Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who do you want in the play-offs?! 21:57 - Feb 11 with 1378 viewsFredManRave

Just to clarify this is no over reaction and I've got my perspectives very clear. I just honestly believe that after tonights games in the Championship and looking at the table I think that Leicester will be promoted, more than likely in top spot. That leaves, Burnley, us Derby and Forest, imo, fighting it out for the other promotion place. Form, the teams and my opinion suggest that we won't get that other promotion spot, we're not in form, we're not about to click, we've got a worse goal difference thatn the other 3 teams (and we're not about to start scoring!) and our game in hand is really only 45 minutes in hand as the first half is always a write off.

So, if we were to stay in the play-off places I'd hope we'd get 3rd place so that we play the 6th place team (does the third place team play away first?!) which would in theory be the weakest team in the play-offs. However, if I could choose I'd actually hope we get Forest. Imagine the second leg away from home at their place. What a moment to get our first ever win there and also the small matter of a place in the play-off final!

And then in the final we get Derby and thrash them with our performance of the season, comprehensively beating them due to our attack, attack, attack approach and some good defending.

Not too much to ask, is it?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 22:04 - Feb 11 with 1351 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

Yeovil

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 22:05 - Feb 11 with 1353 viewskomradkirk

I would take whoever limps into sixth place.
Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 22:06 - Feb 11 with 1345 viewsQPR442

Don't want to even think about the play offs because I can see us blowing it and with all the players we have to look a right bunch of ####s. Can you imagine losing a final to a Reading or an Brighton?
No don't think about it.
Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 22:06 - Feb 11 with 1341 viewsThGrimRanger

Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 22:05 - Feb 11 by komradkirk

at the rate we're going it'll us who limp into 6th place

TheGrimRanger

Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 22:18 - Feb 11 with 1283 viewsShotKneesHoop

Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 22:05 - Feb 11 by komradkirk

If we wanted to play the sixth placed, we'd be playing ourselves and we'd still phook it up.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 22:23 - Feb 11 with 1276 viewsWokingR

Was actually thinking today that after all the fun was taken out of it by the FA and Briatore last time it would be quite nice to have a trip to Wembley
Can't see us getting there any other way
Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 22:34 - Feb 11 with 1247 viewsHollowayRanger

need to shore up home form just to make playoffs

away from i fully expect to be less than 10 points from now to end of season

unless things change quickly

for me id play doyal and zamorra together and pray!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 22:38 - Feb 11 with 1242 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Nottm Forest the team we don't want if we did play them first, because away from home would already be a guaranteed loss. If it happened I would like Reading first, always seem to do okay against them, then play Derby in the final

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Login to get fewer ads

Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 00:28 - Feb 12 with 1187 viewsMatch82

Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 22:34 - Feb 11 by HollowayRanger

need to shore up home form just to make playoffs

away from i fully expect to be less than 10 points from now to end of season

unless things change quickly

for me id play doyal and zamorra together and pray!

In the last 5 years (didn't check further back than that), 75 points has been enough to get in the playoffs - in some years 70ish would get you in.

Can we get 20 points in 17 games? I'd certainly hope so. That's bottom half of the table form, which we're more than capable of.
Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 00:56 - Feb 12 with 1171 viewsHunterhoop

Let's be honest, as things stand, the playoffs are likely to be us, Derby, Forest and Reading.

I'm pretty sure the first 3 are safe; Reading may get usurped but I doubt it given the no. of goals they're scoring and the quality of their manage, and because everyone else is so inconsistent.

So, if that was the case, WE DEFINITELY WANT READING! Away first and then home at LR in the 2nd leg, I'd fancy us to win that comfortably. There would be a lot of pressure on Reading in that first home game and we outplayed them at their place so they'd be nervous. I'd fancy us to get a draw at least at theirs and then win at LR.

Get Forest and I agree they could be out of sight after the first leg (providing they are home first leg) and given their attacking options, they could pick us off at LR if we have to commit to pull things back.

I'd rather play Derby in the semis than Forest.

Either way, definitely Reading and then hopefully Derby in the final. I think we'd win in that scenario.
Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 01:25 - Feb 12 with 1163 viewsFredManRave

Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 00:56 - Feb 12 by Hunterhoop

Let's be honest, as things stand, the playoffs are likely to be us, Derby, Forest and Reading.

I'm pretty sure the first 3 are safe; Reading may get usurped but I doubt it given the no. of goals they're scoring and the quality of their manage, and because everyone else is so inconsistent.

So, if that was the case, WE DEFINITELY WANT READING! Away first and then home at LR in the 2nd leg, I'd fancy us to win that comfortably. There would be a lot of pressure on Reading in that first home game and we outplayed them at their place so they'd be nervous. I'd fancy us to get a draw at least at theirs and then win at LR.

Get Forest and I agree they could be out of sight after the first leg (providing they are home first leg) and given their attacking options, they could pick us off at LR if we have to commit to pull things back.

Either way, definitely Reading and then hopefully Derby in the final. I think we'd win in that scenario.

Agree with that as being our most realistic way of making it to the promised land.

Can anybody confirm how the order of the play off legs are decided. Is it through a draw or is it a case of 3rd and 4th place teams get the advantage of playing their home tie in the last game.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 01:59 - Feb 12 with 1148 viewsstowmarketrange

Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 01:25 - Feb 12 by FredManRave

Agree with that as being our most realistic way of making it to the promised land.

Can anybody confirm how the order of the play off legs are decided. Is it through a draw or is it a case of 3rd and 4th place teams get the advantage of playing their home tie in the last game.

Yes it's 6 v 3,5 v 4,and then the reverse in the 2nd legs.
Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 03:53 - Feb 12 with 1127 viewsjohnhoop

Does anybody know if there is any chance of Austin being fit for the play-offs ?
Because without him and Phillips in the team I think it's highly unlikely we'd beat any of the other contenders on the form shown so far this season.
Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 06:30 - Feb 12 with 1086 viewsRs_Holy

Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 03:53 - Feb 12 by johnhoop

Does anybody know if there is any chance of Austin being fit for the play-offs ?
Because without him and Phillips in the team I think it's highly unlikely we'd beat any of the other contenders on the form shown so far this season.

This ^

I can see us losing both legs of the semi because of our record against top 6 teams.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2014 8:16]
Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 07:13 - Feb 12 with 1045 viewsngbqpr

Our track record at the City Ground is irrelevant. This particular set of players has only lost there once.

It's us as fans who're spooked by it - and if you consider it relevant, surely it's no more so than Forest's spectacular track record of Play Off semi implosions against Blackpool, Yeovil and Sheff U

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 07:25 - Feb 12 with 1034 viewsHantsR

Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 00:56 - Feb 12 by Hunterhoop

Agree on this. So I'm wondering who wears the hoops? Presumably neither? Dennis the Menace would be ok by me.
Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 09:46 - Feb 12 with 935 viewsmakaveli1882

Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 07:25 - Feb 12 by HantsR

Agree on this. So I'm wondering who wears the hoops? Presumably neither? Dennis the Menace would be ok by me.

who ever is the home team at Wembley would play in blue & white hoops
Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 10:23 - Feb 12 with 895 viewsadhoc_qpr

I would think we'll get another 20 or so points, so around 75-76 pts at the end of the season - surely that will be good enough for 4th?

I would have zero expectations of us going up in the playoffs, a trip to Wembley would be nice, but i'd be surprised to see us make the final given our poor record against decent Championship teams.
Who do you want in the play-offs?! on 12:12 - Feb 12 with 848 viewsTacticalR

I am surprised no-one has started a 'who do you want in a relegation battle' thread.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024