Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
State of current transfer window. Which squad issue to be adressed and how?19/01 14:53 - Jan 19 with 718 viewsJonathandeGuzman

A things stand, this window can be regarded as a reality check for many.
At the start of january I was expecting at least two or three permanent signings, desired by Russell Martin. It currently looks like only Fisher well head in on a permanent deal. As O'Riley (definitely off, and heading to celtic) and Darling deal are almost 100 percent off.
I think the owners should have backed the club in a 1.5 mill bid for O'Riley. An investment that was likely to pay off. But reading many report that we are skint, and unless paterson and fulton go for a substantial fee, I can't see us getting any more permanent deals over the line. Therefor I think the following is more likely to happen:

IN:
Hannes Wolff :(CAM)(Loan) Getting Hannes Wolf in can be regarded as a big scoop, although the jury remains out on his ability since his injury apparently.
CB (Loan) Hopefully we can add a replacement for Rhys Williams to the squad. Doesn't need to be permanent. As I rather see, Brandon Cooper and Cabango develop alongside Manning and/or Naughton. (Darling would have been nice but seeing our tight financial situation I would focus on a LWB/LB)
Leftback/Leftwingback (Permanent): Altough Manning can operate on the leftback position. I would like to see us go for a young leftwingback on a permanent deal.
I'm suggesting Nathanael Ogbeta from Shrewsbury. Maybe Keith can advise his contact to take a look at this leftwingback who is great going forward.
Striker (Loan): I guess we may need a more physical forward to support Piroe.
Obafemi is progressing everytime I see him get on the pitch. But my feeling is that he is more suited to the role of winger/attacking mid. instead of a pinchhitter.
Out:
Paterson: Was shocked when I read the news about his contract dispute. Seems set to depart. Well can only hope we receive some cash we can reinvest into the squad.
Fulton: Only saw rumours about a loan deal so far. really hoping to see him go on a permanent deal. Frees up funds for addings players to the squad.
Dhanda: Likely on a free and with a sell on clause like byers?

Short conclusion on window so far:
Seeing Bidwell go was quite sad. Always a decent player who gave his best.
Releasing all these players was supposedly done to generate funds for deals.
But current reports suggests that we may not see many permanent deals getting done.
Relying on loans is nice when we are battling for promotion but for our current position and this being a "rebuild" season I would much rather see some permanent deals, even if these players are of less quality, but can improve.

On a positive note, almost all our players out on loan, seem to be doing a great job. Next season our squad could well be stocked with much more matured players. just don't hope we sell Piroe or Downes in the summer to cover our operations and new transfer deals.

Uppa Swans
State of current transfer window. Which squad issue to be adressed and how?19/01 on 15:05 - Jan 19 with 688 viewsBadlands

I still see no reason to bring in another CB. What is missing is consistency and or playing fullbacks as full backs with wing backs required to defend effectively.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024