Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS 21:23 - Mar 12 with 17505 viewsModeratorC

Cardiff win one Welsh derby and they are champions of whatever is going on in their heads that minute. Try being real champions and set records as well. The proof is down there ⬇️

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62130/the-south-wales-de

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62135/erol-conjuring-up-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62140/swansea-city-it’

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62155/the-weekend-that-e

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:11 - Mar 16 with 2028 viewsPlankton

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 13:53 - Mar 16 by bennytheblue

Well, you lot are always well up for this, can’t be as bad as last time can you? Made the subs though, no we can have a go maybe?

CARDIFF GET BATTERED, EVERYWHERE THEY GO
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:21 - Mar 16 with 1955 viewsWhiterockin

I know we have won by more but today was one of our best games against Cardiff IMO. There was a hell of a lot on it and we stepped up.

The through ball from Grimes to Ronald with backspin to hold it up, was worth the entrance alone.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread on 15:31 - Mar 16 with 1855 viewsGixerJack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread on 10:58 - Mar 13 by bennytheblue

And normal service has been restored
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:33 - Mar 16 with 1831 viewsTreforys_Jack

Harry Darling was immense and needs to start for the rest of the season.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:34 - Mar 16 with 1808 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:33 - Mar 16 by Treforys_Jack

Agreed.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:36 - Mar 16 with 1789 viewsjackal

The Polar opposite of the Bristol City game last week.

Passion, commitment and energy. Every ball challenged for and getting the ball forward at speed.

NO P***ING ABOUT AT THE BACK!!!

If we play like that from now on I'll be well chuffed. If we'd played like that all season we'd be in the top six.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:37 - Mar 16 with 1787 viewsswan_si

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:33 - Mar 16 by Treforys_Jack

Agreed, he also offers a goal threat on set plays. Naughton deserves a mention too, broke the pain barrier before he was subbed, and an assist. 👏
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:41 - Mar 16 with 1733 viewsAnotherJohn

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:34 - Mar 16 by Whiterockin

Agreed.

Had a very good game. The one thing I didn't like was the rolling around on the ground at least twice after minor knocks. Reminded me of Chico, who had his lows, despite me thinking enough of him to still have his fridge magnet.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:41 - Mar 16 with 1726 viewsbennytheblue

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:37 - Mar 16 by swan_si

Agreed, he also offers a goal threat on set plays. Naughton deserves a mention too, broke the pain barrier before he was subbed, and an assist. 👏

Congrats folks, you wanted it more as could be seen from the off. Don’t think we got going until the 80th minute bulut as ever, starts the wrong team.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:42 - Mar 16 with 1721 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:37 - Mar 16 by swan_si

His last game for us?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:46 - Mar 16 with 1689 viewsswan_si

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:42 - Mar 16 by Whiterockin

His last game for us?

Not sure, with injured players coming back into the team it could be. I thought he had as good a game as any before going off.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:49 - Mar 16 with 1660 viewscadleigh

Gutted not to have been able to get down for the game (first home derby I've missed in while) but family circumstances prevented it this time. Looks like most regulars on this forum were there, judging by how quiet it is today.

Anyway, I thought they were all immense today and they all played with the passion we expect from a derby game (and which would be nice to see every game, quite frankly). I did gulp when Fulton and Cooper came on for Allen and Paterson but they were great too.

Darling was MoM for me. His reaction when Cooper secured the free kick in extra time said it all. He has grown on me. And what can you say about Cullen - he's a JB to the bone.

Williams got everything right today, down to inviting a supporter in to the changing rooms to explain why derbies matter.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:49 - Mar 16 with 1655 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:46 - Mar 16 by swan_si

Not sure, with injured players coming back into the team it could be. I thought he had as good a game as any before going off.

He has been fantastic for us again this season, the standing ovation when he went off was richly deserved.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:49 - Mar 16 with 1637 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:49 - Mar 16 by cadleigh

Gutted not to have been able to get down for the game (first home derby I've missed in while) but family circumstances prevented it this time. Looks like most regulars on this forum were there, judging by how quiet it is today.

Anyway, I thought they were all immense today and they all played with the passion we expect from a derby game (and which would be nice to see every game, quite frankly). I did gulp when Fulton and Cooper came on for Allen and Paterson but they were great too.

