Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liberia Jacks 21:30 - Aug 8 with 2295 viewsPinky

I posted this on the match day thread too.

I've received a few really nice messages from my contacts in Liberia after the result today. Apparently 'Jackie's' Guest House in Ganta, Nimba County (the best place in town), was full of people supporting us today. I stayed there last month. A lot of them are Arsenal fans for some reason, but they've adopted the Swans as their second team. For quite a few others, my efforts to spread the good word have paid off and now they're fully fledged Jacks, with the Swans as their first team. I also gave a Swans Aid shirt from a few years ago to some American UN guys I met in Monrovia who in their own words are now "The newest Jack Army members".

Maybe we can form a link. They're unlikely to produce the next Messi, but some of them are really good. I know Craig Bellamy has a foundation set up in neighbouring Sierra Leone. I'd love to set up a Swansea-based NGO - I've got the contacts in the Liberian government to make it work, but the problem would be to secure the interest (not funding! I'm not asking you for money!) over here. It doesn't necessarily need to be football oriented. The main problem in these countries is creating employment for youths because they're the first to pick up guns. It's very easy (and relatively very cheap!) to get a few walls painted with Swansea City badges on major roads in the capital. You're not going to get many shirt sales from it, but it depends on how we see ourselves as a club. Please let me know what you think.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2015 22:49]
Liberia Jacks on 21:34 - Aug 8 with 2266 viewslovejuicejack

Spreading the word is always a winner and obviously football is much better than guns so long may it continue.
Liberia Jacks on 22:18 - Aug 8 with 2144 viewsBanosswan

This sounds awesome. I really hope people who can contribute something pick up on it.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024