Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player of the season so far 09:02 - Feb 9 with 2034 viewsbaroniser

Who do you guys think is our POTS so far? Personally i think its a three horse race at the moment.

Obviously i would have Gary Jones in the running. He has been an absolute stand out performer this season. His drive and energy are immense and his influence alone can win games. He's chipped in with a fair few goals so far too.

My second contender is Scott Wiseman. I think defensively, Wisey is solid. He has cracking pace and is good on the ground. A very hard person to beat. However, i think his ability to beat players time and time again has really made him stand out. He is always a threat going forward and the only think he's lacking is that creativity to find the final ball. To think we almost got stuck with Rambo and let Wisey play his trade somewhere else!

My third choice would be....Marcus (Bob) Holness. I used to hate watching Holness play. He always struck me as a nervous player, too hurried and error prone. This season, however, he has been a rock at the heart of the defence. He is solid in the air and gets a lot of blocks in where others couldn't. His passing has also improved, he can play it into feet or into space and some of his through balls this season have been immense (not sure if they were intended but hey ho).
I've noticed he's started to come up for set pieces more often now and he seems to relish the chance to score. He almost bagged one yesterday, but for a fine save from Daniels in the rovers goal, and had it not been for Dawsons eagerness at another corner he probably would have had a free header on goal.

I know the seasons not over yet but from what i've seen so far, these three have been top drawer!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024