Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Young people leaving Wales 12:49 - Oct 5 with 1773 viewspencoedjack

Slowest population growth.

https://news.sky.com/story/why-young-welsh-people-are-leaving-the-places-they-gr
Young people leaving Wales on 12:51 - Oct 5 with 1376 viewsKeithHaynes

Similar here in Spain mate.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Young people leaving Wales on 12:53 - Oct 5 with 1369 viewsWingstandwood

Aye, that is the end result of those backward yokels in Cardiff Bay. Turning Wales into an impoversihed economic backwater.

Argus!

Young people leaving Wales on 13:36 - Oct 5 with 1339 viewspencoedjack

Young people leaving Wales on 12:53 - Oct 5 by Wingstandwood

Aye, that is the end result of those backward yokels in Cardiff Bay. Turning Wales into an impoversihed economic backwater.

100%
Young people leaving Wales on 14:16 - Oct 5 with 1318 viewsBoundy

It s hard to believe that so few can do much damage to a country's transport health, education, job opportunities, anything which is the responsibility of this assembly government has been a disaster, and yet the they still hold power and unless something drastic happens then I can only think we're going to continue to decline as a nation even further , all thanks to the political dogma over riding common sense and the fact that the Welsh voters are too thick to see or care what 's happening

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Young people leaving Wales on 15:05 - Oct 5 with 1312 viewsGwyn737

Young people leaving Wales on 12:51 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

Similar here in Spain mate.

It will be exactly the same for the North, the South West etc.

As Keith said it's happening in Spain too.

There are many and varied things to blame the Senedd for. The pull of the bright lights isn't one of them.
Young people leaving Wales on 15:44 - Oct 5 with 1293 viewspencoedjack

Young people leaving Wales on 15:05 - Oct 5 by Gwyn737

There are many and varied things to blame the Senedd for. The pull of the bright lights isn't one of them.

I honestly cannot believe that people do not see that the Senedd are responsible for young people moving out of Wales.

Welsh Labour are slowly turning Wales into Albania & the people its happening right in front of cant see it.
Young people leaving Wales on 16:04 - Oct 5 with 1279 viewsGwyn737

Young people leaving Wales on 15:44 - Oct 5 by pencoedjack

I honestly cannot believe that people do not see that the Senedd are responsible for young people moving out of Wales.

Welsh Labour are slowly turning Wales into Albania & the people its happening right in front of cant see it.

What to you mean by turning Wales into Albania, Penc?
Young people leaving Wales on 16:05 - Oct 5 with 1279 viewsSullutaCreturned

Young people leaving Wales on 15:05 - Oct 5 by Gwyn737

it'd be interesting to see when this started in other countries because it wasn't happening in Wales untl roughly 10 years into the devolved government.

I would like to see the smae set of numbers for other parts of the UK though, for context.
Login to get fewer ads

Young people leaving Wales on 16:15 - Oct 5 with 1270 viewsGwyn737

Young people leaving Wales on 16:05 - Oct 5 by SullutaCreturned

it'd be interesting to see when this started in other countries because it wasn't happening in Wales untl roughly 10 years into the devolved government.

I would like to see the smae set of numbers for other parts of the UK though, for context.

Me too, Cat,

Wales suffers as well from a very low birth rate comparably in recent times.

Youngsters moving away leave an aging and often poor populations. That's one of the reasons we should be cautious of comparing the NHS in England and Wales - it's not a level playing field.
Young people leaving Wales on 16:24 - Oct 5 with 1258 viewsSullutaCreturned

Young people leaving Wales on 16:15 - Oct 5 by Gwyn737

Me too, Cat,

Wales suffers as well from a very low birth rate comparably in recent times.

Youngsters moving away leave an aging and often poor populations. That's one of the reasons we should be cautious of comparing the NHS in England and Wales - it's not a level playing field.

It's not level, no. Thing is though, if young people are leaving ecause Wales is being run into the ground then it's a problem of the Senedd's making, it's just a double whammy as regards ageing and ill health.
Young people leaving Wales on 17:06 - Oct 5 with 1236 viewsonehunglow

Young people leaving Wales on 16:24 - Oct 5 by SullutaCreturned

It's not level, no. Thing is though, if young people are leaving ecause Wales is being run into the ground then it's a problem of the Senedd's making, it's just a double whammy as regards ageing and ill health.

Maybe the Nats have a plan.
Compulsory Welsh doesn’t help really nor do those language fascists.

Wales needs to look outwards not inwards .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Young people leaving Wales on 18:55 - Oct 5 with 1192 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

It's competitive World. People are much more mobile, there are good opportunities for those willing to move and work hard.

My son moved to Bristol after being stuck in a Level 1 IT support job in Swansea for 2 years. After 18 months he was working in Level 3 support, a year later he was head hunted. He now works as a cyber security consultant for medical device development working out of Reading, Berlin and Santa Clara.

