Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans confirm who is staying and congratulations Abdulai ! 18:50 - May 17 with 763 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62480/swans-confirm-who-

Much more to come, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swans confirm who is staying and congratulations Abdulai ! on 07:57 - May 18 with 507 viewsAndyconky

Fair play to Abdulai. Saw him for the 23s previously as he was head and shoulders above everyone. Does need to be alongside Grimes rather than left back. Outstanding player

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

Swans confirm who is staying and congratulations Abdulai ! on 10:31 - May 18 with 447 viewsunion_jack

Although I completely understand the reasoning behind Walsh’s departure, I can’t help thinking we’ll regret it. He’ll probably go to a rival and stay fit all season bagging goals right, left and centre!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swans confirm who is staying and congratulations Abdulai ! on 11:42 - May 18 with 403 viewsRichardO

Swans confirm who is staying and congratulations Abdulai ! on 10:31 - May 18 by union_jack

Although I completely understand the reasoning behind Walsh’s departure, I can’t help thinking we’ll regret it. He’ll probably go to a rival and stay fit all season bagging goals right, left and centre!

You just have to make decisions on the information you have at the time, really can't keep looking backwards as there is no way of knowing how things are going to end up once the decisions is made. I know we all do it with hind sight.
If there are lessons to be learnt then learn them and then move on.
I does appear that managers make snap judgements on player after seeing things that fit into how they want to play with out nailing down the details as to why they played better in one role than another they really don't take into the tactics, the team setup and how the opposition has to rectify they are behind they have to push forward leaving space for certain players to exploit, if they are ahead they don't leave the spaces. Seen us make the same substitutions for games we are ahead in as the ones we were behind in, that just don't make sense.
Walsh is going to be a what if but we need midfielders who we hopefully relied on to be ever present and better than we have, can we afford to have both Allen and Walsh in the squad and has Walsh played many 90 minutes in a game to justify another contract?
Swans confirm who is staying and congratulations Abdulai ! on 14:31 - May 18 with 326 viewsunion_jack

Swans confirm who is staying and congratulations Abdulai ! on 11:42 - May 18 by RichardO

You just have to make decisions on the information you have at the time, really can't keep looking backwards as there is no way of knowing how things are going to end up once the decisions is made. I know we all do it with hind sight.
If there are lessons to be learnt then learn them and then move on.
I does appear that managers make snap judgements on player after seeing things that fit into how they want to play with out nailing down the details as to why they played better in one role than another they really don't take into the tactics, the team setup and how the opposition has to rectify they are behind they have to push forward leaving space for certain players to exploit, if they are ahead they don't leave the spaces. Seen us make the same substitutions for games we are ahead in as the ones we were behind in, that just don't make sense.
Walsh is going to be a what if but we need midfielders who we hopefully relied on to be ever present and better than we have, can we afford to have both Allen and Walsh in the squad and has Walsh played many 90 minutes in a game to justify another contract?

It’s just that in his day he’s a cut above them all. It’s just the number of days we see him is the issue.

You are of course right but it’s just a hunch in my case.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swans confirm who is staying and congratulations Abdulai ! on 15:57 - May 18 with 270 viewsReslovenSwan1

There are 46 games in a season. Joey based on precedent will play probably 15 at best 20.

There are no obstacle in a deal. A fully fit Joey at 35 gets £10k a week. However he is not fully fit so he get 30% of that £3k a week and a bonus after he plays over 20 games for 55 mins or over.
[Post edited 18 May 15:59]

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024