Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans to head to Austria for pre-season​ 18:33 - Apr 15 with 1371 views3swan

Swans to head to Austria for pre-season​
Swansea City will head out to Austria this summer for a pre-season training camp this summer.

The Swans are set to spend a week out on the continent, before jetting back just before the start of the season.

With the Swans all but securing Championship safety, further details of the trip are likely to be ironed out soon, but it seems likely they will also play a couple of games during their stay.

"We've got games lined up and we've a week away together to try and train really intense," Williams said

"There will be a couple of games and then we'll come back and have one probably more game then into the season.

"I don't like too hot because you can't train properly. Somewhere in Europe that's not blistering hot for me is good.

"Then you have organised teams. Some of the things you hear, teams going somewhere wonderful but the pitch was terrible and the other team didn't realise that that was the level. Not on time, things like this.

"Austria you know things are going to be civilised, organised, and well catered for. It's a good one for me."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-transfer
Swans to head to Austria for pre-season​ on 18:55 - Apr 15 with 1325 viewsKeithHaynes

And there was me thinking it was about the team 😂

Mind you last summers efforts didn’t work that well.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swans to head to Austria for pre-season​ on 19:11 - Apr 15 with 1289 viewspencoedjack

https://world-weather.info/forecast/austria/vienna/july-2023/

Late 80’s early 90’s is not hot?
Swans to head to Austria for pre-season​ on 20:21 - Apr 15 with 1210 viewsbuilthjack

Swans to head to Austria for pre-season​ on 19:11 - Apr 15 by pencoedjack

Perhaps Williams thinks Austria is cold because of the mountains and skiing. All in his head like.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swans to head to Austria for pre-season​ on 23:11 - Apr 15 with 1059 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swans to head to Austria for pre-season​ on 19:11 - Apr 15 by pencoedjack

Vienna Is a lot warmer than Salzburg for example. Vienna is at about 190m and on the Danube River whereas Salzburg is at 430m and therefore much cooler.

It therefore depends where they are going. Peak temperatures are 23-25 c in the Summer in Salzburg. I do not do Degrees F but reckon that equates to 35-40 c.

I expect the camp is in the mountains.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swans to head to Austria for pre-season​ on 01:13 - Apr 16 with 1024 viewsRobbie

School Trip to Innsbruck very many years ago , part of the tour was up to the top of the then Ski Jump , used in the 1964 Winter Olympics , sure Health and Safety would ban them visits now , we loved it . it was a thrilling experince up there .

Last view of the Ski Jumpers taking off had was a local cemetery , in their eyeline , nice .
Swans to head to Austria for pre-season​ on 17:45 - Apr 30 with 587 viewsAguycalledJack

Looks as if Cardiff could be going to Austria pre-season also.
Swans to head to Austria for pre-season​ on 07:56 - May 1 with 424 viewsQJumpingJack

Can we afford to be going on pre-season following the latest financial results?

And what benefit is it? Watson's new signings all joined on deadline day August 2023 so they don't get to benefit at all.
Swans to head to Austria for pre-season​ on 09:30 - May 1 with 357 views1983

Swans to head to Austria for pre-season​ on 07:56 - May 1 by QJumpingJack

Can we afford to be going on pre-season following the latest financial results?

And what benefit is it? Watson's new signings all joined on deadline day August 2023 so they don't get to benefit at all.

Exactly how much is this jolly costing?
They say there's no money, I know a good place that's cooler with good facilities and similar weather its called Wales...
And please please don't turn the last game of the season with a lap of honour circus when all season we have been looking over our shoulder at relegation. Embarrassing

Login to get fewer ads

Swans to head to Austria for pre-season​ on 10:15 - May 1 with 332 viewsBoundy

Swans to head to Austria for pre-season​ on 09:30 - May 1 by 1983

They say there's no money, I know a good place that's cooler with good facilities and similar weather its called Wales...
And please please don't turn the last game of the season with a lap of honour circus when all season we have been looking over our shoulder at relegation. Embarrassing

This , why do we continue to pay for preseason jolly's , the players can afford to take themselves anywhere in the world for a holiday if they wish to do so, a different environment you say well there's plenty of "different " environments here in the UK so why abroad, is it to pander to the management and players ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swans to head to Austria for pre-season​ on 14:45 - May 1 with 270 viewsunion_jack

Swans to head to Austria for pre-season​ on 09:30 - May 1 by 1983

The flip side of that of course is that if they just head down the tunnel, lots of people will be saying they didn’t even hang around to say thanks for the support. Classic no win situation.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swans to head to Austria for pre-season​ on 08:44 - May 2 with 159 viewsjackrmee

Swans to head to Austria for pre-season​ on 10:15 - May 1 by Boundy

This , why do we continue to pay for preseason jolly's , the players can afford to take themselves anywhere in the world for a holiday if they wish to do so, a different environment you say well there's plenty of "different " environments here in the UK so why abroad, is it to pander to the management and players ?

It can be great for morale and team bonding.
As long as we don’t sign everyone AFTER the tour

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024