If he had stayed he may still be in the Level 1 IT support job.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Young people leaving Wales on 19:36 - Oct 5 with 1178 viewsGwyn737

Young people leaving Wales on 18:55 - Oct 5 by JACKMANANDBOY

It's competitive World. People are much more mobile, there are good opportunities for those willing to move and work hard.

My son moved to Bristol after being stuck in a Level 1 IT support job in Swansea for 2 years. After 18 months he was working in Level 3 support, a year later he was head hunted. He now works as a cyber security consultant for medical device development working out of Reading, Berlin and Santa Clara.

I think that’s pretty typical of young, ambitious, bright young people.

I don’t see how the Senedd is to blame.

It’s exactly the same story in places like Cornwall

Again, I’m not a Senedd fan, but there are limitations to what the can do about the brain drain.
Young people leaving Wales on 19:39 - Oct 5 with 1176 viewsSullutaCreturned

Young people leaving Wales on 18:55 - Oct 5 by JACKMANANDBOY

I have a family member who is constantly being asked to do the work of grades above her but can't get the promotion when it comes up.

Wales, it's who you know, not what you know. That shows in politics too, Stephen kinnock, the upcoming closed lists.

A modern Wales should be about ability not nepotism.
Young people leaving Wales on 19:41 - Oct 5 with 1175 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Young people leaving Wales on 19:36 - Oct 5 by Gwyn737

Again, I’m not a Senedd fan, but there are limitations to what the can do about the brain drain.

Yes, I think every country needs to have a strategy to develop well paid employment.

Young people leaving Wales on 20:31 - Oct 5 with 1154 viewslifelong

Young people leaving Wales on 19:41 - Oct 5 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yes, I think every country needs to have a strategy to develop well paid employment.

It appears this seems to be happening in quite large areas of England also.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&
Young people leaving Wales on 20:39 - Oct 5 with 1148 viewsBillyChong

How many return in their 30’s after realising they will never afford to buy a property in London?
Young people leaving Wales on 20:42 - Oct 5 with 1146 viewsGwyn737

Young people leaving Wales on 20:39 - Oct 5 by BillyChong

How many return in their 30’s after realising they will never afford to buy a property in London?

I’d guess it’s probably a bit later than that.

They’ll then get hammered for driving up house prices for those who’ve stayed local.
Young people leaving Wales on 21:03 - Oct 5 with 1128 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Young people leaving Wales on 19:39 - Oct 5 by SullutaCreturned

I have a family member who is constantly being asked to do the work of grades above her but can't get the promotion when it comes up.

Wales, it's who you know, not what you know. That shows in politics too, Stephen kinnock, the upcoming closed lists.

My experience is that she will need to change job to find an environment that suits her.

Young people leaving Wales on 21:44 - Oct 5 with 1095 viewsWhiterockin

Young people leaving Wales on 19:39 - Oct 5 by SullutaCreturned

Wales, it's who you know, not what you know.

Exactly the way Senedd members will be selected after the next Senedd elections.
Young people leaving Wales on 22:51 - Oct 5 with 1043 viewsBadgeman

Young people leaving Wales on 19:36 - Oct 5 by Gwyn737

All four nations of the UK have struggling with stagnant growth and diminishing public services ever since the global financial crisis of 2008. In many ways we still haven’t recovered from it. The same brains trust that blamed all of society’s ills on the EU can’t talk about that anymore so now it’s time to blame someone else. They can’t face the introspection that would come with taking accountability for all that austerity they voted and cheered for.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Young people leaving Wales on 22:51 - Oct 5 with 1043 viewslifelong

It appears that a large amount of young people want to leave the UK, not just Wales.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&
Young people leaving Wales on 22:53 - Oct 5 with 1041 viewsBadgeman

Young people leaving Wales on 21:44 - Oct 5 by Whiterockin

Wales, it's who you know, not what you know.

Exactly the way Senedd members will be selected after the next Senedd elections.

Political parties already select their own candidates. This isn’t new so why are you wetting yourself over something that already happens?

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Young people leaving Wales on 08:46 - Oct 6 with 969 viewsWhiterockin

Young people leaving Wales on 22:53 - Oct 5 by Badgeman

Political parties already select their own candidates. This isn’t new so why are you wetting yourself over something that already happens?

My understanding is we will be voting for a party under the D’Hondt formula and not an individual.
Young people leaving Wales on 09:18 - Oct 6 with 940 viewsBoundy

Young people leaving Wales on 08:46 - Oct 6 by Whiterockin

My understanding is we will be voting for a party under the D’Hondt formula and not an individual.

Correct ,pity some cant see the wood for the trees when. it comes to Welsh politics

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024