Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over The Rainbow 08:38 - Jun 5 with 6972 viewsattila_the_hun

after Ariana Grande performed it so beautifully I was waiting to see who's version people would buy, and this one is up to number 68 on the rock chart. Stunning but random https://www.amazon.co.uk/Over-the-Rainbow/dp/B00OU125LW/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=U

"I'm Free"

Over The Rainbow on 20:45 - Jun 7 with 425 viewsNirvana

Over The Rainbow on 06:59 - Jun 7 by Dr_Winston

He's also an egotistical tosser who should have retired by now. Last time he was musically relevant was nearly 50 years ago.

I remember the stink he kicked up about being last on at Live8, when all anyone cared about at that gig was the Pink Floyd reunion. I'm amazed he wasn't all over this.

Yes, Doc, like all successful people he has an ego. Surprise, surprise. And yes, like all artists his best work was produced in his younger years. Again, shocker.

But 50 years??

You've missed out on a lot of good music. But it's okay, there's always time to correct that. I'd suggest listening on a nice pair of headphones, otherwise a lot of McCartney's complex arrangements become muffled. That applies to all good music, though.

Enjoy:

Over The Rainbow on 20:56 - Jun 7 with 413 viewsNirvana

Over The Rainbow on 20:29 - Jun 6 by londonlisa2001

It's possible that you are American, in which case your inability to pick up on light hearted irreverence is understandable. I don't expect people from other nations to share a British sense of humour.

If, however, you are not, then can I suggest, respectfully, that you get a bit of a grip.

Talk about an over the top reaction to a playful comment. It was not ridicule, it was a reference to, as I said, a performance that was heavily joked about at the time, and since. A performance that became almost a byword for bad.

On the subject of posing - the occasional profanity may well be emphasis. The almost constant use is a deliberate attempt to create a posting 'style'. Possibly to hide your natural style? Who knows? Who cares? But there it is.

Have a great evening. If you continue to feel irritated I'd suggest Mull of Kintyre on repeat - the bagpipes tend to encourage a lovely soothing mood.

So is Paul ffukkingg McCartney (sorry, me and my "style") the only person whose ever sung poorly in public, then?

Really???

The answer is no, and many of the artists involved with the benefit this thread's about have made a fool of themselves quite often doing just that. You could've used your refined "light-hearted irreverence" to direct your "playful comments" their way. But again, you chose a living LEGEND (all caps for emphasis/"style"). That's what my "reaction" stems from.

If Paul McCartney is your go-to for awful singing, I'd suggest that you don't know much about music. That's what I did. It was genuine. He's one of my all-time idols, and your 'joke' was nothing more than mocking an old man for being old.

As for "posting style", I'd like whatever you're on ma'am (or sir). If you're not high, I'd suggest you "get a bit of a grip" yourself. I write what I think, not what some fictional character thinks. I don't need to invent a 'style' or a character, it just comes "naturally". As should yours.

I dont know about you, but no posing necessary on my end.
Enjoy your evening in "London Town".
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024