Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who remembers that great run.... 21:28 - Dec 14 with 1226 viewsqpr_1968

of results at the end of 1972/73 season.

25th of november 1972 beat pompey 1-0.
only lost 2 games for the rest of the season......

watched every game of that run bar one.
when will that ever be beaten.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Who remembers that great run.... on 16:33 - Dec 15 with 1031 viewsqprmarkoct1966

I was 15, stood in the middle of the Loft , took the 52 from Burnt Oak to Notting Hill. Great season going head to head with Burnley . What a great side ! Martin Busby broke his leg at Fulham and Dave Thomas comes in within a couple of days. Gordon Jago was a fantastic manager for us and started to build the 75/76 side. Some great games in the run in , Milwall away at the Old Den as a 15 year old was something else, won one nil . Went to a number of away games on the supporters club coach with Ellie , great days.
Who remembers that great run.... on 17:24 - Dec 15 with 1003 viewsM40R

That was indeed a great team. P42 W24 D13 L5. Though it was an oddly uncompetitive season as us and Burnley aced it, with Villa in third, finishing about 17 points behind us, in the days of only two points for a win.

I really remember the Villa home game on 10th March. It was one of those perfectly sunny spring days and we won a close game 1-0 to go top and really confirm promotion. After that we played 9 and won 8 with only a 0-0 away to Cardiff denying us the title. Us and Burnley just kept winning.

The Millwall away win was satisfying, as theyearlier turned us over 3-1 at home, so it was great revenge. The other highlight was the double over the Fools. The season ended with our final game postponed so that Sunderland could beat Leeds to win the FA Cup, only to play us at home the next Wednesday when Stan knocked over the Cup and we beat them 3-0. Happy days.
Who remembers that great run.... on 09:52 - Dec 16 with 877 viewsterryb

I was playing that season & only watched the occasional game. Fulham away being my favourite, even though that meant witnessing the most horrendous "tackle" I've seen. It is impossible to describe my feelings towards Paul Went (although I nearly got the chance to ten years ago).

I was there for the last two games though, at Cardiff & Millwall. Both were fraught with danger & you definitely needed to keep your wits about you!

I only played Sunday's the following season so that i could follow Rangers across the country. 73/74 being my favourite team & season!
Who remembers that great run.... on 10:56 - Dec 16 with 841 viewsqprmarkoct1966

Before the injury at Fulham Martin Busby was a tremendous player , a real box to box midfielder alongside Gerry Francis . He came back but was not the same player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024