Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IF We Survive 17:08 - Apr 6 with 2272 viewsunion_jack

And it’s still IF, would you trust Luke Williams with a budget for next year.

Play like this and we’ll be bottom next year. LW doesn’t seem to be able to motivate or woukd he say he doesn’t have the tools??

It’s unlikely he’ll go for financial reasons as much as anything else but let’s look at it hypothetically.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

IF We Survive on 10:06 - Apr 7 with 599 viewsjack247

IF We Survive on 09:48 - Apr 7 by jackrmee

It’s the truth though.
He must have had a guts full of these players being pussies.
When has he said anything like that before?

I’m not saying he’s wrong. It just smacks of not taking accountability.

He started off in a similar manner last week, though the interview as a whole backed the players

IF We Survive on 10:07 - Apr 7 with 595 viewsjackrmee

IF We Survive on 20:09 - Apr 6 by Whiterockin

We should have stuck with Sheehan.

Na.
Committed and organised. But too much like Duff for me. Boring play.

Not saying that Williams has been much more exciting to watch, but I do think there’s more scope for it under him

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

IF We Survive on 10:09 - Apr 7 with 590 viewsjackrmee

IF We Survive on 21:15 - Apr 6 by majorraglan

Looking at the fixtures ahead, while there’s no such thing as a banker and a guaranteed 3 points, I’d like to think that with the fixtures coming up the club a really good chance to pick up the points need to guarantee safety. If they don’t pick up the required points against the likes of Rotherham, then it could be argued they don’t deserve to stay up.

Yes, I totally agree.
If we can’t stay up from here, then maybe I’d agree to try a new manager.
I know we aren’t mathematically safe, but I don’t think we will go down, so I support keeping Lw at the helm

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

IF We Survive on 10:10 - Apr 7 with 586 viewsonehunglow

IF We Survive on 10:09 - Apr 7 by jackrmee

Yes, I totally agree.
If we can’t stay up from here, then maybe I’d agree to try a new manager.
I know we aren’t mathematically safe, but I don’t think we will go down, so I support keeping Lw at the helm

We don’t agree on much but you deserve better,as do we all.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

IF We Survive on 11:07 - Apr 7 with 533 viewsDr_Winston

Williams needs to start showing more than he is. If the players can perform as they did against Cardiff then they should be capable of performing like that against Plymouth and QPR, and it's his job to make sure that they do. A job he's not showing much aptitude for so far.

We're also seeing shades of what we've seen in seasons past with the same mistakes being made over, and over, and over again. There can't be anyone left out there who doesn't cringe when the teamsheet announces the axis of tedium in the centre. We have other options, yet for the most part he refuses to even countenance them.

Far too early to be talking about making a change yet, but just like January last season the club would be remiss if they weren't at least cautious about spending more cash for a manager who thus far hasn't remotely demonstrated that he can get what he already has consistently performing well, never mind be trusted with more.
[Post edited 7 Apr 11:46]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

IF We Survive on 11:53 - Apr 7 with 493 viewsjack247

IF We Survive on 11:07 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

Williams needs to start showing more than he is. If the players can perform as they did against Cardiff then they should be capable of performing like that against Plymouth and QPR, and it's his job to make sure that they do. A job he's not showing much aptitude for so far.

We're also seeing shades of what we've seen in seasons past with the same mistakes being made over, and over, and over again. There can't be anyone left out there who doesn't cringe when the teamsheet announces the axis of tedium in the centre. We have other options, yet for the most part he refuses to even countenance them.

Far too early to be talking about making a change yet, but just like January last season the club would be remiss if they weren't at least cautious about spending more cash for a manager who thus far hasn't remotely demonstrated that he can get what he already has consistently performing well, never mind be trusted with more.
[Post edited 7 Apr 11:46]

Depends how you look at it. They could just blackball him like they did in Martins last transfer window and we’d start next season with Grimes and Fulton in midfield and Yates up front.
IF We Survive on 12:12 - Apr 7 with 476 viewsDr_Winston

IF We Survive on 11:53 - Apr 7 by jack247

Depends how you look at it. They could just blackball him like they did in Martins last transfer window and we’d start next season with Grimes and Fulton in midfield and Yates up front.

Martin's squad didn't need strengthening in January, as our last ten games amply demonstrated.

The plan for this season was Grimes and Patino, a combination that actually did reasonably well. Certainly so in Grimes's case. Yates was more effective then too.

We can only speculate why, in the absence of Joe Allen, LW has steadfastly refused to even consider other options to Grimes/Fulton since then despite having them available to him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

IF We Survive on 13:02 - Apr 7 with 446 viewsSullutaCreturned

IF We Survive on 12:12 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

Martin's squad didn't need strengthening in January, as our last ten games amply demonstrated.

