49 - Aug 13 with 4337 viewsPaddyhoops

Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 17:02 - Aug 13 by dutch

Is it me or does his heritage make this even more special? Black and Irish, two things I'll always associate with the Rangers, a club from the place where multiculturalism started, with Caribbean and Irish support,; the Bush, The Grove, Harlesdon, Kilburn... We love you Sinclair.

Irelands two hero’s in music and football were both mixed race . The great Paul McGrath and the superlative Phil lynott. Both flawed individuals but loved by the nation in equal measure.
Let’s Hope Sinc is another one.
Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 17:51 - Aug 13 with 4332 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 16:56 - Aug 13 by losethedrum

Would be nice if all or some of those writing him off when he was 19 years old started to really get behind him now , he has potential .

To be fair I think nobody wrote him off just were begging him to go out on loan and learn his craft away from the harsh spotlight of London / championship / LR.
He is still so raw but his body seems leaner and his desision making 100% right now.
Most important GA is the first of 4 managers that actually trusts him and instill confidence to try and unlock his potential .
His fitness is still in question and his bursts of madness /raw energy will continue to get him booked so hopefully that will change.
Having Cook and JC and Dykes alongside him will be massive too.Look at Cook taking him away from the Cardiff fans when they were getting angry says a lot .
We could have someone special here its exciting thinking of his goal coming this week at LR
Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 17:51 - Aug 13 with 4327 viewsbaz_qpr

Never change Sinclair, never change...

Hard not to well up it meant so much to him to get it of his back and it means so much to us because it means so much for him
Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 18:03 - Aug 13 with 4225 viewssprocket

Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 17:51 - Aug 13 by baz_qpr

Never change Sinclair, never change...

Hard not to well up it meant so much to him to get it of his back and it means so much to us because it means so much for him

Sinclair comes from Clondalkin in Dublin. This area of west Dublin has it's social issues so I can imagine he has been influenced by his environmental upbringing. Seems very humble and genuine young man who is trying his best to take the opportunity he has been given. Hope he and QPR can achieve his dreams and aspirations together.
Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 18:45 - Aug 13 with 4045 viewsdmm

He's so refreshing both on and off the field. All heart, passion and honesty. I can imagine he speaks in just the same way to his mates and his mum as he did in that interview. Never do a media course, Sinclair. Just be yourself.
Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 19:01 - Aug 13 with 3948 viewsstowmarketrange

Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 17:02 - Aug 13 by dutch

We used to drink in a pub in Goldhawk Rd W6 about 30 years ago and it had two rooms either side of the main bar.One side seemed to be all Irish and the other room was mainly black people.I think it was called the Raven.I wonder if Sinclair would get both sides together?
Is it still there,and is it the same system in place?

I hope we stick with him this season as he does seem to frighten defenders by actually running at them.He certainly wouldn’t take the crap from the Watford keeper last week either.
Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 19:22 - Aug 13 with 3834 viewsqpr_1968

Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 19:01 - Aug 13 by stowmarketrange

We used to drink in a pub in Goldhawk Rd W6 about 30 years ago and it had two rooms either side of the main bar.One side seemed to be all Irish and the other room was mainly black people.I think it was called the Raven.I wonder if Sinclair would get both sides together?
Is it still there,and is it the same system in place?

I hope we stick with him this season as he does seem to frighten defenders by actually running at them.He certainly wouldn’t take the crap from the Watford keeper last week either.

yes mate, under the bridge opposite stamford brook station.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 19:38 - Aug 13 with 3742 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Raw. Uncut. Natural. Beautiful.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 19:47 - Aug 13 with 3695 viewsMick_S

He’s living round our way at the moment. My youngest son met him after a match last season on the Uxbridge Road. Superstar footballer ( hopefully) getting off the 207 or whatever number it is now.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 19:49 - Aug 13 with 3684 viewsstevec

Very watchable character, you just want him to do well.
Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 21:10 - Aug 13 with 3444 viewsNorthernr

Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 19:47 - Aug 13 by Mick_S

He’s living round our way at the moment. My youngest son met him after a match last season on the Uxbridge Road. Superstar footballer ( hopefully) getting off the 207 or whatever number it is now.

