Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Past Present and Future 12:45 - Jul 9 with 1582 viewsmattjenkins1990

Hi All,

I am a Newbie to planet swans and am Interested to gauge peoples opinions on the forthcoming season (I know its early doors).

Will it be a successful one for the Swans ?
Do you think the Swans will survive to see another premier league season ?

Monk'ey and Co - How is he adapting to the managerial role ?
Everything I can see looks positive, work rate seems to be high and he looks to be fully committed to the cause (as expected), i just hope he can
build the unity required to get the best out of the team.
I feel it is going to swing one of two ways. He will either be gone by the end of the season, or everyone will be raving about another inspired boardroom managerial decision, only time will tell i guess.

On a more macro scale, I am liking the way the club is being managed.
Investment in the youth as well as a solid financial structure will see the club prosper in the long term.
It will minimise the chance of seeing the scenes experienced in the late 90's early 00's
Survival of the club is the aim of the game. Players, Managers and Coach's come and go, but the way the board manage tricky situation and stick to core values fills me with admiration and hope for the future.

Onto the present and the dreaded silly season:

Transfers
As far as i can see the big transfer stories so far seem to be:

Transfers
Outgoings
Michu, Canas, Poz, Hernandez, Davies and Vorm

Incomings
Gomis, Kingsley, Emnes, Fabianski as well as a few youth players.

Maybes
Besic, Montero, JDG, Sigurdsson.

What are peoples thoughts on this, is this strengthening our squad or is it a step back ?
My personal opinion (in ideal world) i would hang onto Michu and Davies.
I do appreciate though if Michu's heart is not in it then we should sell, it has been going on a while now and the speculation isn't good for the club. Particularly surrounding a talisman player.
I would not blame Davies for wanting to try and fill Bale's shoes (Young Welshman at Spurs) especially under a manager who is renound for bringing on young talent. Plus he will get paid more which is never bad.

Didn't see much from Poz, too lightweight.
Hernandez had a good end to the season, but is getting older and injuries will just get worse
Canas was OK but if part of the spanish rebellion, than no quarms with letting him go.

In terms of incomings i think so far so good, rate Gomis and Fab.
Emnes has to show a bit more, but i think he does have the ability just needs to have confidence.
The potential signings show good intentions too, young talented internationals for the future.
I think we will hold onto Bony, unless a silly bid comes in.

Overall i am Happy with how things are going (other than the sponsor logo on the kits) and am getting very excited for the new season.
Any thoughts from the Swansea Fan base ?
Sensible replies please, i didn't write to just get abused.

Cheers,

Matt.

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

Swans Past Present and Future on 12:53 - Jul 9 with 1554 viewsSwanzay

Welcome aboard Matt, I would say that most of your topics have been covered on here in depth in recent weeks, have a scroll through to get others views on them.

Enjoy!
Swans Past Present and Future on 13:00 - Jul 9 with 1527 viewsscottishjack

I think you share the same thoughts as the vast majority on here, aside from Michu who seems to want out of here (In which case, it is just a matter of the board getting the best possible deal) there haven't seem to have been any major dramas, so I am more than happy with the way the Summer is going.
Swans Past Present and Future on 13:03 - Jul 9 with 1519 viewsMusical_Swan

Welcome aboard butt!

A little advice though, you're 'sensible replies please' will fall on deaf ears here. Get used to the abuse, roll with it, and remember... some posters are never wrong, despite how laughable their claims!!!

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Swans Past Present and Future on 13:05 - Jul 9 with 1517 viewsBanosswan

Swans Past Present and Future on 13:03 - Jul 9 by Musical_Swan

Welcome aboard butt!

A little advice though, you're 'sensible replies please' will fall on deaf ears here. Get used to the abuse, roll with it, and remember... some posters are never wrong, despite how laughable their claims!!!

Your

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Swans Past Present and Future on 13:21 - Jul 9 with 1485 viewsMusical_Swan

Swans Past Present and Future on 13:05 - Jul 9 by Banosswan

Your

You're correct. I apologise profusely.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2014 17:09]

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Swans Past Present and Future on 14:36 - Jul 9 with 1428 viewsblobby2

Kin ell matt, is that a post or a dissertation?
Welcome aboard, don't lose your enthusiasm for all things scfc, though some on this board will try to knock that out of you

on the north bank in 64 currently in 2 seats in the upper east and proudly supporting Wales ONLY premier league team. Prosser is a twonk!

Swans Past Present and Future on 14:57 - Jul 9 with 1402 viewsTheClash

Welcome to the biggest bunch of P takers in the Swans fans base. Start a topic and watch it change into something completely different as per this one.

The Future is tomorrow's today!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024