The plan for this season was Grimes and Patino, a combination that actually did reasonably well. Certainly so in Grimes's case. Yates was more effective then too.

We can only speculate why, in the absence of Joe Allen, LW has steadfastly refused to even consider other options to Grimes/Fulton since then despite having them available to him.

Yeah, Martins suad, if used properly, was strong enough for at least the play offs. It's different now though.

The squad is weaker bt still not as bad as we are seeing, in my opinion. We are so pedestrian all over the pitch. For Boro's 2 goals we were playing statues. I have to blame the manager as much as the players because he doesn't drop people who are having either a zero or even negative impact, Yates to start with, where is the big Ukrainian? How can Kuhareyvich be wrse than Yates. I mean, if the Ukrainian doesn't score I'm willing to bet he'd still be much more of a nuisance!

Williams persists with Fulton and Grimes when most of us can see it doesn't work. The formation, the style, the tactics and match strategy, it all looks wrong. Like mixing up 3 different jigsaws but expecting them to fit together perfectly.
Login to get fewer ads

IF We Survive on 13:22 - Apr 7 with 423 viewsTomsyard

IF We Survive on 18:30 - Apr 6 by onehunglow

Performances are his responsibility

When the players walk over the white line it’s their responsibility to play the game to the best of their ability and show respect for the shirt and to the fans which they’re not doing. I’ve never seen a manager make a bad pass or header
[Post edited 7 Apr 13:25]
IF We Survive on 13:26 - Apr 7 with 411 viewsunion_jack

IF We Survive on 13:22 - Apr 7 by Tomsyard

When the players walk over the white line it’s their responsibility to play the game to the best of their ability and show respect for the shirt and to the fans which they’re not doing. I’ve never seen a manager make a bad pass or header

But it’s his responsibility to ensure they do. That’s the chain of accountability.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

IF We Survive on 13:36 - Apr 7 with 390 viewsjack247

What do you think the other options are?

Walsh - Will play when fit.
Patino - Great if you can afford a luxury player who doesn’t defend or even get into position. I’d like to see him when we’re chasing games or when Paterson tires though.
Abdulai?
Cooper?
Naughton?

Do you think Williams’ squad needs strengthening?
IF We Survive on 15:28 - Apr 7 with 326 viewsjackrmee

IF We Survive on 10:06 - Apr 7 by jack247

I’m not saying he’s wrong. It just smacks of not taking accountability.

He started off in a similar manner last week, though the interview as a whole backed the players

Fair. But I’ve heard him on loads of occasions, add himself to the criticism and work to do.

IF We Survive on 15:32 - Apr 7 with 324 viewsjackrmee

What are the serious options at the moment though?
Patino- clearly something up with him, shown by all managers.
Walsh- not yet fit enough.
I don’t see another serious option

IF We Survive on 15:35 - Apr 7 with 310 viewsjackrmee

IF We Survive on 13:02 - Apr 7 by SullutaCreturned

Yeah, Martins suad, if used properly, was strong enough for at least the play offs. It's different now though.

The squad is weaker bt still not as bad as we are seeing, in my opinion. We are so pedestrian all over the pitch. For Boro's 2 goals we were playing statues. I have to blame the manager as much as the players because he doesn't drop people who are having either a zero or even negative impact, Yates to start with, where is the big Ukrainian? How can Kuhareyvich be wrse than Yates. I mean, if the Ukrainian doesn't score I'm willing to bet he'd still be much more of a nuisance!

Williams persists with Fulton and Grimes when most of us can see it doesn't work. The formation, the style, the tactics and match strategy, it all looks wrong. Like mixing up 3 different jigsaws but expecting them to fit together perfectly.

Agree he’s stuck with underperforming players.
I do think he thought he could get them performing.
Looks like he’s as confused as us as to why they play like that against Cardiff and not since.
I’m guessing a few players dropped, fined, made to train harder, or whatever, after this performance.
If he doesn’t, then he’s either an absolute pussy, or he truly believes that the bollockings and training this week has worked in motivating them again, or he makes wholesale changes (which will not be easy with injuries etc we have)

IF We Survive on 15:36 - Apr 7 with 310 viewsjackrmee

IF We Survive on 13:22 - Apr 7 by Tomsyard

Exactly. This time it’s the players mostly. They aren’t even trying. That’s their issue.

IF We Survive on 15:38 - Apr 7 with 309 viewsSullutaCreturned

IF We Survive on 15:32 - Apr 7 by jackrmee

What are the serious options at the moment though?
Patino- clearly something up with him, shown by all managers.
Walsh- not yet fit enough.
I don’t see another serious option

Chnge formation so he can use differnt players then. Something has to change because carrying on doing the same thing is seeing us head towards oblivion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024