Darling was MoM for me. His reaction when Cooper secured the free kick in extra time said it all. He has grown on me. And what can you say about Cullen - he's a JB to the bone.

Williams got everything right today, down to inviting a supporter in to the changing rooms to explain why derbies matter.

Darling should be captain

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:56 - Mar 16 with 1588 viewsswancity

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 13:43 - Mar 16 by onehunglow

He’s gutless really.
Unforgivable
A leader?

Grimes was excellent. Took a grip of the midfield area. Always available. Used the ball well always. Good defensive work and got forward when he could he was excellent and well supported by Allen.

Regarding the penalty, Cullen wanted it. His confidence was high. It was right that he took it. Poor penalty as it turned out but if you can’t say anything positive after that performance you’d be better off taking up knitting🧶

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 16:03 - Mar 16 with 1535 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:56 - Mar 16 by swancity

Grimes was excellent. Took a grip of the midfield area. Always available. Used the ball well always. Good defensive work and got forward when he could he was excellent and well supported by Allen.

Regarding the penalty, Cullen wanted it. His confidence was high. It was right that he took it. Poor penalty as it turned out but if you can’t say anything positive after that performance you’d be better off taking up knitting🧶

And you were doing so well,then slipped into Jerk mode
Take up restricted growth throwing .
Opinions.
Learn to accept others gracefully.

Thanks dear friend

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 16:03 - Mar 16 with 1549 viewsRhonddaSwans

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:56 - Mar 16 by swancity

Cullen also deserves a shout out.

As he was well up for this today !

Poll: Euro 2024 Winner 🏆 Predictions

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 16:05 - Mar 16 with 1524 viewsonehunglow

Knitting a woman’s job then
Poor

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 16:14 - Mar 16 with 1478 viewsRhonddaSwans

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 16:05 - Mar 16 by onehunglow

Knitting a woman’s job then
Poor

Poll: Euro 2024 Winner 🏆 Predictions

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 16:27 - Mar 16 with 1414 viewsAnotherJohn

Everybody is entitled to an opinion, but I have to disagree about the penalty. In a big game like this we should stick to our designated penalty taker - Grimes as Lowe was not on the field - and not let a guy who has never taken one have the ball because he has just scored. I felt extreme trepidation when I saw Cullen stepping up and so it proved.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 16:44 - Mar 16 with 1315 viewsFlashberryjack

Agree with your opinion on Grimes, but Cullen should never have been allowed to take the penalty, Grimes every time.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 16:46 - Mar 16 with 1303 viewsJust_Dave

I don't usually enjoy derby day, knot in the stomach time and all that but today I had a calmness and serenity about me for some reason. Great win and performance, don't think any player had a below par game, we dominated front to back. If we had a Piroe up top it could have been another 4 nil job. Hope you all enjoy your evening, I will.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 16:55 - Mar 16 with 1261 viewspete

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 16:46 - Mar 16 by Just_Dave

I don't usually enjoy derby day, knot in the stomach time and all that but today I had a calmness and serenity about me for some reason. Great win and performance, don't think any player had a below par game, we dominated front to back. If we had a Piroe up top it could have been another 4 nil job. Hope you all enjoy your evening, I will.

as good as todays result was we now need to kick on with the same 90 plus min concentration and fight, keep our feet on the ground keep the clean sheets coming and pull together like today and we will go up,
Well done today lads and everyone staff coaches fans and players now our season needs to improve
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:00 - Mar 16 with 1225 viewsJust_Dave

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 16:55 - Mar 16 by pete

as good as todays result was we now need to kick on with the same 90 plus min concentration and fight, keep our feet on the ground keep the clean sheets coming and pull together like today and we will go up,
Well done today lads and everyone staff coaches fans and players now our season needs to improve

Think this was our most complete performance of the season. Atmosphere was great too. Cardiff were very quiet though, mirrored their team, poor
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:12 - Mar 16 with 1150 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 16:44 - Mar 16 by Flashberryjack

Agree with your opinion on Grimes, but Cullen should never have been allowed to take the penalty, Grimes every time.

It matters not Cullen wanted to take it
Nathan Dyercwanted to take that penalty but De Guzman took it, and scored
Captain leads and he doesn’t

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024