Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm 10:51 - Jul 21 with 13809 viewsJackSomething

So the Evening Post are reporting (with no quotes or sources) that Gylfi for Ben is a straight swap and will be completed in next few days, while Vorm is going to join Spurs for £2.5m:

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-defender-Ben-Davies-close-T

So it seems Ben and Gylfi have both been valued at around £10m. What do people think of that (if true)?

Personally, I don't think we would have settled for a straight swap if Pablo was still here. I think the need for an AM is so great that the club felt they had to compromise.

Vorm for £2.5m seems a little on the cheap side. How long was left on his contract?
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 10:52]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 20:51 - Jul 21 with 1986 viewsraynor94

I think I would take Lisa's word over the charlatan every time

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 20:55 - Jul 21 with 1960 viewslondonlisa2001

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 20:51 - Jul 21 by raynor94

the reality is that I actually think it's a good deal for us whatever (other than as I said the other day / hour / minute, I lose track) I hope that we have inserted a sell on clause in the Ben Davies deal.
Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 21:01 - Jul 21 with 1913 viewsperchrockjack

Don't be plagiarising me ray.FFA charlatan was a nasty word I used .the internet bled

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 21:40 - Jul 21 with 1821 viewsOldjack

Sig in Morgans tonight

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 21:45 - Jul 21 with 1802 viewsShaky

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 21:40 - Jul 21 by Oldjack

Sig in Morgans tonight

That would be consistent with what the Guardian are now reporting:

"Gylfi Sigurdsson to leave Tottenham Hotspur and return to Swansea City
The Guardian, Monday 21 July 2014 20.18 BST

. . . Gylfi Sigurdsson returing to the Liberty Stadium from Tottenham Hotspur in a straight swap with Ben Davies.

. . .Negotiations with Spurs were being finalised on Monday night after several days of talks which paved the way for Sigurdsson to undergo a medical with Swansea."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/21/gylfi-sigurdsson-tottenham-hotsp

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 21:46 - Jul 21 with 1793 viewsShaky

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 20:51 - Jul 21 by raynor94

I'd expect nothing less of you.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 22:02 - Jul 21 with 1741 viewsraynor94

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 21:46 - Jul 21 by Shaky

I'd expect nothing less of you.

Come on shakes, if it was a boxing match it would be stopped, I'm surprised you keep putting yourself up for humiliation, perhaps you enjoy it?

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 22:23 - Jul 21 with 1623 viewsShaky

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 22:02 - Jul 21 by raynor94

Come on shakes, if it was a boxing match it would be stopped, I'm surprised you keep putting yourself up for humiliation, perhaps you enjoy it?

The beauty of our situation raynor is that we both consider that the other looks a complete imbecile.

It is a classic win-win situation

Now I'm done with you, you low grade moron.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Login to get fewer ads

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 22:42 - Jul 21 with 1552 viewsraynor94

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 22:23 - Jul 21 by Shaky

The beauty of our situation raynor is that we both consider that the other looks a complete imbecile.

It is a classic win-win situation

Now I'm done with you, you low grade moron.

Even a low grade moron like me can rattle your cage!

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 22:51 - Jul 21 with 1526 viewsItchySphincter

Evening Post on Gylfi, Davies and Vorm on 13:37 - Jul 21 by Tom1912

Not usual for clubs continue to subsidise wages of players after they've left.

It's not exactly a huge leap to see this is likely to be what's happening here. Spurs want to move Sigurdsson on, Sigurdsson doesn't want to lose the wage he agreed to in his contract with Spurs and we want to sign Sigurdsson but can't afford to match that wage. This compromise works for all parties.

It's completely usual for a club to pay up or pay off a player who hasn't asked for a transfer.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024