One of the nicer stories Mick Beale told us in his brief time here, and look it's Beale so who knows if it's true...

Randomly one week last summer Sinclair had a dire week in training. Beale had upped him to the first team, taken him to Germany, very impressed with him, and also knew it was politically good to have him involved after what happened with Warbs. Then, suddenly, he went to sht. Tired, lethargic, all over the place.

They did a bit of digging. Turned out he was living at home with, Beale said his parents but could have been a family putting him up in digs or whatever. These adults had gone away for a week to Majorca on holiday, leaving Sinclair by himself. So he'd basically sat in front of the TV eating Pot Noodle all week because he can't cook.

So they started getting the training ground staff to prepare him cooked meals for dinner in plastic boxes to take home, and were following him round all week asking what he'd eaten.
Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 21:18 - Aug 13 with 3393 viewsbosh67

Interviews like this with all that emotion makes it worth being a QPR fan.

Only one more goal and he’s broken Seny’s scoring record! I hope this genuinely is a springboard for him.

I also love that he’s basically blind. He wears serious glass bins day to day. Only his dog barking made him aware that Smyth had won the ball back!
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 21:21]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 21:30 - Aug 13 with 3346 viewsted_hendrix

Lets look after him.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 21:33 - Aug 13 with 3324 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 21:10 - Aug 13 by Northernr

One of the nicer stories Mick Beale told us in his brief time here, and look it's Beale so who knows if it's true...

Randomly one week last summer Sinclair had a dire week in training. Beale had upped him to the first team, taken him to Germany, very impressed with him, and also knew it was politically good to have him involved after what happened with Warbs. Then, suddenly, he went to sht. Tired, lethargic, all over the place.

They did a bit of digging. Turned out he was living at home with, Beale said his parents but could have been a family putting him up in digs or whatever. These adults had gone away for a week to Majorca on holiday, leaving Sinclair by himself. So he'd basically sat in front of the TV eating Pot Noodle all week because he can't cook.

So they started getting the training ground staff to prepare him cooked meals for dinner in plastic boxes to take home, and were following him round all week asking what he'd eaten.

My first reaction to this is that I'm amazed that Beale's even bragging about it, out loud, to anyone. It's embarrasing for him. He was the manager.

Every player should have a food diary, from day one, and it shouldn't take more then a week to flag a problem.

This is not to knock a player or the club, just an observation. Had Armstrong played GAA (amateur) in Ireland he could've played for Dublin, and every one of his five daily meals would've been tailored for his needs and would've been pre-cooked and delivered to his workplace/college/homeplace.

Beale bragging about this rather than actually getting it done from his first day on the job shows how small-time he is.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 21:35 - Aug 13 with 3309 viewsconnell10

A player who wants to play for us.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 21:36 - Aug 13 with 3305 viewsNorthernr

Sinclair Armstrong everybody.......... on 21:33 - Aug 13 by BrianMcCarthy

My first reaction to this is that I'm amazed that Beale's even bragging about it, out loud, to anyone. It's embarrasing for him. He was the manager.

Every player should have a food diary, from day one, and it shouldn't take more then a week to flag a problem.

This is not to knock a player or the club, just an observation. Had Armstrong played GAA (amateur) in Ireland he could've played for Dublin, and every one of his five daily meals would've been tailored for his needs and would've been pre-cooked and delivered to his workplace/college/homeplace.

Beale bragging about this rather than actually getting it done from his first day on the job shows how small-time he is.

TBF to him (and you know what I think of him) it was part of his wider discussion about he couldn't believe some of the stuff that was just taken as "well it's always been like that" at QPR when he took over. Such as the players wandering in at 1pmish down South Africa Road under their own steam on a matchday, having fed themselves in the morning etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024