Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NSR: Thai owner plans European football in 3 years 10:31 - May 13 with 1410 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Another Cardiff situation potentially in Leicester, £180m investment into the club in 3 years seems crazy for a club of that size

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27387616
[Post edited 13 May 2014 10:32]
NSR: Thai owner plans European football in 3 years on 10:59 - May 13 with 1342 viewsRogueTrooper

Thailand and Malaysia are very different culturally, Thaksin Sinawatra, although a very dodgy bloke, left Man City in a better state than he found it and paved the way for their current owners.

Although, throwing money at newly promoted clubs seems to be the kiss of death, I'm surprised after what ourselves and West Brom have done in the past few years, they wouldn't just start with low levels of investment to faciilties and players, to get a foothold before a big splurge

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

NSR: Thai owner plans European football in 3 years on 11:01 - May 13 with 1336 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Apologies, i wasn't trying to say that there were correlations between the Malay and Thai cultures just the way the owner's of newly promoted clubs throwing crazy money at teams, and demanding almost instantaneous returns.
NSR: Thai owner plans European football in 3 years on 11:12 - May 13 with 1298 viewsDaithejack

I don't know why these foreign owners come out with these stupid statments it just increases the pressure on the club, it must be just to generate more interest in there own countrys. Lets be honest it would take a lot more than £180m over three years to get into the top five, they wouldn't be able to attrack the quality of players req without paying bonkers wages for a start and then you have problems with FFP. Another Portsmouth, QPR, Cardiff in the makeing me thinks!

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

NSR: Thai owner plans European football in 3 years on 11:17 - May 13 with 1287 viewsRogueTrooper

NSR: Thai owner plans European football in 3 years on 11:01 - May 13 by exiledinenglandjack

Apologies, i wasn't trying to say that there were correlations between the Malay and Thai cultures just the way the owner's of newly promoted clubs throwing crazy money at teams, and demanding almost instantaneous returns.

There are always one promoted team who do this, and they usually go down

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

NSR: Thai owner plans European football in 3 years on 11:22 - May 13 with 1267 viewsairedale

Man City spent over £640m over 5 years.
NSR: Thai owner plans European football in 3 years on 11:32 - May 13 with 1252 viewsbabylon

NSR: Thai owner plans European football in 3 years on 11:17 - May 13 by RogueTrooper

There are always one promoted team who do this, and they usually go down

It's a sensationalised story of what the owner said, he actual words were...

“My goal is for Leicester to stay in the Premier League as long as possible. We should be able to stay there for at least two or three years and then my next goal will be taking the team to the top five... It will be a difficult task but we have to try to do it.”

"But we won't take the huge leap to challenge the league's top five clubs immediately. Do we have a chance to beat them? Yes, we have, but I think we need to establish our foothold in the league first and then we think about our next step."

"It will take a huge amount of money, possibly 10 billion Thai Baht ($306.56 million), to get there. But that doesn't put us off. "

I can tell you now, there is no way we'll be spending huge sums of money this summer. The total investment over the period of 4/5 years could well reach those sums IF we stay up, but it's a long term project.

Overly ambitious probably, but I'm sure he didn't become a billionaire by saying well lets just aim to survive.

Anyway... I've still not forgiven you for palming Sousa off onto us you buggers.
NSR: Thai owner plans European football in 3 years on 11:33 - May 13 with 1243 viewssomersetsimon

NSR: Thai owner plans European football in 3 years on 11:12 - May 13 by Daithejack

I don't know why these foreign owners come out with these stupid statments it just increases the pressure on the club, it must be just to generate more interest in there own countrys. Lets be honest it would take a lot more than £180m over three years to get into the top five, they wouldn't be able to attrack the quality of players req without paying bonkers wages for a start and then you have problems with FFP. Another Portsmouth, QPR, Cardiff in the makeing me thinks!

I see that Leicester made losses of £34M in 2012-2013 and £30M the previous season

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-FC-remain-upbeat-despite/story-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-25493466

It's interesting reading the comments. The fans seem really pleased with the owners and not worried about the debts piling up. Club owes over £100M. Foreign owner offers to take on the debt in return for equity in the club. What could possibly go wrong?
NSR: Thai owner plans European football in 3 years on 11:36 - May 13 with 1238 viewssomersetsimon

NSR: Thai owner plans European football in 3 years on 11:22 - May 13 by airedale

Man City spent over £640m over 5 years.

There's a big difference between taking a pretty big club with a huge fan base and putting in money to reach even higher and taking a smallish club with a lot of debt and trying to reach the top four too soon.
Login to get fewer ads

NSR: Thai owner plans European football in 3 years on 11:41 - May 13 with 1220 viewsRogueTrooper

NSR: Thai owner plans European football in 3 years on 11:32 - May 13 by babylon

It's a sensationalised story of what the owner said, he actual words were...

“My goal is for Leicester to stay in the Premier League as long as possible. We should be able to stay there for at least two or three years and then my next goal will be taking the team to the top five... It will be a difficult task but we have to try to do it.”

"But we won't take the huge leap to challenge the league's top five clubs immediately. Do we have a chance to beat them? Yes, we have, but I think we need to establish our foothold in the league first and then we think about our next step."

"It will take a huge amount of money, possibly 10 billion Thai Baht ($306.56 million), to get there. But that doesn't put us off. "

I can tell you now, there is no way we'll be spending huge sums of money this summer. The total investment over the period of 4/5 years could well reach those sums IF we stay up, but it's a long term project.

Overly ambitious probably, but I'm sure he didn't become a billionaire by saying well lets just aim to survive.

Anyway... I've still not forgiven you for palming Sousa off onto us you buggers.

Your welcome for Sousa, careful what you wish for

NSR: Thai owner plans European football in 3 years on 11:45 - May 13 with 1200 viewsbabylon

NSR: Thai owner plans European football in 3 years on 11:33 - May 13 by somersetsimon

I see that Leicester made losses of £34M in 2012-2013 and £30M the previous season

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-FC-remain-upbeat-despite/story-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-25493466

It's interesting reading the comments. The fans seem really pleased with the owners and not worried about the debts piling up. Club owes over £100M. Foreign owner offers to take on the debt in return for equity in the club. What could possibly go wrong?

Just so you know, the only debt we currently have is the £17m we owe to the owner for buying the ground back from an investment company that gave us the money for the ground a decade+ ago.

Any other money they invested has been written off and converted to equity. There are no other debts owed to anyone... Just so you know why the fans like them.

They are most definitely not Tan MK2. We've not heard a thing from them all season, they do everything in the background, gave Pearson time to build his time rather than getting rid as many would have. Have invested huge sums in the training ground, the youth system (now cat 1 status).

A lot of the stuff coming out is sensationalised, they know how difficult it will be.
NSR: Thai owner plans European football in 3 years on 07:50 - May 14 with 915 viewsClinton

NSR: Thai owner plans European football in 3 years on 11:45 - May 13 by babylon

Just so you know, the only debt we currently have is the £17m we owe to the owner for buying the ground back from an investment company that gave us the money for the ground a decade+ ago.

Any other money they invested has been written off and converted to equity. There are no other debts owed to anyone... Just so you know why the fans like them.

They are most definitely not Tan MK2. We've not heard a thing from them all season, they do everything in the background, gave Pearson time to build his time rather than getting rid as many would have. Have invested huge sums in the training ground, the youth system (now cat 1 status).

A lot of the stuff coming out is sensationalised, they know how difficult it will be.

Any plans to play in red?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024